Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 17th September 2021

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 17-Sep-21 06:10:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning , plans for the day after a local shop is to stay in .
I did get my Eurosport channels back when it was reloaded .
Anyway the new deal I am on will be interesting with BT as to how much will I save a month ,and keep below there estimated amount.
Take Care,
Mick

LauraNorder Fri 17-Sep-21 16:43:58

Sorry for wrong spelling EkwaNimitee but message sincere.

brook2704 Fri 17-Sep-21 16:39:11

So difficult and a big shock for your brother EkwaNimitee my heart goes out to him ?

LauraNorder Fri 17-Sep-21 16:29:38

Just popped back, rather late in the day to say how sad for your poor brother Ekwanimity, what an awful shock for him.

JenniferEccles Fri 17-Sep-21 14:00:45

There do seem to be rather a lot of misunderstandings on this thread recently, with all sorts of accusations of unfriendly behaviour.

Although I rarely post I do read most mornings, and unless I have missed something obvious, I have only seen comments from kind sounding, supportive posters who seem genuinely concerned about each other.

Very strange.

Alizarin Fri 17-Sep-21 13:44:51

Me too.

Lizzie72 Fri 17-Sep-21 13:37:23

farview

I have read...and re-read fatgrans post and it contained nothing that was meant to upset anyone!!..

I agree

farview Fri 17-Sep-21 13:32:27

I have read...and re-read fatgrans post and it contained nothing that was meant to upset anyone!!..

Jaxjacky Fri 17-Sep-21 12:32:19

Just scraped in, sort of… Good morning all from a cloudy S Hants, we’ve just arrive home from Weston super Mare after a really lovely few days, I’ve not read your posts properly.
Catch up later.
Thoughts with gMattie x

fatgran57 Fri 17-Sep-21 12:26:31

I am horrified that someone would think that I was having a dig at any missing posters. Why on earth would you think that?

Grandmadinosaur Fri 17-Sep-21 11:53:51

I hope a line can be drawn under the assumption of any comments re Grandmattie.

It is the last thing she needs or would want.

Lizzie72 Fri 17-Sep-21 11:44:32

Urmstongran

Oh I do hope your comment isn’t taken as a dig at any of our missing posters fatgran. Obviously all of us on here wish to support grandMattie as best we can, but that doesn’t mean those not contributing at present don’t care equally. They’re just not here at present to say so.

That seemed a very unnecessary comment? There was no suggestion of a “dig” in the post. It amazes me on this site that people cannot manage to be civil to each other - on any thread, however innocuous, for more than 5 mins.

Dogsmakemesmile Fri 17-Sep-21 11:40:52

Gwenisgreat1 is the Sandbach cafe/gift shop still there? Would love to be in Llandudno again. The Oriel gallery worth a visit too I remember. And Chester another childhood memory

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 17-Sep-21 11:04:57

Good Morning all from sunny Llandudno. Sadly our last day here for this year, have so much loved it. Hoping to do a walk to the pier today - would loved to have come to Angelsey, LauranOrder and we could have met up, but there has been so much to do without straying too far. The wether has been so kind to us as well. Yesterday we took the train to Chester - I had forgotten how far the station is from the shops, by the time we got to the shops it was time to get back to the station to get back again.
Big hugs to all in need
Have a great day, folks.

EkwaNimitee Fri 17-Sep-21 10:58:15

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. Some good pet photos this morning to admire.
My brother has rung me, very upset, to tell me his best friend has unexpectedly died. He went over for lunch yesterday and, distressingly for him, found her dead on the settee in front of the tv. She had a life limiting heart condition but we all expected she would go on for a few years yet. He's quite an introverted guy and she got him out and about so I think he's going to be feeling rather lost. She was a kind generous fun woman and I'm sorry she lived at the other end of the country so we couldn't meet up very often.

