Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(53 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 29-Jul-21 06:05:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a clear blue sky start here in brackley this morning.
I am expecting another delivery of gravel stone so I can finish of doing it at the cemetery.
Also plan to my usual bus trip to Bicester for that change of scenery with coffee and small shop.
Take Care,
Mick

brook2704 Thu 29-Jul-21 13:18:40

Have a lovely time with your son and family at the weekend madeline and please come back on here to tell us all about it!

Grandmajean Thu 29-Jul-21 12:30:17

Are you new*Madeleine 45* ? If so , welcome. You have had a lot to contend with and I send my best wishes for happier times. I will not be the only one to do so. The caring bunch on here are great if you need support.

madeleine45 Thu 29-Jul-21 12:01:06

Quite a different day today in north yorkshire. Have actually got a jumper and trousers on as it is grey, very windy and large clouds overhead. Keeps changing looking as though it is going to brighten up and getting a little warmer and then again cold wind blowing and glad of the jumper. Guaranteed only to do the opposite to what I think if I go out! Had cancer treatment on tuesday and as have a very bad back, which was not improved by hospital beds etc and rather struggling today. However have reluctantly been doing some wading through paperwork as have moved to a smaller flat from a semi and so despite thinking you have given change of address to everyone there are still loads of people to contact and make sure that nothing is going to old address. These days with these wretched scammers you just have to be so careful. It is wearying work and despite getting rid of loads and loads of paper the pile does not seem to get any lower. This is far more tiring than being out in the garden or going walking for an hour. Not up to opening any boxes or lugging things about yet, it will have to wait. I have moved 19 times as an adult and 6 as a child and lived abroad and done all sorts of moving from posh Pickfords international and a do it yourself move in london but can definitely say this has been the most stressful I have coped with. Moving as a widow would be hard enough but with covid was not able to have any help from friends or family, and so many extra problems and hassles. Have had problems getting internet etc sorted too so all in all been a bit touch! Oh well am going to meet son and family at Grassington on saturday as a roughly half way meeting place. Havent seen them for so long am looking forward to meeting them and seeing my grandson so this afternoon will start much more pleasurable effort of finding all the bits and pieces I have been collecting up for them. Hope the weather will be kind to us but who cares we shall meet together, and that is what matters. It has been good to read your messages and to join in . Thankyou.

EkwaNimitee Thu 29-Jul-21 11:47:35

Hello, Mick and all from a bright Carlisle where showers threaten. It rained heavily over Tuesday night thus sparing me from lawn watering. I went out with 2 new acquaintances yesterday. The Tullie House museum had a display of local women's costumes dating back to the 1770's. Amazing that they have been preserved over 200 years. I wonder what your Victorian costumes were, Ashcombe? The dresses from that period do not look comfortable with those big skirts and tiny waists, presumably worn with the whalebone corset we saw underneath them. They did look elegant though. We lunched afterwards in the Cathedral's newish eatery situated amongst the gardens now and not down in the crypt (?) as previously. It was well patronised and no wonder because they did a good job with the food. We wandered round looking at some of the little independent shops afterwards. I was pleased to see mask wearing hadn't been abandoned inside places.
This morning, I was off early to the local big DIY place in search of gardening bits and bobs but managed to acquire two more shrubs also. I now have to hack them in.
Gelisa, I photographed that same bus stop in 2012 when it had the Queen's Diamond Jubilee as its theme. Superbly done. We wondered how long it would last in that state anywhere else in the country.
Best wishes to MrHarri and Marydoll for a swift relief of pain and unwellness and a good day to everyone.

brook2704 Thu 29-Jul-21 10:50:09

Thank you for the lovely pictures gelisa a beautiful beach
Thanks also to Elizabeth for the recommendations, I’m going to pack my warm jumper and raincoat …
Hoping you feel better soon marydoll ?

B9exchange Thu 29-Jul-21 10:37:05

Good morning all, we have sun and patches of blue sky, just needs to warm up a little. Enjoy the dressing up and performing Ash, my mother used to talk of 'screaming like a fish wife!' I hope that isn't part of it! grin Does calendula oinment help with the stabbings Marydoll, hope you feel better soon. No excuse for someone seizing your crossword, unforgivable!

Still ploughing through the washing and ironing after the two breaks away, we both felt utterly wiped out yesterday, but better today. News this morning that France may be coming off the amber plus designation and joining the others next week. I do wish they would make up their minds! We have a holiday booked there for September, and still living in hope of being able to go.

