Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry has written a tell it all book.

(240 Posts)
Bluebellwould Mon 19-Jul-21 19:43:59

Just seen Harry has written a tell it all book, well with a ghost writer anyway. What on earth is left to say? From what I understand it’s his life from his viewpoint along with lessons for us all. I’m beginning to feel sorry for the rest of the RF. where is it going to end.

FannyCornforth Mon 26-Jul-21 10:41:02

Nice one Blossoming! ?

Mollygo Mon 26-Jul-21 10:30:22

Blossoming ???

Blossoming Mon 26-Jul-21 10:27:17

FannyCornforth

Oh gosh! There’s a Team Fanny!
?
Which may prove a bit tricky, because not so long ago Alegrias and I formed a clique

I think you should call it The Fanny Pack

Witzend Mon 26-Jul-21 10:14:30

I suspect it’ll come out in time for Christmas - one of those hardbacks the publishers hope will be bought in their thousands as presents by people who can’t be bothered to think of anything else for Auntie So-and-So.

Grany Sun 25-Jul-21 19:13:58

FannyCornforth

Whatdayisit
Oh goody! Britain is going to finally get the elected head of state that it deserves!

Grany will be pleased! ?

Bring on the Billboards!

?

Billboards are coming tomorrow

Whatdayisit Sun 25-Jul-21 17:21:48

FannyCornforth

Whatdayisit
Oh goody! Britain is going to finally get the elected head of state that it deserves!

Grany will be pleased! ?

Bring on the Billboards!

Can we just put pictures of Paul Newman and Steve McQueen on the billboards now?

OurKid1 Sun 25-Jul-21 17:17:15

Enough already ... I am concerned though that, apparently (if we believe the media), he will wait to publish one of them till the Queen is dead. What kind of message does that send her? I just hope she is oblivious to all this, or manages to rise above it.

FannyCornforth Sun 25-Jul-21 17:02:15

Whatdayisit

Grany will be pleased! ?

Bring on the Billboards!

Callistemon Sun 25-Jul-21 16:49:08

There is a Plantagenet successor alive and living in Australia.
Unfortunately, due to various lockdowns he can't come over just yet!

Whatdayisit Sun 25-Jul-21 16:31:22

Yes i thought when they found Richard 3rd in the car park they should have put him on the throne but as they didn't i am now team Fanny and i wear a Tiara for breakfast every morning wondering if Meaghan was ever happy with the one she got to wear on her ceremony 3 days after her real one. Will that be revealed in the book.

FannyCornforth Sun 25-Jul-21 16:05:30

Oh gosh! There’s a Team Fanny!
?
Which may prove a bit tricky, because not so long ago Alegrias and I formed a clique

Callistemon Sun 25-Jul-21 15:53:37

I'm in the Plantagenet team.

They should be on the throne imo.

Lucca Sun 25-Jul-21 15:47:12

Oh come on, now we are in teams??????

GrannyLaine Sun 25-Jul-21 15:31:31

Alegrias
they think he he is less of a man because he takes notice of the needs of his wife and family and doesn't stick to the rigid rules of the Royal family.

And yet when she most needed help with her mental health in her first pregnancy, he admitted that he was too embarrassed /ashamed to seek that for her, despite his considerable wealth and connections??
I'm with team Fanny

Lucca Sun 25-Jul-21 15:23:33

FannyCornforth “ I know that you don’t agree with me Lucca and Alegrias, and I honestly do value your opinions and wisdom, but the man is an utter buffoon. A complete fool”

He may well be, I don’t dispute that opinion, but I do object to catty comments about every single thing Meghan does (including starring in a Netflix series, just an acting job after all - not a crime) and how wrong Meghan was to smile/grin/beam etc during her walk down the aisle in a magical setting with beautiful music.

Callistemon Sun 25-Jul-21 15:10:53

Would it be a good idea to start threads about the abolition of the monarchy on a news and politics forum, Grany, instead of posting on every thread about the Royal family?

Your posts may well be lost or ignored on these other threads which are generally under Chat.

Grany Sun 25-Jul-21 15:06:31

Chestnut

Grany is obsessed with getting rid of the monarchy and has hi-jacked this thread to promote her cause.....as if we hadn't had enough of it on the other thread! ?
This is not a political thread, it is about Harry's book.

I have mentioned Harry on this thread, spilling the beans. But no one has read the book yet so how can you comment on it?

I mentioned the Royals as there is lots hidden, that should come out into the open, we are not allowed to know, secretive above the law unaccountable, this could, should change when the book is written.

Will be interesting to read as it's written by a well respected writer. smile

Chestnut Sun 25-Jul-21 14:32:13

Grany is obsessed with getting rid of the monarchy and has hi-jacked this thread to promote her cause.....as if we hadn't had enough of it on the other thread! ?
This is not a political thread, it is about Harry's book.

Calendargirl Sun 25-Jul-21 14:18:54

I’ll keep a close eye out for them Grany. I seem to have been reading your posts about them for quite a while, and assumed, wrongly, that they were already in position.

Grany Sun 25-Jul-21 14:14:35

Calendargirl

Haven’t seen any billboards where I live Grany, I’m pleased to say.

You won't Calendargirl they don't go up till tomorrow ?

Calendargirl Sun 25-Jul-21 14:10:34

And it’s good that his popularity is 51% in the USA, as that is where he has chosen to make his life.

Calendargirl Sun 25-Jul-21 14:09:00

Haven’t seen any billboards where I live Grany, I’m pleased to say.

Whatdayisit Sun 25-Jul-21 14:07:14

In an answer to your post Grany at 12.02 - in the context of Harry he is only spilling the beans because he has been pushed out of the trough.

Blossoming Sun 25-Jul-21 12:54:30

I didn’t realise the meaning of ‘logic’ is ‘invoking the spirit of Adolf Hitler’. Gransnet is most educational.

(Sarcasm)

Blossoming Sun 25-Jul-21 12:51:18

Catherine Bennett has written a great piece in today’s Observer.

www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jul/25/not-yet-published-already-damned-why-are-people-running-scared-of-prince-harrys-memoir