Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 16-Jun-21 06:07:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like another hot and humid day here in Brackley .
Apart from a small shop , I had originally planned to visit the celerity, replace flowers and tidy up , but if this heat continues will make it uncomfortable for me.
Saw the practice nurse at my surgery , apart from being overweight, I am OK.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Wed 16-Jun-21 06:20:13

Good morning to one and all from a sunny Torbay but this may well be the last we see of it for a while with rain due this evening and overnight.

Welcome back, Mick! I’m glad the I.T. gremlins have been dispelled. Belated birthday greetings to dragonfly46! I’m sorry that Marydoll and Urmstongran are taking a break from GN but hope they soon feel ready to return. Welcome to MarjieM! Hope you become a regular.

My thanks to so many of you for your kind and supportive comments on Monday, after I related the details of my friend's sudden illness during our mini break at my holiday home. She is much better now and has learnt a hard lesson in terms of the risk from stopping medication without the advice of her GP!

Yesterday, I left just after 9.00 am in order to pack the car before it was too hot. I needed to be home for a Toads Theatre Company Committee Meeting on Zoom, now that we can’t reopen as planned in August. Restrictions on numbers indoors (for amateurs, but not professionals!) prevent rehearsals from taking place during July. Either we postpone our summer season production, originally planned for last year (!), until August, 2022 or do a shortened run in September. The director will make the final decision.

Enjoy the last of our heatwave, everyone! ☀️??

MawBe Wed 16-Jun-21 06:20:43

Good morning Mick and those to come. A lot of people did do their best to help you last week so I am glad everything seems to be working for you now.
That was a hot and sticky night so yes, Mick I would go this morning if I were you before it really hots up.
I am taking two friends to Waitrose this morning, more for the cafe than the necessity of shopping - and just because we can!
I have a new gardener starting this afternoon, having put her off last week as I had friends to lunch and then I may just watch the tennis from Queens. .
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 16-Jun-21 06:32:44

Welcome back Mick

Morning all, it’s going to be a scorcher and I have a busy morning!!! Change beds, off to gym then I need to buy birthday gifts and get a few food bits and bobs. Hopefully all
fond by 1.30 so I can sit in the garden, for a while. Then a quick visit to AC4 and family before they go to Cornwall for 9 days.

(((hugs))) to all in need

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

grandMattie Wed 16-Jun-21 06:35:56

Welcome back, Mick. Glad all has we sorted.
Good morning from a hot, bright and humid E Kent. Yesterday’s weather was gorgeous, just the right temperature of 19C. Today, I shall be grumpy and miserable as the heat is rocketing again. I feel like I’m melting - if only I could lose weight that way...
Laundry and nothing today.
Hope today brings sunshine, smiles and contentment to everyone. ???☀️??

Beechnut Wed 16-Jun-21 06:36:07

Good Morning everyone from a bright and sunny Severnside.

I’ve something to finish off this morning for my brother then I’ll have a tidy up and won’t be doing much if it gets really hot. It was nearly 10pm before I watered the greenhouse last night.

Have the best day you can all and stay comfortable. If it doesn’t need doing don’t do it and welcome MarjiM ??

Dwmxwg Wed 16-Jun-21 06:39:49

Good morning Mick (good to see you back at the top of the thread), and all to follow. Sunshine here, probably the last we shall see for a few days.
Arrived on shift at 10am yesterday, hit the floor running and didn’t stop until 9pm, brain overload and took a long time to get to sleep but still wake up at silly o clock as per usual. Will have a quieter day today to recover.
I have just read through yesterday’s thread
Urmstongran enjoy your birthday and visit to Plockton, understand fully re taking a break, hope you don’t stay away too long
dragonfly happy birthday for yesterday
Alizarin good to hear your hip is behaving and you are getting out and about
brook hope you enjoyed Fitsteps and your body isn’t complaining too much today
baubles our dog lost his Mojo for a few weeks after his castration (probably the indignity of babygro and hormone rebalancing)
hollysteers I empathise with that “what to pack” for a week in UK, we have to prepare for all season weather
GrannySomerset good to hear you are getting somewhere, a good Community Matron will be a real bonus
Welcome MarjeM to this lovely thread
Grandmajean sorry to hear your DGS has been unwell with a trip to hospital, so worrying for you all, hope he is on the mend
And Marydoll of course, I am sorry you have been affected, again, by comments by others. You know how fond we all are of you and you will be missed if you decide to take a break.
Can you tell I made notes as I was reading! I usually have all the sentiments as I read and have then forgotten who said what by the time I get to the end ? but I really do care, that is my point
Today I have PT followed by gym. Home for breakfast and bedroom clean. Then a visit to mum and dad. Boys will be here this evening. DH will walk the dog soon and then has his walking for health this morning and an boutdoor meeting with the walk leaders this afternoon.
Wishing all a good Wednesday and hope those feeling troubled or unwell have a better day ☀️?