Enjoy those scones everyone, and may a few random pink flamingos enter your day!

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 29-Jul-21 10:32:33

Good Morning all from bright Harrogate. As anticipated DH refused to confirm anything about tomorrow - I'll throttle him if I have to get up to drive him to the hospital for 7.30 am and find they are not expecting him!!

My prescription delivery which should have come yesterday, they will try to get to me today, I've run out of Alendronic acid which I should have had this morning, so will have to squash that in (assuming it comes today) before taking DH for his appointment.
Have just had my delivery from Sainsburies which was mostly passable.
Harrigran I hope your DH feels better soon, and you Marydoll also.
The bus-stop looks quite civilised Gelisa
Have the best day you can, folks

Blossoming Thu 29-Jul-21 09:51:11

Good morning all from a very damp and chilly Lancashire. Off to Wensleydale today for some fresh air and shopping in my favourite food market.

Stay safe everyone.

BlueSapphire Thu 29-Jul-21 09:42:46

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ?Northampton. Needless to say I didn't make my book club yesterday as we had the most horrendous thundery showers on and off all afternoon. Not seen rain like it since the monsoon downpours in Singapore. So I sent my book review by email.

Sainsbury's delivery this morning, then hang the washing out. Early evening health walk followed by a meal at the pub.

Hoping all have a pleasant day.

Mapleleaf Thu 29-Jul-21 09:40:35

Morning all,

It's a very breezy day today, and somewhat cooler, but it made for a much more comfortable night for sleeping. The rain is holding off so far, but I think we'll be in for sunshine and showers today by the look of the sky. Yesterday afternoon we had torrential rain showers and thunder, which I'm sure the grass was grateful for.

I'll have to look for Baptiste on iPlayer Dogsmakemesmile, as I missed it's start on tv, forgetting it was on, and enjoyed the previous series.

Enjoy your holiday, Greyduster. I hope the weather picks up again for you.

Hope you feel better today Marydoll after all that upset at the hospital yesterday. Take it easy.

Well, breakfast calls and then a few chores. Keep safe, everyone.

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 29-Jul-21 09:22:48

Good morning from a grey and cool Scottish Borders. Housework, baking and studying planned. Discovered Baptiste on BBC iplayer a few days ago so will start another series later. I try to have some routine to the day. Best wishes to all.

Gelisajams Thu 29-Jul-21 09:19:42

The ferry

Gelisajams Thu 29-Jul-21 09:19:10

Sorry having trouble with photos

Gelisajams Thu 29-Jul-21 09:18:08

Good morning from Shetland where it’s still cool with low cloud.
Yesterday we did manage to get the little ferry across to Unst, Shetland’s most northerly Island but heavy rain stopped us walking so I don’t have a picture of the Out Stack, the UK’s most northerly rock or of the most northerly lighthouse on Muckle Flugga to share. Instead I’ve attached photo’s of the most northerly bus stop and the ferry which took us there.
However, we did get a short walk in, despite the rain, along my favourite beach, Breckon Sands. Even yesterday with all the cloud and rain the sea was just so clear and beautiful. With a blue sky and a bit of warmth it could be the Caribbean!
Hopefully the rain today won’t to be too heavy, more walking awaits!
Take care and stay safe everyone. ?

Nannagarra Thu 29-Jul-21 09:14:37

* both muses
Excellent news about the baby Grandmabatty.

Nannagarra Thu 29-Jul-21 08:47:06

Good morning from the Sefton coast where the wind howls and rain is imminent. This is not the weather ‘booked’ for the weekly garden meet up with friends this afternoon.
Tai chi last night was wonderful. I did try it when in China in 2010 and now appreciate I should have taken it further when I returned home. Until 16 months ago I swam daily and have really missed it - that and all the nattering I did before I arrived in the pool!
Gosh, you all seem very busy. Whatever you have planned, enjoy. Frankly Nannatopsy the M6 gives me the collywobbles! Hugs and flowers are winging their way to Mrharri, muse and Marydoll.
The washing machine repair man cometh so I need to move myself.
Have the best day you can everyone.
???

Grandmajean Thu 29-Jul-21 08:28:57

Maw my cat has a doughnut bed. He loves it too ! Rosie is lovely. I am one of those people who talks to everybody's dogs ( even though we don't have one ) Sometimes DH is embarrassed and once told a couple that he was my carer !!

