Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s cosy kitchen for sincere and pleasant peoples

(1001 Posts)
Hellogirl1 Fri 17-Sep-21 22:32:07

Well, this kitchen is lovely, I love the cool decor and colourful rugs.
I think I should have typed www.westwoodlakes.co.uk as the other doesn`t seem to work.

Grandmabatty Wed 13-Oct-21 18:11:00

Blossoming I must have missed your post about diving off steps! I hope it isn't too painful. Definitely elevate and I've found a pack of frozen peas wrapped in a tea towel helps with reducing swelling. Brooke it's years since I've been to Culloden. I always found it very spooky. Right! I'm off to eat my weight in pasta. Until tomorrow kitcheners.

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 13-Oct-21 17:54:14

Blossoming - rest, elevate, ice, pain relief and chocolate. Best wishes for a rapid recovery.

brook2704 Wed 13-Oct-21 17:40:23

I’ll have to remember that rhyme muse, we never agree in our family!
Blummin heck blossoming that slip on the bottom step sounds painful, but I know how easy it is to do that and miss a step so to say - I nearly did the same a few days ago. Take care and hope it’s ok again soon
I’ve had a lovely busy day with two DGC ,we just took them to Culloden Battlefield visitor centre which is on our doorstep so not far to travel. They seem to enjoy it there as they have audio guides which they use as they like listening to the stories. After we left I asked DGS what the best bit had been and he said lunch so he seems to have his priorities right! ?
Jax I know exactly what you mean about unrealistic costs for weekend breaks etc. It seems to have just gone crazy with prices through the roof. I’m sure your revised plan of a yummy meal out followed by board games etc will be a lovely way to celebrate your DH birthday. What a spring chicken he is too!
I’m still catching up on here so will pop back later

mrshat Wed 13-Oct-21 17:23:41

Scone as in Stone; Jam before Cream; Had 'flu' jab today. Need to wait until the end of November for COVID booster (if we're lucky!).
Keep safe and well everyone.

Nannytopsy Wed 13-Oct-21 17:21:20

Hello everyone! Just finished an effective day in the garden, DH is off trying to drum GCSE physics into step GS. It’s an uphill struggle!
About to shower while our Nigel Slater chicken cooks, before WI tonight.
Have a good evening everyone

soop Wed 13-Oct-21 16:58:01

Yiayia The wedding celebrations sound perfect. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the occasion. We look forward to a photo.

Jax Clever you. That makes perfect sense. I shall do likewise with Mr Soop's shirts. He will be wearing sweaters from hereon.

Grandmabatty I am rather partial to Italian cuisine. wink

Dogsmakemesmile Cherry, date and apple sconns. Now you're talking.

Blossoming Your sprained ankle will be ouchy right now. Rest. raise and apply ice. Get well soon.

Muse your poem is very clever. I'm also hoping that Mr M's leg is improving day by day.

SueDonim I like your reasoning. Sone or sconn...they taste the same. That's what counts.

I've been wearing my hearing aids since 2012. I am to have the newest of updates. Wow! Ears filled with putty for a cast. Latest "with it" aids will be "installed" in a few weeks. Apparently, I will experience the improvement immediately.
Mr Soop has also agreed to have his hearing tested. A pity as we have many a chuckle over misunderstood conversations. hmm

TOYA and wishing you a pleasant evening with healing vibes for those kitcheners who need them.

Hellogirl1 We said hello to David. x

smile moon

annsixty Wed 13-Oct-21 16:56:17

God afternoon all.
Another Derbyshire girl here who says bath and grass but has always said gararge not garidge as it was often pronounced back home.
Dull drizzly day here, heating on all day.
I am having my Covid booster on Saturday afternoon, shall be pleased to get it over.
The wedding sounds just perfect Yiayia bet ,after the bride, you were belle of the ball.
Off now to christen tea, spag Bol and garlic ciabatta, GD’s choice, not mine but the glass or two of red is definitely my idea and I will be the only one drinking it.

ixion Wed 13-Oct-21 16:41:23

One for Muse?

TillyTrotter Wed 13-Oct-21 16:38:44

It does sound lovely Yiayia. I’m sure the Bride, Groom and all the wedding guests looked sensational - but I hope you felt especially good in your carefully chosen outfit and boots ??

Blossoming falling off things is a not a good skill to have, I hope you haven’t done yourself too much damage?

I was in a cafe with my brother today. I dropped a biscuit “plop” in the middle of my drink slopping it over the table and he dropped his cup onto the saucer clumsily and spilled his drink everywhere. As we mopped it up with serviettes saying what a right pair we are, we giggled like kids and he is a sprightly 82 (I’m a bit younger).
?

Grandmabatty Wed 13-Oct-21 15:39:32

Yiayia that sounds very lovely. I'm glad you had a good time. JaxJacky that melon looks lush.

Jaxjacky Wed 13-Oct-21 15:10:39

I have done the dreaded ironing, 8 shirts, I’ve worked out now MrJ is wearing jumpers, it’s just the collars need ironing, easy peasy!
I ate half of the melon this morning, it was lush, very juice and sweet, I hope the other three have time to ripen.
Phew Blossoming living dangerously girl ?
Catch up later all.

