Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(91 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 05-Aug-21 06:09:42

Good Morning Everyone,
Its another dry start here in brackley this morning , as yet no rain as forecast .
I am tempted to change the heading subject title to include the date and the day what are thoughts ?
Odd exceptions such as bank holidays .
Today , my usual short bus trip out later after watching the track cycling form Olympics .
Take Care,
Mick

TopsyIrene06 Thu 05-Aug-21 20:46:00

Another lurker here and so pleased to see that Marydoll is back. A very kind lady indeed.

mrshat Thu 05-Aug-21 16:42:40

Good afternoon from the Herts/Bucks border. Sunny morning but raining now since 2pm. I'm an occasional poster on here but a daily reader!
I think the idea of adding the date to the title a good one Mick.
Marydoll good to see you posting again and sorry you have been so poorly. There are always 'begrudgers' , best ignore them and continue to be 'you'.
Good health and smiles to everyone. flowers

Marydoll Thu 05-Aug-21 15:50:51

Sally12, I have no intention of reporting anyone, nor discussing this matter any further, apart from saying that at no point, did I say anyone was rude to me on this thread. I have said what I needed to say .

MawBe Thu 05-Aug-21 15:46:51

Berylsgranny

Good Morning all, I don't normally post on this thread as I find it a bit 'cliche' tbh, however it's always nice to be nice to each other. I have had in the past on GN been called names, been insulted which caused me great stress and anxiety but it did teach me that those doing the nasty may be looking for some attention themselves but going about it in a strange way. We all have down days everyone of us, I've yet to meet someone who doesn't. Some like to 'hold the stage' some don't and we all have to bear that in mind. Some troubles are not brought about from what we read/post on GN but from other sources i.e. family situations which none of us know about. I'm sure Mary is big enough and bold enough to fight back in her own way whatever has been going on, personally it's not obvious but I don't spend hours on GN. Even though I don't post it would be nice to keep this thread on an even footing and respect the wishes of everyone.

I also think it would be nice to preserve the friendly, inclusive spirit if this thread which Mick started as a good natured snapshot round the country of us, the weather, our plans perhaps for the day and any special mentions.
Those wishing anything more “edgy” can find that sort of spat elsewhere, we should not need to “hold our own” on this (or actually, any)
I am glad you have joined us Berylsgranny and look forward to more of your posts - believe me, familiarity does not equate to cliquey, just that thing about “friends we have not yet met” flowers

Sally12 Thu 05-Aug-21 15:41:46

Marydoll

Good morning all, thank you to those who have missed me posting. I have been quite unwell this week, both physically and emotionally. I had a reaction to my hospital treatment last week and it seems to have triggered a flare up in all my conditions. Life has become full of mountains to climb on a daily basis!

I have agonised for days about whether to say anything or not, some may think my post inappropriate, but I have to get this out of my system.
I have been posting on this thread daily, ( apart from the odd spell in hospital), for six years and have always felt welcome here.
However, recently I have become aware of an undercurrent and being frozen out by certain posters on GN. Unfortunately, it has triggered the long hidden Black Dog deep in my psyche. It has been very subtle and clever, but it's definitely happening. I'm very astute and perceptive and am not imagining it, others have noticed too.

We all want to be liked, don't we? ( However, I do know I irritate some people with my novellas and ramblings, ?). I know that I sound like a silly old fool, but I cannot change my sensitive nature. Those feelings have made it difficult for me to post, as I am aware that what I post is being scrutinised and noted.

I have always tried to treat people on GN as I would like to be treated myself and not be unkind, ( forthright perhaps, but not unkind). and I hope I have done that and am not guilty of upsetting anyone.

Sorry to drag this lovely thread down, but hopefully this will stop speculation about why I haven't posted recently.

I am blessed with having made some lovely, genuine and caring friends on GN, who have always supported me. ( Especially in the last few days) So thank you to all of you lovely people! ?

I won't be stopping posting, but the days of feeling unwell are becoming more frequent, so if I don't post, it just means I'm feeling poorly or wallowing!
I'm not looking for sympathy from posters, ( I'm neither good at receiving sympathy nor compliments) , I just wanted to clear the air.

Have a good day everyone, whatever your plans. many on here have bigger mountains to climb than I have. ?

Surely you need to be reporting anyone you feel has been rude to you? I read the GM thread daily and have done for a long time. I have certainly never noticed anyone posting anything that could cause you offence.

BlueSapphire Thu 05-Aug-21 14:49:32

Have missed you too, Marydoll. So pleased to see a post from you today. flowerscupcakesmile

Gelisajams Thu 05-Aug-21 13:58:06

Just popped back on. Really glad to see Marydoll posting but saddened to hear you reacted so badly to treatment and are feeling so down. ?

gillgran Thu 05-Aug-21 12:55:52

Sorry, it's Good afternoon here in a warm & dry (so far) Cambs.,

I'm usually a bit late, & it takes me ages to read your posts, so I often don't post every day.

Pleased to see you back Marydoll, we missed you. I enjoy your posts. Take care. flowers,
(I must be dense, I hadn't noticed anything untoward.)

Warm wishes to you all, especially those with added problems.

Chewbacca Thu 05-Aug-21 12:54:26

Thanks for the pms; it's obvious now it's been pointed out to me! wink

Kalu Thu 05-Aug-21 12:37:43

You really don’t deserve such underhanded treatment Marydoll. I have found nothing but friendly, welcoming and caring for others in your posts.

Keyboard cowards are best ignored. ?

