Gransnet forums

Chat

Aliens - do you believe

(32 Posts)
Newatthis Sun 20-Jun-21 10:10:17

There has been sightings of UFO's in the Philippines recently. Do you believe in extra-terrestrials or has any of you had experience of seeing them (or being abducted)?

Dryginger Thu 24-Jun-21 08:07:16

Oh and my DH thinks im an Alien because im ginger! confused

Dryginger Thu 24-Jun-21 08:04:21

Yes I believe. I think all goverments have got things they keep quiet about UFOs because they dont want to cause a panic, And as I have said in another thread I hope the Loch Ness Monster is real.?

BigBertha1 Thu 24-Jun-21 07:34:45

As others have said the universe is vast so its possible but I don't believe we have been visited by any.

Ali08 Thu 24-Jun-21 06:41:22

Alien is just another word for stranger!!
Do I believe in life on other planets, in other galaxies?
Hell yes!!!
Have we been visited by natives of those planets?
Very possibly!!
Now, how did we get here?
Are we 'aliens' from another planet, perhaps? Possibly brought here like the former prisoners that were sent to Australia - well, we had to get THAT idea from SOMEWHERE!!!
Yes, I do believe we have been visited, and are still being visited and watched!
I wonder what their houses are like?

Esspee Mon 21-Jun-21 13:31:33

MawBe

I have seen the channels at airports…… ???

That made me laugh out loud Maw.

JaneJudge Mon 21-Jun-21 11:39:13

yes I do blush and I am really not very wooo

Savvy Mon 21-Jun-21 11:29:56

I've been here for years, every time my doctor looks at my x-rays he thinks I've come from outer space, lol.

henetha Mon 21-Jun-21 11:11:03

And me!

Callistemon Mon 21-Jun-21 11:08:08

Yes.
People with Rh Neg blood are aliens.

That includes me ?

M0nica Mon 21-Jun-21 10:25:37

Littleannie it is nice to kow that even sme scientists are off their rockers.

Redhead56 Sun 20-Jun-21 22:40:24

I only believe what I see and I am sure Aliens would not believe what they see if they came here.

Blossoming Sun 20-Jun-21 19:43:10

No, but I keep an open mind.

Littleannie Sun 20-Jun-21 19:31:12

Some years ago I read a comment by a scientist, who said we should be keeping quiet and not sending signals into space. He argued that aliens may come here, find our rich resources , and kill us all to get them. Or farm us all like cows for food!

Scribbles Sun 20-Jun-21 19:17:49

Of course I believe. You've seen Boris Johnson, haven't you?

BlueBelle Sun 20-Jun-21 14:56:45

No I don’t believe in UFO s, ghosts or anything else I can’t see hear smell or touch There may well be life of some kind on other planets They may even be superior but I don’t think they are trying to get here and I certainly don’t believe they ve been here having a look round

Hithere Sun 20-Jun-21 14:54:08

Yes, of course!
We cannot be the only life in the universe

mumski Sun 20-Jun-21 14:49:36

Love the video *Greenlady*. I've not seen it before, Sting looks so young . Certainly lots of very strange 'people' when I lived in the US

greenlady102 Sun 20-Jun-21 11:03:48

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27gTrPPAyk

MawBe Sun 20-Jun-21 11:01:33

I have seen the channels at airports…… ???

M0nica Sun 20-Jun-21 11:00:49

There may be life on other planets, but why do we always assume that they will be more advanced, super intelligent and wiser than us? We could actually be the ones teaching them a lesson or so.

I always think there is something proto-religious about this belief in either all wise or all evil aliens of supermen knowledge. Stick to the Gods we already have, there is a big enough choice.

Aliens may have reached the earth but they will be as microbes and one celled objects that arrive on th surface of meteorites etc.

annodomini Sun 20-Jun-21 10:51:25

There is probably life on other plants in remote solar systems. It might be microbial, or it might be advanced. Given the size of our universe, it will be a long time before our species works out how to reach out over such distances and other species on other worlds may be thinking the same. I like the theory of a multiverse in which beings like us go about their business just as we do. Philip Pullman's fiction, Alice's Wonderland...

Alegrias1 Sun 20-Jun-21 10:34:49

How timely.

www.heraldscotland.com/news/19384159.ufos-became-worlds-original-conspiracy-theory/

This is behind a paywall, but in summary:

No UFOs.
There has always been a terrestrial explanation, but people want to believe otherwise.
People used to believe they'd been abducted to fairyland, now its aliens.

The universe is a big place and there may be life elsewhere. But they are too far away its its likely that we'll never know. Maybe we'll find proto-life on Venus or Mars, if we're lucky.

maddyone Sun 20-Jun-21 10:31:58

No, I don’t believe.

henetha Sun 20-Jun-21 10:29:37

In a way, yes. I think there are many things about which we do not know.

grannyactivist Sun 20-Jun-21 10:25:09

Are angels considered to be aliens? If so, then yes, I believe.