Dogsmakemesmile Fri 17-Sep-21 10:31:42

Good morning everyone. Thank you for posting GrandMattie despite your deep loss. Scentia I hope you are recovering from yesterday. Grey but dry here and I am focussing on the dry. In the last few months I have realise how vital it is to seize the smallest of positives and squeeze out as much joy as possible. My DDs still in isolation but will soon be out. I have found it hard to not rush round and "do something" for DD1. I have enjoyed rustling up meals on a tray for DD2 which DH puts outside her door. So far have done a wash, cleaned bathroom, made a curry for tea and some flapjacks for whenever. Ddog given oatcake as substitute. Physio calls. My best wishes to everyone.

MayBeMaw Fri 17-Sep-21 10:26:03

Absolutely Lauranorder - of course “privately” does not necessarily mean by PM.

Auntieflo Fri 17-Sep-21 10:24:27

Good morning Mick, Annie, Marydoll and all.
It is a beautiful sunny day here, and yesterday was warm and lovely as well.
I have managed a couple of quick potters in the garden , and ached afterwards, but it was worth it.
Yesterday I had a telephone call from my GP and he asked if I could be at the surgery for 10.00 am. I told him that I'd better get a wiggle on, which seemed to amuse him. Anyway, while I was there I mentioned the Flu Jabs, and having to book. He shot out of his seat, came back with one of the phials and gave me the jab there and then. Service with a smile. They are such a lovely lot at our surgery.
Today a friend is coming for lunch, and I have made Butter Bean and Pesto Soup, one of my favourites.
My knitting for a friend is coming on well, and at the moment, all is well with my world.
Sending love and hugs to GrandMattie, and all who need a bit of TLC.
Have a good day one and all.

LauraNorder Fri 17-Sep-21 10:22:23

I’m sure fatgran only meant that it was nice generally that all the gransnetters are here for grandMattie whether posting or not. I agree with her.
Many of us haven’t sent personal messages because grandMattie asked us to respect her privacy. Although I’m sure everyone has meant well either way.

LauraNorder Fri 17-Sep-21 10:16:15

Good morning Mick and all from windy but dry Anglesey.
Good luck Dragonfly with the Nordic walking. Is that the one with long poles?
What a horrid experience for you Scentia, glad that all’s well that ends well.
Hope your daughter-in-law is ok Grandmadinosaur.
Have to agree with the rest grandMattie your courage is indeed inspirational. It must have been a great source of comfort having your daughter to yourself albeit for just a few days.
Love the watering cans fatgran, I had similar when I lived in France and painted flowers all over them all. Looked colourful all year that way.
Great pic of the nosy pedestrian Alizarin.
Wishing all gransnetters, whether posting or not, the best day you can manage ?

MayBeMaw Fri 17-Sep-21 09:58:32

Urmstongran

Oh I do hope your comment isn’t taken as a dig at any of our missing posters fatgran. Obviously all of us on here wish to support grandMattie as best we can, but that doesn’t mean those not contributing at present don’t care equally. They’re just not here at present to say so.

And indeed they may be in touch with Grandmattie and have expressed their condolences privately Urmstongran ?

Urmstongran Fri 17-Sep-21 09:54:26

I love the watering cans too! Such a quirky garden idea.
?

Alizarin Fri 17-Sep-21 09:52:40

Love the watering cans fatgran.

Urmstongran Fri 17-Sep-21 09:52:33

fatgran57 Fri 17-Sep-21 09:43:57

Good evening from Tasmania. Love to you grandMattie I am so glad so many of us are here for you.

Just a few photos of my garden.

Thinking of all with sadness or health problems

hollysteers Fri 17-Sep-21 09:24:40

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny Suet on Sea Lancashire coast. Off soon to art group. Don’t feel like it at all, but usually get into it when started (like most things)
Nice coffee with friend yesterday who is suffering from a bad shoulder and cannot play the piano, she teaches etc. With my back and her shoulder we compared our ailments.
My son, staying, added tasty bits to my roast chicken and serves me an enormous portion, far more than I would usually eat, but I managed it.
Wonderful programme recorded from sky arts last night about Thomas Hardy and beautiful photography of the Dorset countryside. Don’t know what I am doing at the seaside, those are the surroundings I would really like.
Enjoy your telly Mick and thoughts to grandmattie harrigran and anyone with worries.