Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s cosy kitchen for sincere and pleasant peoples

(1001 Posts)
Hellogirl1 Fri 17-Sep-21 22:32:07

Well, this kitchen is lovely, I love the cool decor and colourful rugs.
I think I should have typed www.westwoodlakes.co.uk as the other doesn`t seem to work.

Blossoming Wed 13-Oct-21 18:17:52

Thank you for your kind thoughts. It happened as I was getting ready to go to my flu jab. I’ve been sitting with my foot up since we got back and it isn’t swollen. I don’t think I’ve actually sprained it but my big toe is hurting! I have some compression socks which usually help with things like this. I made a huge slow cooker chilli yesterday and we’re finishing that off tonight. TOYA

Nannagarra Wed 13-Oct-21 20:07:26

Good evening kitcheners.
After a busy day which included looking after our DGD, my eyelids keep closing. The scon/scoan discussion is way beyond me atm but I must thank muse for her excellent research.
Sending healing wishes to those who have fallen and to those and their DH’s who are poorly. ?

Jaxjacky Wed 13-Oct-21 20:11:43

Crumbs, I remember Culloden, many years ago, it has a brooding atmosphere, but beautiful as most of Scotland is brook. Yes, he is a tad younger, keeps me on my toes!
I’m so pleased you enjoyed yourself Yiayia, it sounds delightful. New ears soop, magic, mine need suctioned out again, but I’m very bad at remembering to oil them beforehand and I don’t want a wasted journey, never mind the £’s.
Bath as in laugh here..
Imogen txt me her Christmas list, all links, a record player is on there! Along with a lot of retro bits for her bedroom, hippy girl, taking after after her Grandma ?. We’ve always done lists, helps buying something desired, we need to do ours too.
A good, chortling laugh is the best medicine Tilly bit like me and my melons!
See you later alligators..

Grandmajean Wed 13-Oct-21 20:43:14

Have been to Culloden Brook and it is indeed atmospheric. Love Glen Coe too for the same reason. You can almost feel the misery.

Your melons are gorgeous Jaxjackie - will say no more or might get sent to the back of the kitchen to think about my behaviour.

Hope your ankle heals quickly Blossoming - don't put weight on it before it feels comfortable.

Looking forward to Yiayia 's wedding pics.

Knew how to pronounce Scone as in the place SueDonim It's the kind you eat that cause all the trouble !

Not in yet Grandmafrench? will come back later to catch your post.

Still plodding on with "Hollington Drive" -planning to watch it at 9 tonight. I like Anna Maxwell Martin but she does play miserable parts. If no improvement tonight might give up.

Glad you've got your hearing sorted Soop

Had to do a double take Nannytopsy as thought Nigel Slater was in your kitchen ! Now that would be one upmanship !

Enjoy what's left of the evening everyone.

SueDonim Wed 13-Oct-21 20:48:51

I like your ‘pome’, Muse! grin

flowers for your accident, Blossoming.

Hurrah for a lovely wedding, Yia! My dd got married in October. It bucketed with rain in the morning but many midday the skies has cleared and it was glorious.

We went to Culloden a couple of years ago. I thought that they had ruined it by all the prettification. Mowed paths, dogs everywhere, all neat and tidy! It didn’t used to be like that in the 80’s, it was wild and windswept then and quite scary. I do think the interpretive centre was good, though.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Oct-21 21:23:54

‘Evening All’.

We’ve had a lovely day. I started a new book - always love those moments of ‘choosing’.
❤️

Took our water babies for their swim lesson. Home to eat & relax. Life’s good.

Sorry to hear about your sore foot Blossoming. Hope it’s much better by the morning.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Oct-21 21:29:27

When I think about it properly, I say ‘scone’ that rhymes with ‘cone’.
?
Apologies Mary Berry.

I hope Doodles is enjoying her holiday. In the ‘top secret’ place.
?

