Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 10th October 2021

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 10-Oct-21 06:03:51

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark start but its dry out there in Brackley , yesterdays bus trips changed mind and never returned to Buckingham , I had a Breakfast Bap at the bakery cafe I go to in Bicester plus a free coffee as well filled me up , so returned on direct bus home .
Mind you saw some friends on bus going into Buckingham , who would not be around to chat to later on if I had returned home that way.
Mind you starting to plan my schedule for next week , so see how it works .
Take Care,
Mick

Greyduster Sun 10-Oct-21 08:18:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South. Yorkshire. We are hoping to watch GS play football this morning if we can find a parking space at the ground. We watched him run a cross country yesterday and I took a video of him on my phone coming up to the finish, but somehow, I managed to knock it onto slow motion. When he saw it, he said, “Nanny, it needs that Chariots of Fire music to go with it!”?‍♀️. I will spend time this afternoon trying to tame our front flowerbed which is choked with some creeping convolvulus thing. Trouble is, if you leave even a scintilla of root in, it comes back.
Hope the day is kind to you all.

Grandmajean Sun 10-Oct-21 08:22:42

Good morning from Cheshire.
Friends visiting for lunch tomorrow on way home from short holiday. Have promised to make lentil soup for them so that will be done today. Have learnt from experience that will stress over it all going wrong if I make it tomorrow morning !
How can it go wrong ? No idea but will bother me.
Hope the day brings you all some ?

Gingster Sun 10-Oct-21 08:25:16

Good morning all and it’s grey here in Essex. Yesterday was warm and sunny.

Well my visitors today are dwindling. DB1 phoned yesterday morning to say he has this awful cold virus that is prevalent around here. His wife is unwell with various conditions ?. ?.
DB2 phoned to say he has an cataract op on Tuesday so won’t chance coming for lunch, as the op has already been cancelled twice. Nephew and wife are still coming and there will be plenty for them to eat, after their golf lesson with DH. ?.

There seems to be a number of things being cancelled or postponed again.
Ash what a shame and so disappointing to have to cancel.

Sar that cake looks so delicious.

Wishing everyone a ‘good’ day.
????

Anniebach Sun 10-Oct-21 08:40:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

monk08 Sun 10-Oct-21 08:48:10

Good morning all from the Black country. Slept in so will read through later.
Nice to see you back Marydoll
Carvery booked with friends later so no cooking yippee!
Welcome any newbies ? best wishes for anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed.
May you all enjoy your Sunday and may you all find some ?.

Mapleleaf Sun 10-Oct-21 08:52:54

Good morning,

Greyduster has given you our weather report. It really is a beautiful morning, with lovely blue sky and sunshine, but it’s on the chilly side at the moment.

No big plans for today other than we might pop out for tea today as a treat.

Enjoy your day.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 10-Oct-21 08:54:23

Morning Mick and all

How excited you must be brook

We went to DH friends delayed 70th bash last night, I said to DH apart from his AC everyone is so much older than us he laughed and said we are old now angry
I drove home through Country lanes which were foggy, I was relieved to pull onto our drive.

Roast beef later, most of the day will be spent cooking my Christmas Chutney, I chopped and measured it all yesterday.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Jaxjacky Sun 10-Oct-21 08:54:55

Good morning Mick and all from high cloud in S Hants. Enjoy your son’s visit brook you’ve waited long enough.
Loud music harrigran I despair for you, you must be wondering what next, I hope today is peaceful and calm.
I filled window boxes, a tub and hanging basket with violas yesterday and a new clematis Taiga was delivered, so that can go in today.
Have a peaceful Sunday all ???

GrannySomerset Sun 10-Oct-21 09:03:06

Another lovely autumn morning here but the boiler appears to have died so no heating, which we can manage without while the weather is nice, and no hot water which is a nightmare. Have just filled a thermos to take upstairs to wash and shave DH, which will not go well I fear. Hope I can get hold of the engineer first thing tomorrow because we need hot water!

Church this morning but no other plans. Thinking of harrigran in particular, and all struggling in various ways.

Grammaretto Sun 10-Oct-21 09:05:43

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders. Bright and not too cold - for me at least.
DS1 and family are off to the south coast of England for their half term holiday. They are very excited. smile
Yesterday, and with the help of a youtube video, they repaired my kitchen pulley.
GS1 played piano in his first live concert since the start of the pandemic.
I had my flu jag yesterday but I can't have the covid booster until next week because it hasn't been long enough since the last vax. No side effects to report.

