Gransnet forums

Chat

M&S Christmas Light-up Gin! ???

(100 Posts)
FannyCornforth Fri 10-Sep-21 07:12:44

Hurray! ?
It’s in stock at Ocado, and it’s also in my basket! (Both Clementine and Sugared Plum; sadly Madagascan Vanilla was - already, how? - out of stock ?)
I must admit, the bottles aren’t anywhere near as nice as last year’s

Speaking of last year, M&S used it in every inch of their advertising; and I never saw hide nor hair of it in reality.

Sweetpeasue Sun 26-Dec-21 13:41:24

Pittcity

I got a Clementine one as a Christmas present. Disappointed that it only stays lit for 45 seconds as it would make a lovely decoration.

I thought thatPittcity
It would have been lovely lit up for longer.
I was 'offered' the pretty golden bottle holder to present it in and said oh lovely, thankyou. Then declined.
An extra £2!
On top of £20!
That's Christmas Spirit for you. ?

Galaxy62 Sun 26-Dec-21 13:40:15

Missed out on one this year well jel

Pittcity Sun 26-Dec-21 13:25:31

I got a Clementine one as a Christmas present. Disappointed that it only stays lit for 45 seconds as it would make a lovely decoration.

Josianne Sat 18-Dec-21 08:16:00

Hurry upKalu they've reduced it from £24 down to £12. Grrrr! I got it from Fenwicks, beautifully delivered. There are some really unusual flavours you don't find in the supermarket.

Kalu Sat 18-Dec-21 01:55:41

Bonne Maman is our favoured jam Josianne. Black Cherry/Apricot and Waitrose ready to bake croissants. Sublime!
I have never found the small jar selection here. Must do an online search.

I bought DH a chocolate filled advent calendar and he has scoffed the lot already. Greedy Guts!

Chewbacca Fri 17-Dec-21 23:53:20

I've bought both the Clementine and the Blackberry light up gins from Aldi; £13 each. They're lovely! And £7 cheaper than M&S!

crazyH the gold flakes are completely edible and therefore quite safe to drink.

crazyH Fri 17-Dec-21 23:34:58

I have bought 2 of those light-up gin bottles, Xmas present for each of my 2 sons. £20 each - the only worry I have is that there little gold leaf flakes, floating around. So, on the gift tag, I have written a warning ?

ElaineI Fri 17-Dec-21 23:27:11

I find the competition between M&S and Aldi quite amusing. I feel Aldi has the upper hand especially on Social Media because the captions make M&S seem very poker faced. I shop at both and enjoy both their products but sometimes I would not pay the price for M&S goods. Been to Aldi more lately as cost of living has gone up (for us for food) about £20 per week and that's at Tesco not M&S. The caterpillar cake - would spend less as children destroy cakes anyway (have to say I always made our DC cakes - maybe not brilliantly but ....). The gin - can you refill it and replace battery? By the time I get my gin I only care about the strength definitely not what the bottle looks like - stronger the better ?

Pittcity Fri 17-Dec-21 20:41:54

There's now a legal battle as M&S have accused Aldi of copying the light up gin bottles!

Josianne Fri 17-Dec-21 17:08:05

These daily Bonne Maman jars are going down a treat here! But don't ask how many croissants have been consumed!

FannyCornforth Sat 30-Oct-21 13:35:24

Ooh, thank you GG…?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 30-Oct-21 13:31:29

FannyCornforth if you have deep pockets Jo Malone and Jo Loves both have extremely good Fragrance Advent Calendars.

(Jo Malone sold her name/company to Estée Lauder several years ago, and now trades under Jo Loves)

FannyCornforth Sat 30-Oct-21 09:39:52

Zoe I’m still looking for my ideal calendar. I’ve never actually had a beauty one, or indeed any special advent calendar.
I’m not all that keen in a beauty one, I think that there would be a lot of wasted products. But I am still looking.
I think that I’d quite like a fragrance one…

GG you ask a jolly good question there!
I have absolutely no idea!
I buy loads of clothes and stuff from M&S.
I think that I’m probably a bit thick, and also pathetically dependent upon Ocado!

GrannyGravy13 Sat 30-Oct-21 08:08:45

Zoejory I ordered mine the other day, it was a shame they didn’t have one last year.

FannyCornforth why don’t you order direct from M&S online?

Zoejory Sat 30-Oct-21 08:01:28

I have just spent my £70 in order to get my £300 Advent Calendar. By placing the £70 order the calendar drops to £40. Or £30. Can't remember now. Anyway, I missed out last year so here's hoping I'll be successful. I've been informed my order has gone through but there's still a chance something will go wrong!

FannyCornforth Sat 30-Oct-21 07:25:22

What splendid syntax confused

FannyCornforth Sat 30-Oct-21 07:24:48

I am intrigued by the deleted comment. I wonder what it was? ?
M&S also sell little light up metal houses, containing tea bags and shortbread.
Light up chocolates still not available at Ocado; but then they seem to be struggling with potatoes, so I’m not surprised.
I might post some pictures later of the houses later…

treeman26 Fri 29-Oct-21 22:15:17

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Oct-21 03:30:47

I’ve just had a proper look at those chocolates. They’re adorable! It’s a little village and the houses are made of chocolate. So sweet

Fridayschild Thu 14-Oct-21 17:36:57

Alegrias1

Not gin, but I spotted lighty-up chocolates in M&S this morning...

Ooh, I didn’t see those. I’ll be back there in a couple of days and will check them out! Thanks for that. ?

FannyCornforth Thu 14-Oct-21 16:50:24

Hello!
Yes, sorry, I apologise. I’ve got my gin, and it does indeed light up.
Thank you all smile
(Light up chocolates, you say Al?
I’m just waiting for illuminated cheese…)

Hellogirl1 Thu 14-Oct-21 16:49:25

Aw, we don`t have M&S anymore, they closed nearly 2 years ago.

Alegrias1 Thu 14-Oct-21 16:20:53

Not gin, but I spotted lighty-up chocolates in M&S this morning...

Fridayschild Thu 14-Oct-21 16:15:42

This years’ gin bottles most certainly DO light up. There is a button on the base to press which some people may not have noticed but I checked them out today! There is also a Rum liqueur which looks interesting ? and which also lights up.

Urmstongran Sun 10-Oct-21 19:11:02

Last year I bought 4 beauty advents for AC & their men partners (different products such as beard stuff etc) from Liberty’s of London. The 4 cost me over £800 which last year I didn’t mind as (a) as a WASPI woman I’d just gotten my state pension in the summer and (b) the 4 recipients hadn’t had any holiday due to covid.

I’ve just had an alert email. This season’s are on sale. But at just over £1,000 for the 4 adults I thought no. Last year was I think a one-off. For the bestest of reasons but this year it’s too rich for my blood (and bank balance).