Yiayia4 Wed 13-Oct-21 15:05:08

Good afternoon Kitcheners.The wedding was wonderful,the
venue was overlooking the Southdown Way,such a stunning spot.They had the ceremony outside and the sun shone on the bride,it was perfect.The food was delicious and the champagne flowed and it was so nice to see family after so long.Home now and back to reality until the next occasion which will be quite soon.Hope to show you some photos soon.
Love the scone poem Muse.
Oh dear Blossoming sorry you had a fall,rest and ice for you.?
Take care everyone enjoy your evening.

Grandmabatty Wed 13-Oct-21 14:56:51

Hi kitcheners. I'm just home from my busy Wednesday morning. Housework, hoovering and visited mum, then checked son's flat for mail then art class for a couple of hours. I'm about to have a cuppa and rest before I go out for an Italian meal tonight. Enjoy your day x

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 13-Oct-21 14:53:23

Afternoon everyone. I won't enter the scone debate re jam and cream as I am someone who like their scone/sconn utterly plain. No butter. Nothing. Fruit scones are best in my opinion but only with lots of fruit. Because of ddog we don't have vine fruits in the house (neurotic) so I make cherry/date and apple. It's turning into a gorgeous autumn afternoon here. Just had a Waitrose delivery. V difficult to get a slot but one appeared 48 hours ago. Have been doing emails/catch ups and the inevitable housework. Listened to Woman's Hour this morning re division of labour in the house. Some of it very funny. Wishing all of you as good a day as possible.

Grandmajean Wed 13-Oct-21 14:27:05

Have never heard that poem , Muse Love it.

Blossoming Wed 13-Oct-21 13:23:33

Haha SueDonim I was just thinking about Scoon while I was reading the earlier posts grin

Blossoming Wed 13-Oct-21 13:16:25

Good afternoon dear Kitcheners. Yesterday ran away from me! I’m having an incident filled morning. Fell off the next-to-bottom step (I know, it’s a special skill) twisted my right ankle. The one that isn’t on the hemiplegic side. Fortunately seems OK. Been for ‘flu jab, now home drinking coffee. Hope you had a lovely day yesterday Yia . Glad Mt. M’s leg is at last showing some improvement Muse and great to hear things are looking up for you Ann. I shall catch up with the rest of the Kitchen News now.

muse Wed 13-Oct-21 12:55:07

Ay up, me Kitcheners. Thank you to Grandmafrench for mentioning scones. It has caused much laughter for MrM and myself this morning. A rare moment for us to sit together for nearly two hours. Outside too. It's glorious.
We've often said before what a swine English must be for others to learn. MrM has a posh voice unlike myself. I'm a guttersnipe, according to him, with my Derbyshire accent ?. We disagreed about scone. I'm a tone scone and was surprised at how many Cornish folk pronounce it the same. I'd always thought it was just a Midland's pronunciation. I got my own back though. For you all reading this, say bath. This is where I caught MrM out. I say b-a-th. MrM says b-ar-th. Then I asked him to bathysphere?.

Fun and games over. I leave you all with this little poem (not mine) and a map.

I asked the maid in dulcet tone
To order me a buttered scone;
The silly girl has been and gone
And ordered me a buttered scone.

Off to enjoy gardening in the sun.

SueDonim Wed 13-Oct-21 12:41:11

I’ve just posted this on the wrong thread. blush. I’ll try again here.

I used to live in the village of Scone pronounced Scoon, in Perthshire.

I only knew the pronunciation of scOne as a child in Kent. Nowadays, I say whatever the company I’m in says. grin

soop Wed 13-Oct-21 12:13:30

We have an appointment with the audiology clinic in Campbeltown at 1:30. Just popping in to say hello and wish you all a relaxing afternoon. Although some of you lot do not fully comprehend the meaning of "chillin'". No way! Some of you are already climbing mountains/swimming oceans/trudging through the Amazon. Or something like. grin

Back a little later.

brook2704 Wed 13-Oct-21 07:20:38

Hello lovely kitcheners, I’m just popping into the kitchen early to say thank you all for your best wishes for my sons visit. We’ve had a lovely but busy few days and really enjoyed catching up after such a long time. Today we’re looking after the DGC as it’s half term here, I’m looking forward to that too.
Not a hope of catching up with all the kitchen news yet but I’ll come back later ?

Nannytopsy Wed 13-Oct-21 02:34:13

Scone like stone from the Black Country!

Charleygirl5 Tue 12-Oct-21 23:06:48

Of course it is a sconn- how else would one pronounce it?! Jam but no cream for me and loads of butter.

Grandmajean Tue 12-Oct-21 22:35:06

Hellogirl I am so versatile that I have been known to use the words " couch" "settee" and "sofa" all in the one day and all about the same piece of furniture !

BladeAnnie Tue 12-Oct-21 22:29:29

Just popping in to say goodnight everyone after a somewhat hectic day (not a planned hectic). So a very naughty glass of rose required!! TOYA

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion