Gransnet forums

Chat

What have you "always wanted"?

(225 Posts)
MissAdventure Sat 09-Oct-21 20:58:14

I don't mean the usual stuff, like a healthy family or so on....
Someone watched me write, and said she had always wanted to be left handed.
She wasn't sure why, she just did.

I've always wanted long, dark hair.

Amberone Sat 09-Oct-21 21:45:44

To not be taller than almost everyone I know.

To be able to sing (I'm the exception that proves the rule - the Welsh girl who can't sing)

JJ many, many, many years ago I had a boyfriend with a Karman Ghia ? it was such a tiny car and I was quite tall with long legs and never could understand why he loved it so much ?

Galaxy Sat 09-Oct-21 21:55:04

To be able to sing
To have a talent such as art.
However I really really 'wanted' 2 different men, what a bloody disaster that was. Sometimes it's a bad idea to get what you want.

Lucca Sat 09-Oct-21 22:00:46

To be musical, particularly to be a good singer. I’m hopeless.

JaneJudge Sat 09-Oct-21 22:02:10

Amberone, I am quite tall too so maybe I can cross it off my list of things I want grin

Galaxy, join an art group? I am nit very good either at drawing etc and my art tutor (now friend) i amazing and the group is very nice/friendly

Shinamae Sat 09-Oct-21 22:02:26

To be happy or at least content

JaneJudge Sat 09-Oct-21 22:02:48

mind you i will say, some of them are AMAZING and that was what was putting me off going/joining in the first place

Nannarose Sat 09-Oct-21 22:13:00

Without doubt, like so many of you, to have some musical ability. Nothing much, just to be able to sing in tune, and dance in rhythm.
I long to join in sing-songs, to be able to share some of the old folk songs and tunes that were part of my childhood, but I can't.
My mother was musical, had a lovely singing voice and loved dancing, so I have to blame my dad......

Nannarose Sat 09-Oct-21 22:14:00

PS: I have so many other things in my life that I am grateful for, so should not 'wish for the moon when I have the stars'.

MissAdventure Sat 09-Oct-21 22:16:17

I'd like to be able to dance.
Just to be comfortable enough to wiggle around a bit in time to some music.
I've never been able to, even when I'm on my own.

Galaxy Sat 09-Oct-21 22:22:17

I can copy really well Jane so if there is a cartoon say I can reproduce it really accurately but if someone said draw a dog, it would look like a three year old had produced it, I feel it's almost a fault in imagination. But perhaps you are right and I should try.

dragonfly46 Sat 09-Oct-21 22:23:50

I always wanted red-headed children. One was blond and one brown and I love them dearly!

JaneJudge Sat 09-Oct-21 22:27:27

galaxy, find a group and just go? and if you don't like it after 6 sessions..try at home? some people in my group just do their own thing iykwim there is no pressure if it for recreation

I have a red headed child (now adult) he is the most obnoxious of all of mine and everyone says he is like me grin grin

GagaJo Sat 09-Oct-21 22:32:04

I always wanted long, dark brown, curly hair. Instead I had dead mouse colour, slightly wavy hair.

Always wanted a house WAY in the distant countryside, with no neighbours. I'm more or less in the financial position to be able to afford it now, but given my age, think it probably isn't the best idea now.

When I was young, with my life ahead of me, I definitely didn't want to be married or have children. I wanted a career. I had marriage and children, and sure enough, it wasn't my cup of tea. I also had a career, only to find I wasn't actually ambitious, I just wanted to do something I liked. No desire to climb the ladder.

At one stage, about 10 years ago, I started to yearn to be married (I know, I know). I envied those with good marriages. I'm over that again now. Happy not to be. Don't want to change it. NO idea where that yen came from.

I also really wanted grandchildren. Hooray! DGS is the apple of my eye!

tinaf1 Sat 09-Oct-21 22:52:22

Be tall
Have long legs
Play the violin
Be able to swim

Callistemon Sat 09-Oct-21 22:55:46

A telephone
A car
A detached house
Straight glossy hair
To be able to sing
Lovely strong feet.

cornergran Sat 09-Oct-21 23:01:49

To be able to sing and draw anything that resembles the original object. I was expelled from the class choir when I was 10 and haven’t dared sing again. Small children ask me not to draw things for them. Oh the shame.

Marydoll Sat 09-Oct-21 23:08:06

Being tall and elegant. I was originally 5ft 2in, but vertebraic fractures have reduced my height considerably.
Straight white teeth
Being able to sing.
Do handstands.

Regrettably, it won't happen!

Cfaz49 Sat 09-Oct-21 23:12:58

Straight teeth, a straight nose and a decent singing voice. Oh yes … and a metabolism that keeps me slim!

GillT57 Sat 09-Oct-21 23:23:50

Scones

I have one you can have MissAdventure In fact I have enough for lots of people.

Same here! I am glad to share a buttock or two

Maggiemaybe Sat 09-Oct-21 23:33:11

To go to a ballet class, so I've just signed up for one. They particularly welcome "the more mature beginner", this accompanied by a photo of six graceful looking women of my daughters' age. I'll be buying my first ballet shoes later in the week. I thought I might rock up in a tutu as well - what do you think? wink

MissAdventure Sat 09-Oct-21 23:35:07

Good on you! smile
You're very brave!

Callistemon Sat 09-Oct-21 23:36:02

I went to adult tap lessons but I was a disaster, no co-ordination at all.

Luckylegs Sat 09-Oct-21 23:37:04

I’m similar to a lot of you:

To be able to sing confidently
To have lovely teeth
To own one those Mercedes sports cars with a slight dip in the bonnet (couldn’t get in or out of it now!)
To have an ability to draw

Kim19 Sat 09-Oct-21 23:40:19

I used to want to be taller until my husband said he was glad I wasn't or I'd never have looked at him as he was quite short. Changed my mind after that.

Coolgran65 Sat 09-Oct-21 23:55:02

To have nice teeth. My top teeth are nice. I can take them out.

I was a redhead as is my son.
I love red hair.