Gransnet forums

Chat

M25 protesters chaos

(225 Posts)
rosie1959 Fri 17-Sep-21 13:28:43

More reports this morning of Insulate Britain causing absolute chaos on parts of the M25
Apparently the police are now taking more decisive action to remove them and not before time
Blue paint has also been poured onto the road in a bid to disrupt more traffic
They will get little sympathy for this ridiculous type of action that the police seem to have been very slow to clear Sure a few HGVs could clear them quicker

bikergran Tue 05-Oct-21 22:26:00

I would possibly think that when they first started it was bit like a gang, stronger together, but I do wonder what some of the gang members think now! With the prospect of heavy fines, criminal record and possibly jail.

Slap them In the cells for a while let them think overnight what they have caused to innocent people trying to go about their daily work, take them a walk through the prisons, let's see how brave they are then without their little gang!

I think baaaa and sheep come to mind.

maddyone Tue 05-Oct-21 11:25:32

Sparklefizz

I think we've got the message. I don't see what they hope to achieve with these continuing protests. They're only alienating the general public who are trying to go about their daily lives.

This is true. Alienating the public will simply make them enemies, especially if anyone dies because the ambulance can’t get through to hospital. There must be more productive ways to make their point. The point itself is very valid but the methods are not valid.

Sparklefizz Tue 05-Oct-21 11:21:47

I think we've got the message. I don't see what they hope to achieve with these continuing protests. They're only alienating the general public who are trying to go about their daily lives.

Sarnia Tue 05-Oct-21 11:13:27

love0c

Just watched a news report where woman was pleading with the protesters to let her through to follow an ambulance that had her sick mother in. These protesters are 'Sick, vile people!' Well done to the people dragging the protesters off the road to let traffic through. Hopefully more and more people will do this.

I saw that too and thought how I would feel in her place. If they must protest then move to the Government Ministers homes and places of work. Start squirting their super glue on their doorsteps.

Alegrias1 Tue 05-Oct-21 09:29:08

Priti Patel will unveil the Criminal Disruption Prevention Orders aimed at stopping some activists attending demos, at the Conservative conference.

A Tory Party source said it will target people with a "history of disruption", or those likely to commit crime.

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson described Insulate Britain activists as "irresponsible crusties".

Can't see anything going wrong here, can you?

Callistemon Mon 04-Oct-21 22:06:03

rosie1959

Alegrias1

How about rubber bullets?

No the French tried that didn't go down well

Australians are using those too as well as tear gas.
Not a popular move, so I hear.

love0c Mon 04-Oct-21 20:50:46

Just watched a news report where woman was pleading with the protesters to let her through to follow an ambulance that had her sick mother in. These protesters are 'Sick, vile people!' Well done to the people dragging the protesters off the road to let traffic through. Hopefully more and more people will do this.

Rosie51 Mon 04-Oct-21 17:30:47

Yesterday there were posters worrying if they couldn't get fuel for their cars they'd be unable to get to work, get to appointments, care for relatives etc etc. Suddenly today it's OK for protestors to block people into an almighty jam for hours and hours and stop them from getting to work, appointments, relatives etc etc I wonder if they'd all agree if it was them that was trapped in the hold up. Roger Hallam is on record saying he would still block an ambulance knowing the person inside would die. He is a callous bully, why does he get to pass a death sentence on someone else to "honour" his principles. I'd bet my life on it he wouldn't block an ambulance with someone dear to him needing emergency treatment!

rosie1959 Mon 04-Oct-21 17:04:03

Good country smell put hairs on their chests

JaneJudge Mon 04-Oct-21 16:57:05

rosie1959

I was thinking more on the lines of farmer Giles and his muck spreader but would make a dreadful mess on the roads and probably not practical in central London

might put them off moving to the country and moaning about the smell though

Alegrias1 Mon 04-Oct-21 16:56:49

Just the water cannon then.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=79PrfqkUhqs

rosie1959 Mon 04-Oct-21 16:56:41

Alegrias1

No the French tried that didn't go down well

Urmstongran Mon 04-Oct-21 16:55:06

Ooh, like those that the French used to fire on the migrants in the Channel at the weekend?

Erm ... no.

rosie1959 Mon 04-Oct-21 16:54:25

I was thinking more on the lines of farmer Giles and his muck spreader but would make a dreadful mess on the roads and probably not practical in central London

Alegrias1 Mon 04-Oct-21 16:51:06

Urmstongran Mon 04-Oct-21 16:50:44

No.

Alegrias1 Mon 04-Oct-21 16:35:26

They use them successfully in other countries.

They use tear gas and violent arrest in many countries too.

Should we try that?

Urmstongran Mon 04-Oct-21 16:34:19

Water cannons.

Oh wait, didn’t soft Theresa May make Boris then London Mayor get rid of them?

They use them successfully in other countries.

Lincslass Mon 04-Oct-21 16:30:04

Stopping ambulances, stopping people following their sick parent to hospital. Is it any wonder if the police won’t get rid of them, the general public will retaliate.

rosie1959 Mon 04-Oct-21 16:22:16

If u watch the clips of what was happening the chap in grey was not alone a few others and a paramedic on his radio looks as if they were trying to get them to move to let an ambulance through was getting pretty heated

JaneJudge Mon 04-Oct-21 16:02:30

The sub text to the Daily Mail was
Well dressed woman in flash car needs to see her Mother who is in hospital (I am not disputing she needs to)
Work shy posh protestors, work shy pot head protestors, retired woke morons (ie anyone who doesn't buy their paper as they don't stand for anything published in it)
London motorists all of whom are obviously AT WORK and hardworking and can afford cars not like the pot smoking insulators.

No mention of the bloke in the grey top who is obviously a brute of a man dragging some elderly bloke around. Nevermind brute is a man of the people

JaneJudge Mon 04-Oct-21 15:58:07

Something really tragic happened to someone we know and the price of their bungalow was listed in the write up in Daily Mail. I think they might have been the 'right kind' of people to have suffered a tragedy as they were upstanding tradespeople, owned their own bungalow named car on drive. It was so f***ing insensitive.

Namsnanny Mon 04-Oct-21 14:09:44

Hetty58

We should be setting an example - by taking serious action against climate change - now, not later.

Instead of lobbying and voting accordingly - some parrot the usual, pathetic excuses.

I do object to the (childish) argument that China should change first because they're a bigger problem than us - really?

I don't think its childish Hetty58, just very very unlikely.
At times China has shown some interest in heeding global climate directives.
Just not enough whilst they are still making financial returns using old tech.
Which we in the west cannot compete with.

rosie1959 Mon 04-Oct-21 14:04:47

Does everything have to be a debate

Alegrias1 Mon 04-Oct-21 14:01:21

I give up.

Eco-moron, vegetarian and professional layabout Alegrias1, who doesn't even work for a living, runs away from debate.