Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(81 Posts)
cornergran Tue 22-Jun-21 06:39:34

Morning Mick, Morning All. Lighter cloud over our corner of Somerset, sunshine promised later.

Pleasant enough day yesterday , a trip to a garden centre for a couple of border rose bushes, home via B&Q as it seems it was vital that Mr C had a piece of wood to sort a bookcase that’s needed sorting for maybe a year. It’s done now, good things come to she who waits smile. General catch up for me in the afternoon, finished my book and on to the next. Hoping to tidy the garden this morning, it’s all a bit bedraggled after the rain.

Look after yourselves everyone, hope you seen some sunshine and Tuesday is kind to us all.

grandMattie Tue 22-Jun-21 06:34:22

Good morning from a gloomy, wet E Kent.
Tai chi this morning, supermarket this afternoon. I know how to live!
I have nearly finished another pair of trousers for Iris, and have enough fabric to make a matching crop top, with a matching frill at the bottom.
I picked my first “Lady Marmalade” rose. It is lightly scented. DH insisted that I should buy it as a memory of my previous life as “Jam Lady”, when I made thousands of pots of marmalade to sell in the church.
I hope that today is kind to all GraMmingos. ????☀️?

Ashcombe Tue 22-Jun-21 06:32:58

Good morning, Mick and the GM gang from a dull but dry (finally!) Torbay!

Yesterday, it was great to resume my exercise class after a six month gap. We are in a new venue, no longer within walking distance but with plenty of parking and space to social distance.

During my walk in the park on Sunday, I experienced an unnerving incident with a territorial crow! Almost as soon as I entered the park, it began this horrible squawking noise and circled round as I proceeded to the end of the park. There I chatted to neighbours who told me it had actually divebombed their little dog before! This weird behaviour continued until I was half way home. I can only assume it has young nearby or dementia. Shades of Hitchcock!

I hope today brings more smiles than tears.. I think of you all whenever the advert for a programme about gardens appears on ITV, in which two flamingoes feature! ???

Scentia Tue 22-Jun-21 06:28:52

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it is sunny and promises to stay that way for a few days.
I went to my first walking group yesterday, it is very friendly but rather slow, still, the main aim is to meet some new people so it should be good. They are meeting on the trail near my house next week so I can take a brisk walk to the start!
Work for a few hours today then I will come home to do some cleaning. My house is showing up dust when the sun shines through the mucky windows.?
Day off tomorrow to spend with DD and DGC.
Have a good day my friends and hope you get some sunshine Mick

Beechnut Tue 22-Jun-21 06:21:46

Good Morning everyone. It’s dry with cloud here on Severnside.

I didn’t get very far with anything to do with my errand yesterday. A homework and swimming day today

Have a good day all hopefully without too many worries ?

Michael12 Tue 22-Jun-21 06:08:56

Good Morning Everyone,
Today ,as started with a grey and wet morning here in Brackley .
My plans after some housework , will be to get the bus to Bicester for my usual hour there ,have a coffee and a snack as well , hopefully bump into former work colleagues, then return home to relax in the afternoon.
The cemetery trip yesterday , with the weather just lately has seen me clearing weeds between the 2 family graves , with more work later .
Take Care,
Mick