Hellogirl1 Wed 13-Oct-21 21:30:25

Soop, thanks to you and Mr Soop for greeting David. I just hope I get the chance again to do it myself.
I`ve never been to Culloden, have made several visits to Glencoe, a magnificent and awe inspiring drive. Not awfully keen on the visitor centre though.
Blossoming, don`t know about you, but I find that whether you fall down one step or half a dozen, the ground is just as hard!
My BIL visited earlier, brought me a steak and ale pasty, which I had for tea with some chips, but must admit to not being too keen on it. I hope he doesn`t ask me if I liked it, I`d feel rude and ungrateful if I said I didn`t like it, but if I say I did, he might buy me another!
Best wishes to all who are poorly or have poorly family members.
TOYA xx

brook2704 Wed 13-Oct-21 22:05:22

The first time we visited Culloden was about 20 years ago when we were staying near Fort William and DH wanted to visit. It seemed an awful long drive and I quite clearly remember looking out of the car window and thinking who on earth lives up here in this wild and windy place ?
Little did I know then that a few years later we’d end up living up here ourselves - so strange really and a little bit spooky…

Grandmafrench Wed 13-Oct-21 22:10:00

Hello lovely Peeps! Oh, I can see Page 40 of 40, does that mean that everyone is suddenly going to disappear. Not sure how the pages work, but we must have galloped through to another Kitchen - almost.

Today was a good day. Lots of sunshine, lots of activity - mine. That's very reassuring after having a dodgy back and thinking that I would be laid low for a while. Haven't gone too mad; helped pick up hedge cuttings after DH. (Using wonderful blower, no bending involved). Then we discussed cutting down a huge Yucca which keeps doubling and trebling itself. So we took down - DH took down with a chainsaw - the two bigger plants and left a lower shrubby one. I was suitably thrilled to find that my Agapanthus dead flowerheads have now opened their seedpods, so tomorrow I shall pot some and see what happens.

We spent ages trying to sort out the pool filter. Me one end with a vacuum pump, DH the other end in the pool house where all the gubbins are kept! Filtering better now. He went to the dump, I wandered about supervising the pool cleaning and waving a large pool net around, picking up the odd leaf and twig which was spoiling the view. I then sat in the sun and on his return, I was awarded a cup of tea and (yet another) ScoNN. Just jam this time. So was a good person and had a salad for supper. Not just any old salad, though, it included avocado and smoked salmon and mozzarella, so maybe wasn't as slenderising as I hoped! However, as long as I keep away (mostly) from carbs, I can see that the diet is working. (Mmm! No more ScoNNs)

All this talk of Culloden, remote and windswept places and brooding landscapes. Wonderful. I could spend lots of time in Scotland, just drinking in the scenery.

And what about you and new hearing aids, soop. I do know what you mean about not having the comical conversations though. We were having those over a crossword this evening. It's a thing that we do, sitting in the evening sun with a G&T or other apéro, and doing a crossword or two. Sometimes, we end up roaring with laughter simply because one of us has misheard a word, but I can see how much simpler life is if you can actually hear - properly. I'm blessed with Tinnitus, which almost drives me potty some days - so I feel I could probably do with a hearing boost now. Hate things in my ears, but I shall pull myself together and go and have some tests - in the foreseeable.

What a to do, Blossoming. Sounds like you've had a scare but hopefully a lucky escape. You're going to have to promise to stop trying to be the Knockabout Kid, because we don't bounce after the age of about 12, do we? Hope you feel better in the fastest possible time.

I shall wait to hear your verdict on Hollington Drive, Grandmajean - how I'd like Nigel Slater in my kitchen. I have two of his books but I do love to watch him cook - he's calm and unpretentious.

Jax you're going to have to stop going on about your melons now! Naughty - I keep thinking of one of Princess Margaret's family whose nickname was Melons - no prizes for guessing why. I'd really love a record player for Xmas - except that it's so difficult to buy anything these days. I have lots of wonderful LP's that I'm very sentimental about. NannaG little children may be adorable, but they're exhausting. You and Susan and GrandmaB and others will have to start a TiredGrans Club - something with a nice Bar for when you're all off duty!

Love that you say you're 'common', Hellogirl and a guttersnipe, Muse. If sofas escape you and you say bath and path, instead of barth and parth, well good for you. I always think that what you say counts sooooo much more than how you say it! And the kind tea brought by your BIL ? If he asks, tell him you loved it but it didn't like you (due to the pastry, maybe?) or some ingredient which you know you shouldn't eat or you'll suffer. That should stop him putting any further 'temptation' in your way. ?

Better breastfeeding times for that lovely babba, SueD - lots of patience is required before it all just happens, sometimes.

Ann just wanted to up the stakes a little - I lost my Mum when she was 103 and 2 months ! I'm hoping those figures will allow me lots more shopping and having fun times yet.

Yiayia so pleased you had fun and it all went so well. I lived in East Sussex, so the Southdown Way is not unknown to me.

