Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 17th September 2021

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 17-Sep-21 06:10:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning , plans for the day after a local shop is to stay in .
I did get my Eurosport channels back when it was reloaded .
Anyway the new deal I am on will be interesting with BT as to how much will I save a month ,and keep below there estimated amount.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Fri 17-Sep-21 06:23:37

Good morning. Another grey day.
Lots on, including DD leaving this morning after a couple of unexpected nights here. It was lovely to see her, unencumbered by family, as much as we love them all.
Lots of stuff to deal with.
Love and support to all who need it, love and blessings to all with celebrations. ❤️
Keep the upper lip well starched, make the most of small pleasures and count your blessings. ????????☀️❤️

Ashcombe Fri 17-Sep-21 06:29:18

Good morning, all, from a clear, bright Sarthe.

Yesterday, DH visited the pharmacy and we shopped for food but he was very tired before I loaded the car. He is frustrated by his lack of energy but pain does sap energy levels so the afternoon nap routine continues to be necessary.

The photos were taken around the garden. The cats are both 16 so also tend to sleep for most of the day!

Wishing you all peace and relief from pain of any kind. ???

Ashcombe Fri 17-Sep-21 06:32:19

Good to see you, grandMattie and your courage when facing adversity is inspiring. Every blessing to you and your family. ?✝️?

grandMattie Fri 17-Sep-21 06:34:08

Thank you Ash.
Lovely sedums. I love seeing butterflies on them…

Sar53 Fri 17-Sep-21 06:41:40

Good morning from Essex by the sea. Its bright and the sun is rising.
Food shopping this morning and a visit to the boat to see the progress DH has made.
He came back early yesterday feeling very unwell and slept for most of the afternoon.
I've made the decision to go to DD1'S by train next Tuesday. A lot of the car journey is on the M25 and the eco protesters have said they will hold up the traffic again. We can't be sitting in traffic for hours on end so best I make the decision now and buy my ticket in advance.
Anyway enough of my problems.
Kind thoughts to GM and anyone else having a tough time.
Enjoy Friday and hopefully the sun will shine wherever you are xxx

Scentia Fri 17-Sep-21 06:43:57

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it may be sunny today☀️
Well what a traumatic day yesterday, I arrived at DD for Nanna duties and thought DGD didn’t look well at all, she has never got rid of her cough snd cold since having Covid 5 weeks ago. DD said I could css as ll the doctors if I thought she needed it snd went off to work. Jump forward 2 hours we are in Resus at the A &E with DGD struggling to breathe. DD was on her way so I had poorly baby and toddler in A & E when I am a hopeless mess in these situations! DGS has never behaved so well for me, I swear Evan at 2 he knew Nanna was a mess. Turned out she has bronchiolitis and needed a feeding tube to re hydrate her. They are home now and she fed well in the night, she will get better as she has mummy’s breast for the next 7 days and will feed better than with a bottle. What a day❤️
Off on holiday tomorrow snd DD is staying over at ours tonight as the men are going down today to “turn all the stuff in in the van”. Also known as spend all night in the pub?
Take care everyone and stay safe.
Grandmattie ?

Alizarin Fri 17-Sep-21 06:45:29

Good morning from a rainy south Cornwall. Lovely photos Ash. There's an influx of new university students here and it's cheery to see them exploring, with their obvious enjoyment of the area and also, because some are doing art degrees, their quirky clothes. The vast Uni library is open to the public so I will be heading over there. My son is staying with me over the weekend while his flat is let on Air B&B so that will be fun. My friend had a visitor while we were in her car, pic attached. The best of days to you all.

cornergran Fri 17-Sep-21 06:56:12

Morning Mick, morning All. A bright start to our corner if Somerset.

Lunch in a small, independent garden centre yesterday was followed by an hour sitting in the sun by the sea. Much more than planned. Too much? Certainly but oh so enjoyable. A lot of ice and elevation followed. The Butler turned chauffeur was delighted not to have to cook. A quiet day pottering today.

So many folk with difficulties to tackle. Thinking of you and a hope that Friday is gentle with us all.

Nannytopsy Fri 17-Sep-21 07:00:01

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Lots of low cloud here in Suffolk and cool with it. I have just woken after sleeping through all night! I can’t remember the last time that happened and I feel so much better for it!
The cat is home after his long stay in the cattery and is already back into his normal pattern. Pester DH all day, snuggle on me while we are in bed.
I am off to the bright lights of Bury St Edmunds today for two new tyres and a visit to Seasalt. Then it’s the housework and the garden.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 17-Sep-21 07:00:03

Morning Mick and all

The sun is slowly waking up here in S E Essex.

Thinking of you and your family grandMattie beautiful photos Ashcombe

I think you have made the right decision Sar53 the bridge on the M25 has been a nightmare this week, hope your DH is feeling better today. Scentia you must have been so very worried, I hope your GD makes a speedy recovery and that you all enjoy your holiday.

We have The Imp and he is snotty and grotty hopefully he will have a couple of long sleeps during the day. We are off to our local Indian restaurant this evening which I am looking forward to.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

silverlining48 Fri 17-Sep-21 07:04:02

Good morning Mick amd all. It’s grey and misty here on the coast of Suffolk so even though the sea is outside my window I still can’t see it.
Going home tomorrow, it’s been a lovely few days. Nothing else planned. What a strange couple of years this has been.
Greetings, peace and love to all

Beechnut Fri 17-Sep-21 07:04:45

Good Morning to all from Severnside. It’s a dry start.
Lovely to see you Mattie ?

I had a lovely few hours with my friends. They looked well and happy and we had some laughs.

No shopping for me today as I did a small shop yesterday instead. I’m going to take it easy and potter this morning and then go to see Beechnutella late afternoon.

Take care all ?

Susan56 Fri 17-Sep-21 07:09:20

Good morning from Shropshire.

We are going to a Macmillan coffee morning this morning.We have Henry today so not sure how long we will last!School pick up later.

Scentia what a traumatic experience for you all.Hope your DGD soon recovers and you all enjoy your holiday.

Grandmattie, I agree with Ash, your courage is inspiring???

Gelisajams Fri 17-Sep-21 07:15:37

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it’s still dry. We are off to Melton Mowbray shortly and will stay on the lovely campsite we found earlier this year. The plan is to visit Barnsdale garden again if we don’t spend the day in a traffic jam on. M6.
Lots of poorly GC -glad your little one is home Scentia what a frightening day you had.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

dragonfly46 Fri 17-Sep-21 07:23:25

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

It is my first time with a Nordic walking group this morning.

Sending you strength and ? to tackle your day Mattie.
Gosh what an ordeal Scentia I hope you all enjoy the holiday.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 17-Sep-21 07:29:40

Good morning from a sunny East Yorkshire.

I had a worrying day yesterday re pregnant dil. I won’t go into too much detail but she went to hospital with a problem and as no beds available here was sent to a hospital in Leeds. We think she is being sent home today. I got the text just as I was going to my hair appointment.

Today I’m going for lunch with a friend. Her birthday was last weekend and mine is in a couple of weeks so we always do lunch midway. Going to a new Italian I haven’t been to before. Then a dash home to collect dgs from school and give him his tea.

Scentia what a worrying time for you
Grandmattie

Take care all

Grandmadinosaur Fri 17-Sep-21 07:37:30

Grandmattie ?

Pittcity Fri 17-Sep-21 07:38:58

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Forecast to be warm and dry.
Washing, ironing, shopping for the weekend.....same ol' same ol' today.
Love and hugs for all x

brook2704 Fri 17-Sep-21 07:47:44

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a bit cloudy but dry. Yesterday turned into a lovely sunny day and I enjoyed a walk by the river and a trip to the botanical gardens.
Today I’m off to a Fitsteps dance class, I’ve not been for ages but want to get back into it so I’ll see how it goes. Then maybe the gym afterwards for the Aqua class - see how I feel!
Lovely to hear from you grandMattie and good that your DD stayed with you a couple of days
Such a worry when little ones are poorly Scentia, thank goodness for your quick thinking to get your DGD to A&E quickly. I hope she’s much better soon
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Grammaretto Fri 17-Sep-21 07:49:09

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders. A gloomy looking day so far despite the sunny forecast. Still, we need rain. just not at the wedding tomorrow.

Poor Scentia I think it's wonderful how you coped and lets hope baby gets better quickly.

grandMattie as usual thinking of others even when your own world is full of sorrow.

It will be busy here today. A marquee is arriving this morning and so on.

I hope you all have an untroubled day. I still miss Gillybob's Friday girl and other absent friends..

Urmstongran Fri 17-Sep-21 07:49:33

Good morning everyone from Malaga where the sun’s just come up. We have a forecast of 29°C, sunny with a light breeze.

We’ve done a lot of walking and eating out the past couple of days so today we plan to just sit in the gardens with our books and eat in tonight.

We were saying last night how quickly the summer has flown. We fly home next Friday and will have been out for 13 weeks! Strange how neither of us have watched any television in all that time. I think being an hour ahead put me off sometimes out here. A drama starting at 10pm doesn’t appeal - which is a bit silly as we could always sleep in the next morning I suppose!

It’s nice to have you back amongst your virtual friends on here grandMattie. ?

Scentia that ended up being a drama filled babysit! I’m glad all ended happily and that your daughter can feed and cuddle her baby daughter for the week ahead. Hopefully your husband will be up for travelling back with you next month Ashcombe in your car.

Enjoy today all who can. x

monk08 Fri 17-Sep-21 07:49:59

Good morning all from the Black country.
A few blue patches in the sky so ? for a nice day again. Yesterday we ended up at the arboretum it was lovely walking round the lake and admiring the trees with their autumn colours.
Friends coming this evening and we shall go over to the club.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?
granMattie?

Gingster Fri 17-Sep-21 07:53:34

Good morning all and as GG and Sar have said, the sun is trying to appear. Very damp and autumnal out. ?.

Yesterday dh, little pooch and I had a lovely long walk around the local woods/fields. The sun shone and we didn’t see another soul. Autumn at its best with blackberries, elderberries, cob nuts and the trees gradually changing colour. Simple pleasures!

Today I have my book club meet-up. I read the book Islands of Mercy a few weeks back and ive forgotten what it’s about. ?. I’ll google a short summary and hope it all comes back to me, .
After that we will meet with friends for a pub lunch.

Scentia what a worrying time for you. Enjoy your holiday and I hope the baby will be well. ?.

grandmadinasour I hope your DIL is ok. ?

Sar I don’t blame you deciding to get the train. I hate the M25 and we have to travel on that road to get to our DS2 and family. Lots of disruptions on there at the moment.

GM you are an inspiration to us all. ?.

Gentle day to all.

NanKate Fri 17-Sep-21 07:57:32

Good morning Mick and All.

Grey but mild day here in South Bucks.

Having our flu jabs this morning then a visit to the dentist to get my missing filling replaced.

I lit a candle yesterday in church in memory of your boy and family grandMattie. It was so peaceful.

Love your photos Ashcombe.

What fun it sounds in your seaside town Alizarin.