Gransnet forums

Chat

Irrational dislikes on sight

(293 Posts)
nanna8 Thu 24-Jun-21 08:33:06

Are there any famous or well known people you just dislike for no rational reason ?
Nigel Farage is one for me
Simon Cowell another. Never met either of them and probably never will but even before I knew what they were known for,something made me dislike them.

crazyH Thu 24-Jun-21 17:04:51

Lenny Henry

Daisend1 Thu 24-Jun-21 17:16:54

Can't say I dislike Jeremy Vine just find him hmmirritating? I imagine he could be a bore were you stuck next to him at an event.

Casdon Thu 24-Jun-21 17:19:39

I’m not straying into political territory, as I think that’s much more about not sharing their values than irrational dislike, so it’s a bit of a cop out to name them (although I do agree about Nigel Farage, he reminds me of a chicken).

James Martin. I have no idea why, there really isn’t any reason but I have to switch him off, he grates on me, even though he has a beautiful spaniel which should predispose me to like him.
I also disliked Paul Daniels, again for no reason I could name.

Bixiboo Thu 24-Jun-21 23:36:23

Gary Lineker, think he is so smug. Can’t stand Naga Munchetty either, she comes across as very arrogant and Charlie Stayt is starting to become as bad as she is.

Savvy Fri 25-Jun-21 00:20:02

Kylie Minogue - irritating voice
Vanessa Feltz - just plain irritating
Steve Wright - keeps talking over the music
Jeremy Vine - the Hyacinth Bucket of broadcasting.

Spice101 Fri 25-Jun-21 00:48:38

Cannot explain this one as it is totally irrational and probably uncommon.

Princess Diana

BlueBelle Fri 25-Jun-21 00:57:42

Most celebrities ….too many to list probably find far more that irritate me than those I like
I understand that one Spice

3dognight Fri 25-Jun-21 00:58:42

Kate Humble, for some reason

nanna8 Fri 25-Jun-21 01:02:20

Me too, Spice, though I still felt sorry for her. There is one here called Tony Jones who used to host a program called Q and A and he got right on my tits as they say here. Someone else hosts it now and he is nearly as bad.

Savvy Fri 25-Jun-21 01:30:43

I'm not a Princess Di fan either spice101

Spice101 Fri 25-Jun-21 02:45:39

Nanna8 I'd take Tony Jones over the current host.

Lucca Fri 25-Jun-21 05:10:17

Message withdrawn as it quotes a deleted post.

BlueBelle Fri 25-Jun-21 05:52:29

That’s a very unfair comment about Joe Biden corisandra that was a horrible comment passed around by Trump to discredit him there was never any proof or anything more than rumour

honeyrose Fri 25-Jun-21 07:25:20

Vanessa Feltz. Can’t stand the woman - far too wordy, arrogant and very insincere. She never says one word when 10 words will do. And RUDE - cuts people off very abruptly when they’re speaking. I have to switch off when she’s on the radio.

Corisanda Fri 25-Jun-21 07:26:08

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Grandma70s Fri 25-Jun-21 07:37:34

A lot of use of the word ‘arrogant’. How can you tell if someone’s arrogant without talking to them?

Marydoll Fri 25-Jun-21 07:40:00

GrannyGravy13

Justin Fletcher aka Mr.Tumble there is just something about him I find really unsettling

Me too, GrannyGravy!

NanKate Fri 25-Jun-21 07:58:36

Russell Brand
The two presenters on Strictly.
Ruby Wax
Gary Lineker
Philip Schofield
Novak Djokovic
Daniel Medvedev
The list goes on ………

EkwaNimitee Fri 25-Jun-21 08:19:41

MiniMoon I live in Carlisle, I’ve lived in Cumbria for nearly 50 years and I have never come across anyone whose accent has made me wince. I like the Cumbrian accent. She seems to have an exaggerated version of the Carlisle accent which,combined with the timbre of her voice, gets me reaching for the off switch. If I were surrounded with people like her, I’d have gone long ago!

Talullah Fri 25-Jun-21 08:25:01

Lorraine Kelly. I probably liked her at one time but now she's turned off immediately. And Holly Willoughby bugs me as well.

Ellianne Fri 25-Jun-21 08:26:31

Grandma70s

A lot of use of the word ‘arrogant’. How can you tell if someone’s arrogant without talking to them?

That's where this thread is skew-whiffed.
Several of us assumed it meant an instant irrational rejection of someone on looks alone. To say you find someone sneery or arrogant etc means you need to have spent time listening to them actually speak.

Calendargirl Fri 25-Jun-21 08:29:09

My DH changes channels if Chris Packham comes on.

He thinks he is a smug, priggish little know-all.

Nannytopsy Fri 25-Jun-21 08:51:17

Pritti Patel

Sarnia Fri 25-Jun-21 09:03:48

Stacey Dooley, the entire Kardashian clan, Russell Brand, Amanda Holden, Laurence Fox, H & M (yes, them, not the clothing outlet), Kay Burley, Naga Munchetty, Vernon Kay and Tess Daly.

Naninka Fri 25-Jun-21 10:36:55

Mike Bushnell
Carol Kirkwood
Rochdale Holmes (pop quiz - talks like a 5 year old)
but
Sarah Corker (BBC political/foreign/something correspondent not only talks like a toddler but talks at me like I'm one too. I loathe her voice.