Gransnet forums

Chat

GEMINIS AND OTHER STAR SIGNS

(102 Posts)
Bea65 Tue 27-Jul-21 10:15:39

Was interested to note that some of us Gems identify with their astrological star signs on here...I was a social butterfly both at work and out socially but have somewhat changed my preferences to being "alone" more ..is this age or current environment...people have said I'm not the same B! Feel I've lost a lot of self confidence and not sure how to proceed..thoughts{hmm}

Witzend Thu 21-Oct-21 09:55:12

Meant to add, we are all Aquarians.

A sister is an absolutely typical Virgo, has always been ultra neat and tidy. I wouldn’t mind swapping - just wish I’d been born that way!

Witzend Thu 21-Oct-21 09:07:28

There were only 4 of us as permanent staff in the small branch library where I used to work.

Two of us had birthdays on the same day, the third’s was the following day, and the fourth was just 10 days after that.
All the same star sign, no overlap with another.
Make of that what you will!
It’s always seemed extraordinary to me, though.

MayBee70 Wed 20-Oct-21 16:48:42

How many of us, in our younger days, have met someone who immediately told us what our star sign is? It certainly happened to me and it was surprisingly accurate.

seadragon Wed 20-Oct-21 16:44:33

I read somewhere years ago that Pisces was the oldest sign in the universe and that we are not indecisive...but can see everyone else's point of view.... I quite like that...

albertnakali Sat 21-Aug-21 12:55:55

I think it's important to understand that nothing is carved in stone, and people can act in the way their zodiac sign wouldn't, but I still think there are some similarities. Also, when I check astroyod.com/horoscopes/next-week, I try to engage in the activities that the horoscope tells me because it usually doesn't go wrong.

Sara1954 Sat 07-Aug-21 14:26:03

Lovebeigecardigans
I’m afraid so, I don’t actually think I’m argumentative, but my husband might disagree.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 07-Aug-21 13:19:06

Ha ! Sara1954 I've read back and obviously you're a Gemini!

Sara1954 Sat 07-Aug-21 13:12:16

Lovebeigecardigsns
Excuse me!
Who do you think you are calling argumentative?

Alegrias1 Sat 07-Aug-21 13:10:38

Still nobody told me how its meant to work though. Lumps of rock or gas giants light years away make you argumentative or give you nice hair.

What? confused

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 07-Aug-21 13:08:15

Yes Bea65 my dad was a Gemini and I'd say he was the most argumentative man in the world - you can't ague with that! grin

Skydancer Sat 07-Aug-21 12:54:09

I'm a Piscean and I'm EXACTLY as they are described. I can often tell if someone else is a Piscean as I invariably get along with them. It's incredible but 20 years ago I made friends with someone whose birthday is 3 days apart from mine and found we understand one another totally. I really do think there is something in it.

Bea65 Sat 07-Aug-21 12:49:23

lovebeigecardigans1955

There's nothing like astrology for starting a bun fight. You know what they say? Never start a fight with a Gemini!

grin are you saying Gemini people are argumentative!

Keffie12 Thu 05-Aug-21 18:56:46

Leo here: I'm most definitely the lion, though in my case the Lioness. My hair is my pride and joy. How I look too is very important.

Fiercely loyal and protective. Sociable though for me introverted too which surprises most.

Got the lions roar. When I'm on the prowl though watch out. Its when I go quiet to watch out.

To do astrology properly you must get a chart drawn up with date of birth, time of birth and place of birth. That gives the accuracy

henetha Mon 02-Aug-21 12:50:58

I'm supposed to be well balanced, as a Libra. But am definitely not.

LizzeG Mon 02-Aug-21 11:06:18

I've always been interested in Astrology and studying it quite young. I actually presented a talk for my GCSE's I'm a Taurus and hold all the traits I am usually good at working out someone's sign once I get to know them. I'm still looking for my perfect match a Virgo as a friend or companion.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Sat 31-Jul-21 14:12:57

There's nothing like astrology for starting a bun fight. You know what they say? Never start a fight with a Gemini!

lemsip Fri 30-Jul-21 20:24:15

I am Capricorn . That is spot on for me.

Sara1954 Fri 30-Jul-21 19:50:05

The only person I knowingly share a birthday with, is a ghastly woman, she really is a piece of work!
I wonder if people say the same about me?

Lewie Fri 30-Jul-21 19:39:44

I think I am typical of my birth sign which is Libra. My hairdresser was born on the same day as me and personality wise, we could be twins! ?

Cymres1 Fri 30-Jul-21 17:31:47

As a Libran I was accused of spending so much time and effort weighing things up I never made a decision ?.

Sara1954 Fri 30-Jul-21 14:02:13

My dearest and closest friends throughout my life have all been Capricorn’s.
They are even similar physically.
They are wonderful friends, kind, loyal, funny, and always there in a crisis

lizzypopbottle Fri 30-Jul-21 11:30:55

I started identifying with my star sign when the musical "Hair" heralded the dawning of the age of Aquarius! ? I was about eighteen and saw it on stage in spite of my Dad's disapproval. It helped that Aquarians were described as being so avant-garde, free spirited and individual. ?????

Unfortunately, now that there's a thirteenth star sign, I've been relegated to Capricorn so now I'm a goat! ?

My late husband and younger son were both born in June under Gemini but couldn't be more different in personality. My daughter, originally Capricorn, is very much more like her dad...

Ramblingrose22 Fri 30-Jul-21 09:20:19

I am a Leo on the cusp of Virgo.

Our personalities are greatly influenced by our "rising sign" which can be different to our Zodiac sign. That is why people born on the same day but at different times can have very different personalities.

I think there is something in astrology but I see it more as influencing what may happen rather than determining it.

We all have free will after all.

Lesley60 Fri 30-Jul-21 08:30:44

I can’t believe people like mystic Meg etc are paid to write this rubbish.

Rosycheeks Fri 30-Jul-21 07:56:22

My Mum and 2DS are all the same star signs but are not alike. Im Aquarius and they are suppose to have beautiful natures and thats me to a T. ???