Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 16-Jun-21 06:07:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like another hot and humid day here in Brackley .
Apart from a small shop , I had originally planned to visit the celerity, replace flowers and tidy up , but if this heat continues will make it uncomfortable for me.
Saw the practice nurse at my surgery , apart from being overweight, I am OK.
Take Care,
Mick

Blossoming Wed 16-Jun-21 18:50:42

Marjie the thread starts of a morning but it runs on as long as people want it to smile

dragonfly46 Wed 16-Jun-21 18:46:38

Marjie just because the thread is named good morning I can see no reason why it can’t extend into the afternoon!
Hallo Joyce6135 welcome.

MarjieM Wed 16-Jun-21 14:49:45

Am I allowed to say good afternoon all. It’s been grey, wet and cold here on the moors near Lockerbie. I have reluctantly done a small amount of housework, which I increasingly resent, I have done it for years and yet it’s still here. I must be doing something wrong. ?
Now I’m about to put my feet up. Much nicer.

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Jun-21 12:26:55

Thanks Mick for the information.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 16-Jun-21 12:03:04

Welcome joyce6135 come again and chat?
Glad you haven't been put off Marydoll round the corner will be better!
Just done a bit of baking ready for arrival of sister - she was widowed November 2019, so is still a bit raw, but she has had a lot of support from her DS and DD near where she lives.

monk08 Wed 16-Jun-21 11:24:57

Hello joyce6135 ?

Feelingmyage55 Wed 16-Jun-21 11:18:56

Oops posted too soon. amselerin. I enjoy hearing your news from Germany. My garden is so important to me too.

Feelingmyage55 Wed 16-Jun-21 11:17:22

Beautiful day here in the north of Scotland.
I didn’t know Andy Murray was playing yesterday and missed his match but he did win ?.
Mick good to see you back and thanks to those who opened up and also helped resolve matters.
Marydoll lovely to see you. ?

Michael12 Wed 16-Jun-21 10:53:58

The gremlins problem is worth telling others about .
Apart from email exchanges from HQ , I had prior to that done a disk clean up , which not realising the temp files was ticked .
Anyway , I went into my recycle bin , and also sent HQ screenshots as well.
In that recycle bin in downloads was 2 Chat related bits a Microsoft Edge page of Chat , plus also a forms and files list .
This in the end decided to delete them germanely.
Yesterday , checked emails was advised to try Google to see if I could get back on which I did ,and it was OK , so as I use Edge I did same ,and registered again with Gransnet.
so the message is do not do a disc clean up , but un tick the temp files .
Mick

Blossoming Wed 16-Jun-21 10:43:18

GrannySomerset I have plans but they seldom come to fruition ? Good luck with the stairlift, hope it makes life a little easier.

GrannySomerset Wed 16-Jun-21 10:36:52

Two loads of washing on the line and I feel as if I have done a day’s work already. Men coming to measure up for the stair lift, but nothing else in view though I ought to be a bit more enterprising and have Things Planned for every day.

Good to see Marydoll still with us and lots of people seeing friends and family. I find the fact that others are living a normal life very reassuring.

joyce6135 Wed 16-Jun-21 10:35:00

Good Morning from East Northants as it’s promising to be a scorching hot day. No plans for today but just wanted to say hello !

EkwaNimitee Wed 16-Jun-21 10:06:37

Good morning, Mick and everyone from a cool, grey Carlisle. I'm envying the good weather further south although I know I would be complaining about all the necessary watering.
A quietish day for me with a bit of housework and admin, chasing non-replying tradesmen and pursuing the getting rid of stuff I no longer need. I've finished reading the thoughts of the Dalai Lama, now I think I'll go low and find a cheap page turner to read, the best thing for a grey day.
Marydoll, you don't strike me as being a fragile shadow but if so you must have been truly fearsome once! I don't know what unpleasantness you endured, but just don't let them drive you away permanently. I look forward to reading your posts daily.
Ashcombe, I hope you manage to put your show on later and don't have the disappointment of having to postpone again.
We just don't seem to be able to plan anything at the moment but I'm certainly hoping to get a few days away in the UK in the autumn but am really itching to get abroad somewhere especially if we have a dismal summer up here.
Have the best possible day everyone.

Blossoming Wed 16-Jun-21 09:49:29

Good morning all from a currently cloudy Lancashire. It was glorious sun first thing, but feeling hot and muggy. Thunder forecast for later. I managed to get all the laundry washed and dried in the sun yesterday, so I needn’t worry about that. I am hoping to go for a walk later though, so may be dodging the storm. My walking pole that I use when my balance is bad is metal and shouldn’t be used outside if there’s lightning about.
Marydoll I am glad to see you feeling more upbeat today and long may it continue. Glad you’re home and your friend is on the mend Ashcombe but what a shame about your production. Hope you have a lovely break NanKate.
I am supposed to be de-cluttering my office space, 20 years of working from home leaves a lot of now useless paperwork, manuals, Ethernet cables and other scrap!
Have the best day you can all ?

B9exchange Wed 16-Jun-21 09:30:57

Good morning all, a really hot day ahead, then thunderstorms and showers. Typical when we were hoping to get all the family together for the first time in years in the garden. DDiL is too scared to come in the house, and as its Father's Day, DH was so hoping for a photo of everyone together.

