Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 26th August 2021

(92 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 26-Aug-21 06:05:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey cloud but dry here in brackley at the moment.
Today, will see my usual bus trip out to Bicester this morning but later on , will have a coffee, with a snack and then do a shop before returning home to watch the Vuelta unfold in Spain .
Take Care,
Mick

grannyfranny4 Thu 26-Aug-21 23:56:23

First and last time of posting on this thread ,I'm heart broken to think marydoll,granmafrench and even gillibob won't be posting on this thread again .you will never know how much you have helped me cope with covid,with an extremely vulnerable husband,helping my son with the loss of his wife due to cancer ,with 3 x young children 2 years ago and every morning the highlight of my day has been the good morning thread ,well I won't be bothering anymore to read it ,but I do get where your coming from ,it's such a darn shame .

NanKate Thu 26-Aug-21 21:58:05

Glad you have safely arrived to be with Olddudders Ash ?

brook2704 Thu 26-Aug-21 21:55:25

Thanks for letting us know Ash and sleep well after a long journey! ?

Blossoming Thu 26-Aug-21 21:48:01

So pleased to hear you’ve arrived safely Ashcombe

fatgran57 Thu 26-Aug-21 21:40:13

Good news Ash

Jaxjacky Thu 26-Aug-21 21:38:16

Pleased you’re safe Ashcombe party ?…maybe tomorrow! X

Ashcombe Thu 26-Aug-21 21:34:26

Just pausing for breath to post that I’ve arrived safely at DH’s and am so pleased to be here even though I can’t remember where things are in the kitchen!
Thank you for all the safe travel messages. I’ll write in detail in tomorrow’s GM thread. Goodnight, all! ?

Marydoll Thu 26-Aug-21 20:50:15

Thank all for your kindness and PMs. Obviously I don't want to elaborate on what has been happening in the background, and I need to move on in order to quickly restore the equilibrium on Mick's thread.

This has always been Mick's gentle thread, a safe place, from the more robust areas of GN.
I sincerely hope we can get back to that gentle start to the day, when we always started with, Good morning, Mick and all who follow or words to that effect.

I haven't said I was leaving GN, but I do need to take a step back from this thread for a few weeks at least, in the hope that things settle down.

There are some lovely people on GN, thank you all. I'm still away from home, but I will try and reply to everyone, when I get back. X

Millie22 Thu 26-Aug-21 20:14:38

Marydoll
I echo everyone else who is supporting you. If all this unpleasantness is related to your help and kindness to Phoenix please know that it's not worth thinking about. Stay strong ?

glammagran Thu 26-Aug-21 20:07:51

Marydoll please don’t leave - you almost lead this thread. I will miss you telling us all about your precious Dollie. Can GNHQ not id and delete the emails of nasty posters?

mrshat Thu 26-Aug-21 19:49:41

Marydoll - so sorry to hear you have had unpleasant PMs.
Please don't let it get you down, you are worth more than that. I love your posts and miss them. However, the final decision is yours but I do hope you will return when you are ready. With all good wishes, particularly concerning your health problems. flowers

Party4 Thu 26-Aug-21 19:34:44

Marydoll Please reconsider and return.Those who send nasty PM do not deserve to win.Everyone is entitled to an opinion but why be nasty with their reply.You have such a great outlook on life and lift the spirits of many. What little minds some people have in wanting to cause such upset.xx

hulahoop Thu 26-Aug-21 18:11:35

I have stopped posting recently various reasons marydoll don't let nasty people win,I didn't realise grandmafrench had stopped posting I found her very helpful and car ing ??to you both

Curlywhirly Thu 26-Aug-21 16:04:51

Sorry haven't read all the posts of today or previous days, so don't know what has been said to Grandmafrench to make her want to leave, but my sentiments above are directed to her too. Don't let the b*ggers grind you down.

dustyangel Thu 26-Aug-21 15:13:40

I completely agree with Curleywhirly’s post.
I haven’t noticed any nasty comments on this thread but then they weren’t directed at me and I think that if two intelligent, and interesting posters felt they were being got at, then they probably were.

I hope that both of you don’t make the break permanent. ??

Curlywhirly Thu 26-Aug-21 13:45:56

Blimey, what is WRONG with people? Why on earth would anyone want to send our lovely Marydoll unkind messages? Just what do they hope to achieve? Speaks volumes about the person sending the message; how sad that they feel the need to put their uncharitable thoughts in print. Marydoll you are one of the most popular, kind and uncontroversial GN members. Please don't let someone's unkind comments stop you from posting - there are many, many Members who hold you in very high regard. Please reconsider your decision to leave - stuff the unkind comment and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

BlueSapphire Thu 26-Aug-21 13:44:46

Oh dear, so sorry to read of all the unkind things that have been going on. People wouldn't dare say such things to your face, but feel anonymous and safe to write them.

Marydoll, your novellas are looked forward to every day, not only by me, I am sure. Please rethink your decision to leave. I will really miss you and your reports from the Scottish front.

EkwaNimitee Thu 26-Aug-21 12:36:09

Just a quick late post to say how sorry I am that you feel you must leave, Marydoll and so sorry that it’s because someone has been nasty to you. This thread will definitely be diminished by the loss of your posts.

Megs36 Thu 26-Aug-21 12:00:56

Good morning all, don’t know what’s been going on Marydoll I have missed your last post . ButI don’t always read the posts properly anyway. As you will know I too have been ‘told off’ in the past but you know ‘sticks and stones’ etc. So rise above whatever the problem is . ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

Kalu Thu 26-Aug-21 11:48:39

Come on Marydoll. You will be missed by so many who want you to stay with us.

MawBe Thu 26-Aug-21 11:46:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Identifiable.

dragonfly46 Thu 26-Aug-21 11:27:09

Rise above it Marydoll - they are not worth your time or energy. I was not aware you were receiving such PM's. As Kalu says - stay with us and continue to provide us with our daily chuckle!!

Greendress Thu 26-Aug-21 11:20:50

Marydoll Please don't leave, we'll all miss you too much. Don't let the silly b.......'s win.flowersflowersxx

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 26-Aug-21 11:19:14

Good Morning all from bright Harrogate
Marydoll I am flummoxed! If you told us the cuprit then he or she would find themselves with Jeely Nose for upsetting you!!
I'll miss you with your stories, but hope your health improves.
Just had a new blind fitted - only waited since May!! The room looks lighter already. We have Sainsburies delivery and I've made an appointment for a Covid test - fingers crossed, folks that it's negative.
Have the best day you can folks!

Callistemon Thu 26-Aug-21 11:15:14

Good morning Mick and everyone, I hope everyone has as good a day as possible whatever you're doing.

I rarely post as I think most people have posted and left the thread before I get round to wishing everyone good morning.
However, I do read the thread and am dismayed that Marydoll, a very interesting and popular poster, feels the need to leave. I missed her earlier post but if unkind pms have been sent, especially criticising someone for feeling extreme sadness at the death of an online friend, that is truly unpleasant.

I am neither oversensitive, nor overwrought over a poster's death, as I have been informed.
That is uncalled for; many of us were very upset at the death of an extremely popular poster who will be much missed.

So much going on in the world, there is no need for unkindness.

I hope you don't leave GN Marydoll.
flowers