NannyT, Tilly, Charley, Brook and Blade (sat in the sunshine drinking lemonade.) Sorry couldn't resist the rhyme! - hope you've all had a good day. Mr Susan, sorry to hear you're unwell, and sounds as if you may have to give up the rifle range for the foreseeable future. Hope you have some rapid treatment and you're well again in a trice. And Mr Muse - sitting in the sunshine and relaxing is my prescription for you. Don't forget all work and no play etc., etc.,

Nighty night dear Kitcheners. Sweet dreams and an excellent start for tomorrow. A special hug and fond wishes to you Panache. ? Keep well all. x??

brook2704 Wed 13-Oct-21 22:28:51

Awww another lovely post grandmafrench thank you ♥️

Blossoming Wed 13-Oct-21 23:30:51

I’m glad your back is better GrandmaFrench. I was so annoyed with myself, all I could think was I have to get my flu jab so I can’t afford a broken ankle! Fortunately I seem to have escaped with just some bruises which are colouring up nicely. I don’t need to go anywhere tomorrow or Friday so will rest it. I think it’s time to give up my attempts at unpowered human flight. On Saturday evening we are going to the 18th birthday party for my 1st cousin, twice removed! I think that’s the right relationship, she is my cousin’s granddaughter. I can’t miss this, our first get together for two years. I have a lovely velvet Seasalt long sleeved shift dress which I will wear over fine black leggings and ankle boots. Support for my ankle and the bruises won’t show.

I’m propped up in bed now with my foot poking out over the duvet on a pillow, so I’ll say goodnight and as ever TOYA.

Nannytopsy Wed 13-Oct-21 23:37:29

Glad to hear that your back problem didn’t last too long GF. I have started to see progress in the garden but I am out tomorrow so the final planting is on hold. Nearly there! Unlike the south of France, autumn is just around the corner with some frost last night.
Planning C…….s now!

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 13:10:46

Oh lordie! I thought that the kitchen had closed. I've been wandering around in a dream. I wanted so much to find you all. A new kitchen is open and ready for a happy gathering.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 13:11:48

I have never felt so disorientated. Daft as a brush - me! I want to be with my friends. I'm happiest with you lot.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 13:13:36

My sincere apologies. I've made a right and proper mess up. We still have time to spend in this kitchen, although a new one is ready and waiting. hmm

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 13:16:45

Mr Soop has a hacking cough but is otherwise feeling better than he did a few days ago. Bless him.

Sweetie Pie (feral cat) has called more frequently since the beginning of the week. The food store is stacked to the rafters. Away to have lunch. smile

muse Thu 14-Oct-21 13:20:20

24 hrs since my last post. Taxi service to the doctors in 1/2 an hour so I’ll be back to finish reading sooo many posts.
ixion. ??. See I can reach my toes. All that Pilates has come in useful.

Blossoming Thu 14-Oct-21 14:02:13

Soop I think the Gransnet server has been playing up again this morning. We can finish off this Kitchen and the new one will be ready and waiting. I’m glad Mr. Soop is feeling much better today. I’m having a day in bed, my foot hurt so much in the night I had very little sleep. I’m now dosed up with Co Codamol and not moving that foot! There’s no swelling at all, not much bruising and everything is in the right place. I think it’s probably a tendon problem so hope the rest and painkillers will do the trick. Hope you’re OK Muse

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 14:19:03

Blossoming A sprained tendon is a very painful injury. You are resting and elevating the foot? That's good. The pain killers are strong. I wish you a restful afternoon.

annsixty Thu 14-Oct-21 14:19:49

Poor Blossoming I hope your pain soon eases and also hope Muse is ok.
Dull day here today with CH on.
A friend has rung to say she will pop in for a chat about 3pm, another called yesterday and stayed for an hour, my cup runneth over.
After 18 months my social life is picking up.
Out for a meal tomorrow evening with my friend across the road and then on Sunday another friend is taking me to look at new pictures.
My GD and her friend are going to Morfa Nefyn with her friend’s s parents who are renting a house for a week, the girls are going Saturday until Tuesday, I hope they get decent weather as they want to walk.
Best wishes to all still not well or in a caring role.
Looking forward to the new kitchen, we don’t seem to have been in this one five minutes.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 14:21:26

Tell us about your trip to the GP.

A very grey day in bonnie Kintyre. I am still blushing as a result of what was a major senior moment with bells on.

brook2704 Thu 14-Oct-21 14:22:49

Just popping into the old kitchen for one last time, I’ll sweep all the cake crumbs off the floor and turn the lights out

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 14:23:12

annsixty It is a huge treat to know that you are experiencing a new lease of life. flowers

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 14:24:18

Thank you, brook You are a dear. See you in the new kitchen. There is a welcome buffet for you lovely lot. smile

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion