Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(65 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 29-Jun-21 06:06:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a cloudy start but the ground is dry at the moment here in Brackley .
Today , a busy one in away , housework followed by a haircut , then late morning get the bus to Bicester for usual hour, then return to relax with Tour De France on Tv and watch it slowly unfold as no twp. stages are the same , mainly seeing how the Brits perform.
Take Care ,
Mick

Anniebach Tue 29-Jun-21 08:37:27

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Tue 29-Jun-21 08:35:30

So sad to hear the news about Grandmajet. She will be much missed on this thread.

Feeling chilly here today in Northampton, and very cloudy. Hope it stays dry for our health walk this afternoon. Have put some washing in the machine, but may have to use the tumble dryer.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

GrannySomerset Tue 29-Jun-21 08:34:41

The sad news of Grandmajet puts other minor annoyances in perspective. Dishwasher man seems to have sorted the machine out but as he couldn’t find anything wrong we may not be in the clear. Visit to the hairdresser the highlight of the day - indeed the week - with ironing and tennis as well. Not interested in football but wish England well.

LauraNorder Tue 29-Jun-21 08:34:15

Such sad news about Grandmajet, I will miss her lovely upbeat and often funny posts. Rest in peace dear lady.

Lins1066 Tue 29-Jun-21 08:33:05

Good morning from a dry and bright S Welsh coast. The predicted thunderstorms did not materialise, we benefit from a micro climate here.

I'm very sad to hear about grandmajet and send my condolences to her family ?

I hope the day will be kind to us all.

Oldbutstilluseful Tue 29-Jun-21 08:29:53

So sorry to read the news about Grandmajet. She was a standout poster and will be much missed. Thank you Brook for passing on the news.

muse Tue 29-Jun-21 08:25:23

Agh!!! There’s my post. No idea how that happened. My finger went no where the POST button.

muse Tue 29-Jun-21 08:24:00

My long post had just disappeared. ??

Such news about jet. Thank you for letting me know brook

Will be back later to try again with my update news from mid Cornwall
???

muse Tue 29-Jun-21 08:20:54

Good morning to Mick and all from Mid Cornwall. Damp start with rain during the night.

Read the first few posts and what an idyllic start to the day you’re having.
I read more later today

Hive of activity here today. Woodman Rich has arrived to clear the track and assess which trees which will be coppiced. Phil and Josh, groundwork team back to continue drainage work. Sad news is the rains have brought down some of the trench sides. I can see it will take a full day to clear them before pipes can be laid ??.
DD, DGD and I + ? are off to Wadebridge today then a short coastal walk. Looks like it will be fine all day.

May the day bring many joys.
????

Alygran Tue 29-Jun-21 08:17:28

Good morning from North Yorkshire where it is sunny again.
So sorry to hear the news about grandmajet. My condolences to her family flowers

Gingster Tue 29-Jun-21 08:10:45

Good morning from a grey Essex.

RIP Grandmajet ?

DH Is going fishing today, so the world is my oyster.

Last evening I watched the Andy Murray game, . Great tennis from both players but oh my goodness he’s so frustrating. ?.

Ash I’ve sent a pic of our chimes. It’s difficult to describe them. Six of us sit round and have our own sheet music with our notes highlighted. You don’t need to be able to read music but need to concentrate and come in at the right time. You can imagine the hilarity at times. ?.

Here’s hoping poorly or worried folk find some respite ???

baubles Tue 29-Jun-21 08:06:05

Sorry to hear the sad news about Grandmajet. Condolences to her family. thanks

Gelisajams Tue 29-Jun-21 08:02:48

Good morning from a sunny Morecambe Bay. I’m saddened this morning to hear about Grandmajet Thank you Brook for letting us know.
Thank you for the too for the many compliments regarding my hare. I will get his whiskers and toes done one day. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

GrannyGravy13 Tue 29-Jun-21 07:56:38

Morning Mick and all

Grandmajet will be missed by us, condolences to her family ?

We have a busy day, childcare, Sainsbury’s and after school activities.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Grandmadinosaur Tue 29-Jun-21 07:44:05

Good morning and it’s a dull one here again.
Sad news about Grandmajet and sending live and prayers to her family.
Yesterday I caught up with jobs and calls then spent the afternoon watching tennis - crikey Andy had us on a rollercoaster! Later on in on the evening I saw some of the enthralling football match where Switzerland were the eventual winners.
Today is my usual Tuesday coffee morning with a couple of ladies who always raise my spirits. This afternoon will be Wimbledon and thankfully as DH is going to watch the football at DS house in his outdoor bar I don’t have to prepare a meal. They are having half time pizzas there. I will cobble something together for myself.
Thank you for your comments on DGS photo. Had a scare last night. I came up to bed phone in hand trying to get my steps up wandering around. I looked at the phone and it said do you want to delete photos I didn’t press anything or do I thought. When I get in bed I always have a look at a photo of DGS but there were no photos there. Thankfully if I went in to camera they were there. Phew! I think DH may be able to rectify that.
Wishing everyone a day that is kind to us.

NannyJan53 Tue 29-Jun-21 07:39:55

Good morning from a dull and cloudy Black Country.

Such sad news of Grandmajet I remember her posts, and she was so positive. Thank you brook for letting us know and passing on our collective condolences.

Make the most of today everyone

Marydoll Tue 29-Jun-21 07:35:37

Good morning all from a muggy Glasgow.
I'm so upset and saddened to hear the news of Grandmajet and any wittering on from me would be totally inappropriate today.

I won't be doing much today, I felt unwell during the night , I think I may have overdone things at the weekend.
Also, I have a hospital appointment this afternoon. Getting there will be problematic, as the main road out of our town is closed for a fortnight, I will need to work out an alternative route.

Thinking of all, who are struggling just now. Have a good day, everyone.

ginny Tue 29-Jun-21 07:35:24

Good morning.
So sorry to hear the sad news about about Grandmajet. Thank you Brook for letting us know.

Ashcombe. we are heading off today as far as Weston Super Mere. Doing the journey in two parts as we have the time. Tomorrow will will head to a site in Brixham where our friends live. Not far from you I believe.

Just a few bits to still go in the van but will wait until the work traffic has gone.

Thoughts with all who are struggling in any way and hope there will be a smile along the way.

Susan56 Tue 29-Jun-21 07:32:52

Good morning from Shropshire.

So sorry to hear the sad news about Grandmajet.I too always enjoyed her posts, she was always so positive.Thank you brook for sending our condolences.

Wishing all a good day.

harrigran Tue 29-Jun-21 07:31:00

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Hairdresser coming this morning, won't take long as my hair is very short.
Spent some time in the garden yesterday afternoon, DH managed a short time in the fresh air.
Sorry to hear the sad news about Grandmajet.

Kim19 Tue 29-Jun-21 07:30:44

Morning all. Thank you, Brook?. I'm in recovery after a whole evening of watching football. Such action that I couldn't tear myself away. Double whammy because I usually can't be bothered with it. Just shows what a lot of goals and skill can sometimes do. I'm still bemused by myself. Mind you, that's not unusual nowadays! Have a good day everyone.

Grandmabatty Tue 29-Jun-21 07:28:29

Good morning all. Polmont is cloudy and warm. I am sad to hear about*Grandmajet*. Condolences to her family on this very sad loss.

monk08 Tue 29-Jun-21 07:28:10

Good morning all from the Black country.
So sad to hear of the passing of Grandmajet and thank you Brook for sending our condolences.
Overcast here so it looks like the bedrooms will have a visit from the vacuum.
Enjoy your day and may you all find some ?.

Pittcity Tue 29-Jun-21 07:26:47

Good morning from a grey damp Colchester.

Sad news this morning. Condolences to Grandmajet's family.thanks

Volunteering at charity shop today and then home to cheer on England.

Big hugs to all x

kittylester Tue 29-Jun-21 07:26:28

Morning all - the rain in my bit of Leicestershire has eased now.

Very sad news about grandmajet, I always enjoyed her posts.

Today is our last zoomed Alzheimer's cafe - real life ones start next week and hopefully our Carer's information courses will start again soon.

Also, I will attempt to ring my brother. Each time I tried yesterday was unsuccessful although some attempts were quite entertaining. Twice the phone was answered by someone called Jim who was very confused and asked me how his wife was and when he could come and visit her.