I am thinking if those with worries and distress, may your day have some encouraging signs.

I feel for you Ash, what a terrible disappointment for all of you, let's hope at least September will work. Love the idea of dog babygros, do they do them for cats? ?

Have to tackle the ironing in a minute before it gets too hot, then make a pudding to take to DDs as I cook for them on Wednesdays and then take DGD to ballet.

Filled up some pots yesterday for the side of the patio and put them together, but this might not be the final arrangement!

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 16-Jun-21 09:27:52

Good morning from a drizzly Scottish Borders. Great for gardeners and farmers I imagine. A lovely couple may be coming for coffee so I am very excited. Last minute so no real time to bake but that doesn't matter. Have not had people in the house since last year (bar DDs). Great news re another treatment for people in hospital with Covid. How lucky Britain has been with its scientists and NHS. Wishing everyone a peaceful and contended day.

Nannagarra Wed 16-Jun-21 09:15:21

Waving from sunny Sefton. ?
An empty for me today as DH out with friends. A chance to throw out without having to justify or see items retained! Best wishes to all.

NannyJan53 Wed 16-Jun-21 09:05:58

Good morning from a warm but cloudy Bude!

Spent a day on the beach yesterday , as it was gloriously sunny. Today off for a walk.

Seems I have missed a lot of news, so will have to catch up when home.

Have a lovely day everyone

Party4 Wed 16-Jun-21 09:03:41

Morning all from another hot bright day here in West Yorks.Welcome back Mick lovely to hear your up and running again.If you find the magic to reduce weight please share.
Yesterday as our window cleaner hasn't made an appearance for many weeks decided to remove traces of DGCs water fight at weekend unfortunatley the sun got better of me so job half done.DGCs here after school so need trip to shop for fresh fruit and tea items,feel they will be in need of a light tea tonight.
I do look forward to hearing of your day Marydoll you always tell a good tale.So sorry someone has upset you especially as we are all a little fragile just now.Being a relative newcomer to GN I am just getting to know of regulars and it amazes me how active and busy everyone is.
Best news, mammogram results clear, 4yrs post surgery and I still feel anxious awaiting results also my regular 12wk bloods were fine just my mindset to work on now.
Thoughts to those with illness and worry. Enjoy this weather with whatever makes you happy.

Lins1066 Wed 16-Jun-21 08:58:06

Good morning all from a partly sunny S Welsh coast, cooler for your visit over the bridge corner, have a good day. Good to see you back Mick.
Welcome MarjieM, we are a friendly bunch.
A walk is planned later. Best wishes to all with medical appointments.
Have a pleasant day everyone.

Greyduster Wed 16-Jun-21 08:52:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is up in South Yorkshire and it’s going to be hot. Don’t overdo it in this heat, Mick.
We visited a local gardens yesterday which is really just a huge rockery. The plants were wonderful and whereas most rhododendrons are now going over, theirs were still going strong. Too much for the eye to take in really. Today we have to do some banking stuff, clean the car and shift some dust!
Welcome to MarjieM, and to all, a happy day.

Georgesgran Wed 16-Jun-21 08:45:16

Good morning from Durham where it’s set to be cloudy all day then rain overnight.
A friend coming for coffee this morning, then an appointment at my Bank this afternoon. I’ll be halfway to both DDs, so might call and see DGSs. Still have DD2’s dogs here but they’re no trouble and we enjoy our late night walks when it’s cooler.
Hope Harris DH’s chemo goes ahead today - it was always a last minute decision for DH.
?for a good day all. X

Alygran Wed 16-Jun-21 08:40:47

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another sunny day here.
I’m meeting a friend at the arboretum this morning. It will be interesting to see the changes since I was last there about a month ago.
A council van has just been with a bowser and cleaned the road and pavement outside my house. The mess had been left after work for next door. I’m glad I was already up. It was pretty noisy!
Hope everyone has a a good day. The thread feels more positive today.
Take care and stay safe.

BlueSapphire Wed 16-Jun-21 08:33:24

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ? Northampton. Not a cloud in the sky. I need to walk out and post a birthday card to my niece who turns 51 on Monday - she is special as she weighed less than a bag of sugar when she was born 3 months premature in 1970. No-one thought she would live, but she turned out to be a fighter and has been so all her life.

For some reason I felt down yesterday and could not settle to anything, but had perked up by evening, and tried out the new satay recipe. It was very nice, but don't think I shall bother again. Fish for tea tonight.

Must make sure the front porch door is unlocked as I have a new pack of home Covid tests arriving today. I have been testing before I go out and about mixing with people, so have got through the last pack fairly quickly. Will probably sit in the garden and read this afternoon; just started Stephen Fry's book 'Troy'.

Welcome back Mick; good to see you opening up as usual.

Wishing all a nice sunshiny day.

Alizarin Wed 16-Jun-21 08:33:08

'You are a great bunch for sending good wishes to a child you don't know!'

Doesn't that just sum up this lovely thread? Your comment Grandmajean moved me and reminded me why I was drawn back here when I had been a bit bruised elsewhere on GN.