cornergran Wed 16-Jun-21 06:42:03

Morning Mick , morning All, a sunny start to our corner of Somerset.

Yesterday’s dental taxi trip turned into a three hour marathon courtesy of roadworks. Teeth were fine and we had a good natter with the grandchildren so worth it. We’re off over the bridge today to meet our friend for lunch by a lake. Long day ahead but again worth it.

Good to see you back Mick, hope those gremlins stay away. Welcome to MarjieM, you’ll soon feel comfortable here. Your group must be disappointed ashcombe, hope you are content with the final decision.

Take it easy in the heat everyone. Our missing friends are in my thoughts, hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

Sar53 Wed 16-Jun-21 06:43:47

Good morning from a bright and sunny Essex by the sea. Glad to see you back Mick.
I arrived home about 1.30 yesterday after a lovely few days with DD1 and family, it went by very quickly.
Lots of washing, ironing and cleaning to do today. DH does the bare minimum when I am not here ??. He is off to his boat this morning.
Enjoy the last day, for a while, of hot weather, thunderstorms are forecast for tomorrow. Xx

grandMattie Wed 16-Jun-21 06:51:10

Forgot! The poppies outside my front door. Enjoy!

NanKate Wed 16-Jun-21 06:59:31

Morning Mick good to have you back however your deputies have done a good job.

Really hot weather due in South Bucks.

Packing to go away to Southbourne/Bournemouth for 5 days tomorrow. We were drenched at our previous break last month, it looks as if we will need our macs again this time! ⛈ I definitely want a trip to the Oceanarium ????

DH literally almost takes the kitchen sink wherever we go. It takes him a whole day to pack. However whatever eventuality turns up he seems to have brought what we need.

Scentia Wed 16-Jun-21 07:03:11

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where the sun has got his hat on and it looks like a good day ahead.
I have DD,DGS,DGD and DSis visiting today so I must go to the shop and get ‘real’ milk as we only have oat milk. GF bread for DSis and biscuit for us all. A day in the garden in the sunshine I think as it is all coming to an end for a while!!
Take care my friends.

Susan56 Wed 16-Jun-21 07:06:29

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.

Welcome back Mick!

We had a lovely lunch at our favourite vegan restaurant yesterday.When we got home I fell asleep so a very restful day.

Today a friend is coming over this morning for coffee and to put the world to rights.

Sorry to hear the Toads production has to be postponed Ash,very disappointing for you all.

Take care on your travels corner.

Thinking of my good friends Cherry and Mary?

Have a good day all and thoughts to EV and all our missing friends.all unwell or with worries?

??

dragonfly46 Wed 16-Jun-21 07:09:53

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Pleased you are home safely Ashcombea pity about your production though.

The coffee bar in our Waitrose was closed last time I went Maw I hope yours is open. To be fair ours is very small.

Thank you to everyone for your birthday greetings yesterday, I had a lovely day during which I had a chat with DGC and a zoom with DD and SiL.

Lunch with friends at that famous hotel in Stamford today so I am very excited.

