Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Chewsday

(5 Posts)
Rufus2 Tue 15-Jun-21 15:13:42

Good Evening Chewsday;
You lucky things! As a result of this new Free Trade Agreement struck between Boris and Scott you will have access to Arnott’s Tim-Tams, with choice between Milk and Dark; possibly mint-flavoured as well! Not to mention Dim-Sims and fine wines! grin
But what can we expect in return? We already have Cornish pasties and Yorkshire pud!
At least you’ll be able to rid yourselves of messy croissants!

Aveline “Strawberries and Cream!” It gets posher by the day; getting ready for Wimbledon, I suppose! Might as well live it up before your Hip-Hop lays you low!
Had a bit of a laugh at “Bones, Bones, Dry bones” on YouTube, complete with animations, sung by a quartet! Strictly for kids of which I’m now one!

Jaxjacky A techie question which I’ve asked before but forgotten the answer; how do transfer a picture from a magazine etc., to a Gransnet thread of the size that every one else can do?
England won 1-0, but was it a good game?
Can’t find it on our regular Soccer channel.
Why would it have been baking at Wembley? I thought there were a few fans allowed in!?

Those poor people up in the Dandenong Ranges who were battered by storms last week are still without power, 20,000 of them and given the below average temperatures right now, they must be feeling the cold, especially as it’s generally several degrees cooler up there.
Secrets of the Tower is still going on TV. Lots of beheadings of course, although no action replays, but we did see the axe. Lots of info. about ravens too! Very informative!

Then it was Susan’s turn taking us around secret Scotland and Perthshire including a visit to DC Thomson and the Comics!. Memories!
I wonder if her “wife” will accompany her on one of her trips?
Two more confirmed cases of Covid today resulting in another quarantining of another block of tenants. Definitely the way of the future!.
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Blossoming Tue 15-Jun-21 16:14:07

Good evening, plain chocolate mint flavoured Tim Tams for me. We will send Wensleydale cheese in return grin

Aveline Tue 15-Jun-21 16:18:20

All sounds good (apart from the Dandenongs).
I've been to DC Thomson's wonderful office and printers. I was invited to the 150th birthday of the People's Friend and even met Mr Thomson.
Diet days this week but lots of eating out planned for next week. ?

Jaxjacky Tue 15-Jun-21 16:40:29

Hi Rufus, I use photos or a link, if the magazine is online, what computer/tablet are you using?
It was an ok game, the England v Scotland match on Friday will be a good watch. Cloudy, not so hot, slightly humid here today, storms incoming overnight tomorrow, good for gardens and allotments!
That’s a long time without power, I hope they’re getting some help, must be miserable for them.
My younger brother was born in Perth, my first school was Perth Academy, I remember snow and red squirrels. My dad worked for Murphy TV and had to go up the hills and sort out the transmitters.
Take care ?

rafichagran Tue 15-Jun-21 18:40:18

Good Evening Rufus lovely weather here, and England winning 1-0 was always going to cheer us up. Got in from work 15 minutes ago, and partner is watching the Hungary Portugal game.