NanKate Thu 05-Aug-21 12:11:31

Brilliant we have Marydoll back. That has made my day. ?

dustyangel Thu 05-Aug-21 12:05:59

I love that Pittcity.

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Aug-21 11:58:59

Apologies, I realise I’ve misread a word on one of the posts as cliquey instead of cliche - two very different meanings, so please disregard my ramblings and I apologise to the poster. I must read more carefully - sorry.

Pittcity Thu 05-Aug-21 11:58:48

I see us lot as one ginormous posse who worry if one of our own is out of action.
Let's have a virtual group hug ?

Georgesgran Thu 05-Aug-21 11:56:49

Good morning (just) from Durham, where it’s bright.
Haven’t posted much recently but must add how pleased I am to see Marrydoll posting - love the novellas. I don’t read much that’s controversial on GN, so can’t really comment. I did post something when I first joined - probably badly worded - and was shot down in flames. Lesson learned.

I’m delighted to hear that harr and her OH are having a few better days. Long may they continue.

Very envious of our poster holidaying in Northumberland. Bamburgh Castle is magnificent, but the bleakness of Dunstanburgh is my favourite. Hope you can travel a few miles South to admire Newcastle’s Quayside and Grey Street and venture a little further South to see Durham’s (Norman Masterpiece) Cathedral.

X

Mapleleaf Thu 05-Aug-21 11:36:20

Well, I've caught up with the posts now.

That's a good idea about the date, Mick.

Sounds as if you had a very busy, full on day yesterday, Greyduster, no wonder you don't want to do too much today!

Lovely photos Ash - Castle Drogo looks very impressive.

I'm not sure how the GM thread appears cliquey, really. The only thing I can think of is that some posters have posted on here for a very long time, so get to recognise each other's name and perhaps might appear more chatty with each other than with other posters, and maybe use the pm facility a bit more, but I'm certain exclusion of posters is not done deliberately; rather, I suppose, the more frequently you post on a thread, the more you might be remembered. Some posters are referenced and recognised more than others, but that's just like real life, I think.

So glad to see you posting today Marydoll and hope you feel better today.

To all celebrating a birthday or other event, have a lovely time.

To those unwell, or with troubles, may today bring some respite. ?

recklessgran Thu 05-Aug-21 11:31:24

I'm another one who reads every day but doesn't post. I'm a bit shy but feel that I "know" everyone on here and it's a lovely, friendly supportive thread isn't it?
Marydoll I love your posts - I think we have a similar sense of humour - I feel so upset that anyone could have hurt you. Please keep posting when you can as you really do make a difference to a lot of us around here! I'm sending you a hug whether it's allowed or not!!

grannysyb Thu 05-Aug-21 11:23:33

As a good morning lurker, who doesn't post often, I'm sad to read about Marydolls difficulties, personally I love her novellas, please keep them coming and try to ignore the miserablists.

Callistemon Thu 05-Aug-21 11:19:18

I rarely post on the GM thread although I do read it sometimes and send best wishes to all those who are unwell or have difficulties to face, especially some who no longer post on here who may be reading this.

Marydoll I do hope you will feel better soon. Feeling unwell, especially from treatment which is supposed to help you, can be very dispiriting.
I hope you carry on posting.
Your Maths class last year was a joy and certainly got my brain thinking differently to the way I learnt at school!

?

Aldom Thu 05-Aug-21 11:02:45

Marydol Good to see you back. I've been on GM twice each day, just looking to see if you had posted. At the same time keeping you in my thoughts. Hoping for the best for you. Keep posting when you feel well enough. Kindest regards. smileflowers

Doodle Thu 05-Aug-21 10:54:10

Marydoll I don’t post much on the GM thread but am so pleased to hear from you again. I’m sorry you’ve been really poorly again. I think we all worry when you miss posting.
I love your stories and although I don’t post often here I do read through most days. Please read through all the posts of people that have missed you and know you are a much loved member of gransnet. Like another poster, I think I will remember your Maths class for a long time to come. I made some good friends there and the fun and humour were wonderful. Take care x

Berylsgranny Thu 05-Aug-21 10:53:14

Good Morning all, I don't normally post on this thread as I find it a bit 'cliche' tbh, however it's always nice to be nice to each other. I have had in the past on GN been called names, been insulted which caused me great stress and anxiety but it did teach me that those doing the nasty may be looking for some attention themselves but going about it in a strange way. We all have down days everyone of us, I've yet to meet someone who doesn't. Some like to 'hold the stage' some don't and we all have to bear that in mind. Some troubles are not brought about from what we read/post on GN but from other sources i.e. family situations which none of us know about. I'm sure Mary is big enough and bold enough to fight back in her own way whatever has been going on, personally it's not obvious but I don't spend hours on GN. Even though I don't post it would be nice to keep this thread on an even footing and respect the wishes of everyone.

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 05-Aug-21 10:51:44

Good morning . Dull but warm in the Scottish Borders. Laundry tackled and bathroom awaits a good clean (despite it only being 24 hours since last one). Woman's Hour on. Elevenses soon. Ddog very proud of dead mouse he found in garden. Thwarted gun dog. Sending best wishes to all. Keep posting everyone. This is a good place and I am sorry if people have not felt welcome. I find this community a great comfort and inspiration.

Marydoll Thu 05-Aug-21 10:49:18

Thank you all, especially, Chewy, my fan club, secretary! wink

I feel quite embarrassed posting now, but I woke up feeling very low and sorry for myself.
There are some lovely people on GN, as I have discovered this morning. ?

Chewbacca Thu 05-Aug-21 10:43:11

flowers for Marydoll