Hope you stay with us Marydoll and thinking of absent friends.

harrigran Wed 16-Jun-21 07:12:43

Good morning from a cloudy NE.
Comfortable temperature during the night probably because I forgot to close the study window.
I have a Sainsbury's delivery this morning, nothing exciting just restocking the cupboards.
DH has his chemotherapy session this afternoon and BIL is bringing me some more flowers in planters.
The weather has been mild but it has been too windy to sit in the garden.
Have a good day ?

dragonfly46 Wed 16-Jun-21 07:13:36

Welcome MarjieM.

Gelisajams Wed 16-Jun-21 07:14:37

Good morning from Norfolk where it promises to be a hot one! It’s breezy at the minute so maybe that will help it feel a bit better. Our planned boat trip was fully booked so its plan B for today. I’m not sure what plan B is though!
Happy belated birthday Dragonfly sorry I overlooked it yesterday. I only read the posts properly last night. Welcome MarjieM
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Jun-21 07:18:30

Good morning Mickand all from a cloudy (for now) S Hants, heat later, storms due overnight. I’ve had an upset stomach overnight, very unusual for me, so a lack of sleep, it was very humid too.
Welcome to MarjieM.
I had good news at the GP yesterday, my low sodium is just how I am, it’s been border line for 6/7 years, at least I’ve had a good MOT with the blood and urine screening.
I’ll try and post some pictures of the ‘new’ flowers in the planted area, didn’t work yesterday.
Hopefully some news from absentees today ?
Have a lovely day if you possibly can ??

brook2704 Wed 16-Jun-21 07:31:47

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry sunny start to the day. It’s much cooler here though than in the south so it’s nice to sit out in the sunshine or go walking. A cardigan or jumper is never far away though!
Such a shame about your production Ash it must be so disheartening for everyone after all the work put in. I hope you manage to at least open in September and maybe run for a bit longer
I’m so impressed with your DH doing his own packing NanKate well done to him. I always pack for us both otherwise I’d dread what he’d put in the suitcase as he’s no sense of what goes with what at all! Enjoy your trip away
Yesterday when I was in town I saw some flamingo picnic ware in TKMaxx that made me think of everyone on this thread and I just had to share with you all, it made me smile ?
Another busy day dwm I am truly amazed at how much you can pack into each day, you’re brilliant!
Lovely poppies GM and so nice to have them near your front door as a bright cheerful welcome.
I’m off to the hairdressers this morning and then pottering in the garden this afternoon
Hoping everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

amselerin Wed 16-Jun-21 07:35:27

Good morning Mick (nice to see you back) and all from hot Lueneburg. My dog spends all day in the cool bedroom. I enjoy the hot days (knowing they will end too soon). So, I just sit down and read and do other relaxing things. I may take the bus into town, Waldi may come because he likes the bus. In town I shall sit, have an ice cream and watch all the activities Just like being on holiday. Later I shall go into the garden - I love working there as well - only it`s a bit too large for me on my own now and I don't like to thing of the things which really should be done as well. Welcome to MarjieM and happy belated birthday to dragon,
Just to say I shall be miss Urms and I hope Marydoll will continue with her posts. They are so upbeat even when she describes things that have not been so good. Always looking forward to all of your posts.
Have a good day all.. Just to look at the garden - bursting with energy -, I mean, green, colourful , brings a happy feeling to me.

Marydoll Wed 16-Jun-21 07:39:45

Good morning all from a very wet Glasgow. Glad to see you back in your rightful place, Mick, you must be relieved, you are sorted at last. Thank goodness Maw had your email address and was able to keep in touch and offer support. You are indeed fortunate to find such a good friend.

I believe, it's a good idea to give someone you trust, your email address, just in case you do get locked out.
When I had my latest heart attack, I messaged a GN friend to let her know and she posted the news on here. It avoids worry and speculation.

Grandmajean, I was delighted to read that your wee grandson is now home. What a worry for you and your family. I'm sure you will spoil him rotten.

DH is golfing, but I don't know how long they will last, the golf course is very high up and pretty exposed. I envy all of you with sunshine, its a miserable day here. Anyone wish to swap?

I have an exciting day ahead, emptying the conservatory of clutter my favourite things, tomato and chilli plants, photographs, propagators, etc, etc. DH is planning to paint tomorrow and I know from past experience ( paint on everything, but the correct place) I can leave nothing to chance! ?

He is not really in the good books. As you already know, I'm not exactly brimming over with joy, at the moment.
We both picked up our new glasses yesterday, The difference in my vision is amazing , Then it went downhill.
DH had chosen one pair with reaction lenses and one pair of prescription sunglasses for golfing. He had asked for the sunglasses to be put in his old frame, as he still liked it. Well that was the plan!
Asking him to show me the glasses when we got home, I couldn't understand why both pairs had clear glass. ?
Somehow, he had managed to get two pairs of distance glasses, no sun glasses to be seen. ( pardon the pun) To cap it all, one pair looked like something out of an American cop show from the seventies, the wrong frame!!!!
Will he admit he got it glaringly and blindingly wrong, absolutely not! He is a man, he cannot possibly be wrong! ? I will have to have a quiet word with DIL the optician, to throw some light on the matter. Big sigh!

He continued in this vein, when the head of his electric toothbrush went missing. What had I done with it? I hadn't done anything with it, I knew exactly where it was. With my trusty magnifying glass,? a torch ? and my Sherlock Holmes hat on, I solved the mystery. It is lying in the u bend of the wash hand basin. ?‍♀️ Anyone know a good plumber? They are as rare as hen's teeth round here!
Serves him right for not replacing the plug he removed, to unblock the sink!!! ?

I was overwhelmed by the kind wishes I received yesterday. I hadn't been looking for sympathy, couldn't handle the injustice of what happened. and the unpleasantness which iensued. Time to draw a line. Like many of us, ongoing heaslth issues and the Pandemic have left, this once fierce and fiery redhead, who would haven taken on the devil himself, a fragile shadow of her fearless, and feisty former. self . You really are the loveliest of people. ?

So many on this forum have such a daily struggle, I hope you ifnd some respite from pain and sorrow today.
I look forward to seeing your photos and hearing about your plans with family and friends.
Carpe Diem

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 16-Jun-21 07:44:07

Good morning all from a bright Harrogate. Good to see you at the helm again Mick. As for being overweight, I think the lockdown has had that effect on quite a lot of us!
Your poppies are lovely GM
That’s such a disappointment Ashcombe this Pandemic has us all at sixes and sevens, very difficult to make any arrangements indeed.
Well this is our last ‘hot’ day for a while, typical when my sister arrives tomorrow- she is used to the heat. She will be coming to the frozen north!
More cleaning and tidying today. The house is like a midden.
Not sure if DD1 is coming today- if so she’ll take the dog back with her so we’ll be free to take my sister out and about without worrying about being back for wees and walks. It is her dog anyway.
Have a good day all, hope everyone is as well as they can be.

Marydoll Wed 16-Jun-21 07:45:37

I have to apologise for the spelling errors, ( ever the pedant), my keyboard seems to have developed a will of its own! How dare it!!!! ?

Grandmabatty Wed 16-Jun-21 07:46:36

Good morning all. Polmont is swathed in rain and it looks like it's on for a while. It'll save me watering the garden I suppose.
It's good to see Mick opening up again. Thank you to all who stepped up in his absence. Ashcombe a big disappointment for all involved in your dramatic group. Grandmattie I can't stand being too hot either. I put it down to a wonky thyroid. Your poppies are lovely. Brooke lucky you having sunny weather when just a couple of hours down the road it's pouring. Enjoy your hairdresser appointment. JaxJacky sorry to hear that you're under the weather.
Yesterday was a challenge as dgs requires distractions from typical toddler naughtiness so I was wiped out after I dropped him off.
Today I will visit mum then I'm off to Stirling to a catch up art class. It was postponed from last year. I'm really looking forward to it and seeing my art friends again. Then I'll nip to Ds for a coffee before I head home. So a pleasantly busy day ahead that doesn't involve toddler control! Have a good day all.

Alizarin Wed 16-Jun-21 07:47:32

Third attempt from a cloudy south Cornwall, keep losing the message, so just a quickie! Welcome back Mick and have the best day you can everyone.