Gransnet forums

Chat

Mouseman items

(32 Posts)
Aveline Fri 18-Jun-21 13:19:41

After my DD's feat of catching a mouse (despite having two cats in the house) I thought I'd buy her a small 'Mouseman' item.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be best? I'm prepared to spend a wee bit as she has a big birthday this year. Also which colour of wood looks nicest?

Nannagarra Sat 19-Jun-21 21:16:30

Stool

Aveline Sat 19-Jun-21 21:24:11

My aunt has a stool. It's just lovely. You chose well Nannagarra.
The lady I spoke to on the phone said that each mouse is a bit different and is it's carver's signature. She said she'd pick a nice one for me. They'll know who carved it but won't tell me who. It's company policy apparently.
My mind was elsewhere today and I was surprised they'd phoned back in answer to my email enquiry. Seems like a very nice company.

Nannagarra Sat 19-Jun-21 21:53:50

I really like the trinket box Aveline and I’m sure your DD will too. It’s such a delightful gift for a special birthday which will be treasured for many years to come.
anno - I certainly don’t live in a grand house but the pieces do fit in. I keep them out of direct sun to maintain their condition.
This particular aunt had lots of characterful items but the paintings, I suspect, were the tops of chocolate boxes put into frames. They were very evocative and I adored them. Yes, Aveline, I think I made the better choice.

Nannagarra Sat 19-Jun-21 21:57:37

I should have moved the wire!

Nannagarra Sat 19-Jun-21 21:58:55

Trying again!

Nannagarra Sat 19-Jun-21 22:00:23

Like buses - none and then three!