Anniebach Thu 29-Jul-21 08:12:36

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandmabatty Thu 29-Jul-21 08:02:53

Glad to hear from you Marydoll. I wondered how you were. I forgot to mention that dd had her 20 week scan yesterday and everything is fine. The baby is looking well.

MawBe Thu 29-Jul-21 08:02:21

Good morning all from sunny N Bucks - but it is fresh.
Rosie is snuggled up by my side as she does in the morning after I have gone down to make my morning cup of tea and let her out.
However I treated her to one of those big fluffy “doughnut” beds yesterday - I think she likes it!
Surprise invitation to lunch at the Owl in Epping Forest with D, SIL, GS, SIL’s father and his aunt who is visiting SIL’s mum in the care home. The throw arrived yesterday and SIL is taking it when he visits (so I could have saved the postage, ah well). I hesitated but then thought if I don’t say Yes people will stop asking won’t they?
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Grandmabatty Thu 29-Jul-21 08:00:55

Good morning all. Polmont is grey again but the torrential rain forecast yesterday didn't appear and it brightened up in the afternoon. So maybe the same today.
Grandmattie I agree. We never stop worrying about our children. Ashcombe enjoy your day. It sounds interesting. Alizarin I can imagine that living in a holiday resort can get very hectic. You enjoy your day too.
Yesterday I visited mum and bit my lip a lot. Then went to see a friend and her partner for coffee and homemade scones. Then I called into dd's where she had a tub of slow cooker gammon for me for my tea. Then a WhatsApp chat in the afternoon. I think I have offended one of my friends with a comment I made. She is quite touchy and the comment was misconstrued I fear. Oh dear. I've sent her a message but she hasn't replied so I think I'm in the bad books.
This morning I'm meeting another friend who I haven't seen for a while. She's suffering from anxiety at going out so this will be a big step for her. Coffee and scones are back on the menu today. After that, I will have to stir my stumps and get tidying up as my house is messier than I want. All my own doing! Have a good day all.

Beechnut Thu 29-Jul-21 08:00:50

Good Morning everyone from sunny Severnside.

I had a message yesterday from my sister in law to say direct flights were back between the airports we use so I sent her a screen shot of the restriction lifting.

I have three jobs that need doing. Painting the front of the garage, weeding and tidying a patio area and seeing if I can fix the internal overflow in the toilet. I think I’ll do the weeding.

Have a good day all ?

Marydoll Thu 29-Jul-21 07:59:53

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow.

I will be having an easy day. I'm feeling pretty rotten after yesterday's treatment, it usually doesn't affect me this badly.
My arms are like a pin cushion . ( Harri, my sympathies for MrHarri) It took at least five goes to get a cannula in, then it had to be removed after I started to experience excruciating pains, shooting up my arm. It wasn't in properly, so they had to start all over again.The ward sister said there was already a big red warning splodge on my record ( troublesome patient, due to previous allergic reactions and problems) and she now had added another one! ?

The staff kindly allowed MrMDoll to come in with me as my carer, (oh the irony of it all!), when they noticed I was struggling to walk. Mr MDoll (wimp) started to look rather pale and concentrated on doing the crossword, we were supposed to be sharing during my treatment, while the attempts were made to find a vein. By the time the infusion was flowing properly, he had finished the crossword. I was raging at him, ( nothing unusual there), as I had been looking forward to doing it. ?

Wishing you all a pleasant day. Hugs to all who need them. My DD is here working from home, because she has workmen in her flat. She won't give me hug, because SIL was at a stag do and she is afraid of the remote chance of passing something onto me. ?
She loves working here, because the catering is of restaurant standard and she can guarantee to be spoiled. Well, I can tell she will be disappointed today! ?

Lins1066 Thu 29-Jul-21 07:55:49

Good morning from a sunny S Welsh coast. Lots of domestic chores to be done today and Sam is going to the groomers for a mini makeover. The groomers are picking him up at 8.15. Have a pleasant day everyone. Thinking of our missing posters.

baubles Thu 29-Jul-21 07:53:49

Good morning Mick, morning all from cloudy South Lanarkshire.

I’ve woken feeling awful after horrible dreams, this always seems to happen when I go back to sleep after waking early.

I haven’t read the thread yet, I’ll catch up with your comings and goings later.
Childminding day for us, we’ve booked entry slots at the Botanic Gardens however the glasshouses have been closed for a while now which is a pity.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.