Harrigran I used to be deafened by street noise and I daresay the loud concerts in the hall next door will return but the morning after was very quiet. I hope you get some rest.

Brook enjoy the special time with your DS. I wish mine could come from NZ but that is impossible at present.

EkwaNimitee Sun 10-Oct-21 09:06:09

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright Carlisle where I'm hoping it will be a sunny dry day so that I can get into the garden and remove more lawn.
Yesterday morning it was out early to get my covid booster. Again, all the elders of Carlisle seemed to be queuing up in their cars. The jabber told me everyone's getting Pfizer for the booster and that AstraZeneca is being sent abroad. I have a sore arm this morning unlike after the previous jabs but it's not too bad. I visited Sainsbury's on the way for some fresh veggies and took the opportunity to view the toilet roll aisle. An industry boss had been on the news saying that, due to the escalating gas prices, toilet roll production might have to be halted. That's going to start panic buying I thought and indeed there were large gaps on that shelf but still a lot left. Perhaps everyone's still using their large stocks from the last panic.

Good to see you back, Marydoll. Carpe diem used to be my old House motto at school. I used to think it a bit silly but now, at my age, think it's an excellent one to have.
I hope you all have a pleasant Sunday in spite of struggles and disappointments.

Pittcity Sun 10-Oct-21 09:11:53

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Feels humid.
I need to walk to Aldi to see what they've got for a Sunday roast. Nobody around here stocks small chickens Grandmattie , so we always end up eating curry, stir-fry, sandwiches afterwards. A bit like Christmas.
Will catch up with Strictly later while DH is out as we were out last night. DH thinks it drags when there are so many couples and it's easy to skip the blah blah with a recording.
Love to all xx

hollysteers Sun 10-Oct-21 09:35:42

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside, blue skies Lancashire coast.
A welcome day at home after a week out every day somewhere, so a bit of house stuff, music preparation and paint a birthday card,
So enjoyed lunch and exhibition with friend yesterday, train trip, salmon fish cakes and it was an exhibition of Victorian ceramics, not thrilling, but an excuse to go. Also a nearby garden centre chockablock with Xmas stuff, too soon, but admittedly some lovely gewgaws and the smell of cinnamon.
I bought, for my inner 9 year old, a fairy house with lights inside. Not part of the Xmas section.
Saturday night train back crowded with young unmasked (apart from me) merrymakers…
You must be proud of your DD grandMattie.
Thoughts to harrigran ?

Auntieflo Sun 10-Oct-21 09:35:54

Good morning Mick, Annie and all, and a special Hello to Marydoll who is back with us again. Lovely to see you.
Off to Church later, I missed it last week, as didn't feel great.

We were supposed to visit DD yesterday, but the emergency prescription, promised by 111, was not fulfilled by the Pharmacy. Seems the person who answered my call, got it wrong.
So another long stint on the phone to 111 again, and eventually I managed to collect it.
I am going to have a peaceful afternoon, sewing or knitting today.
Harrigran, sorry to hear that you have been sleep deprived, by festival music, and maybe you can catch up a bit today. ?
Also to GrannySomerset, that you get hot water soon.
GrandMattie, you are amazing. Please try and get some 'you' time to recover from all the recent stress and worries.
Have a good day one and all.

grandMattie Sun 10-Oct-21 09:43:36

Nice to see you, Auntieflo. I shall spend the rest of my life being kind to myself, so doing things for others us a nice change. I’m not really amazing, just realistic and extraordinarily maternal/caring of my loved ones…. But thank you all for your kind words!

hulahoop Sun 10-Oct-21 09:57:34

It's a lovely morning here washer on .Sorry you have been unwell Marydoll .Harrigran hope you get a quiet day .

Megs36 Sun 10-Oct-21 10:20:42

Marydoll glad you’re feeling strong enough to post a bit.
Had a smile about your visit to the Genesis concert, my family saw them too ,somewhat further south than you! I was told the ‘grey brigade’ were out in force, and if they weren’t grey they were bald……..
Keep safe everyone.

aggie Sun 10-Oct-21 10:49:38

Good Morning all on a lovely Sunday morning , the sun is showing up the fact that the windows needs good clean !
DD is cooking and I have been told to run down to the green house to get a pepper , not sure about the”run” but I’d better go get it

Marydoll Sun 10-Oct-21 10:50:46

Megs ?

henetha Sun 10-Oct-21 11:04:18

Good morning from sunny south Devon.
Today is wonderful for me. My eldest grandchild is arriving this afternoon from Ireland for a whole week. I haven't seen her for almost two years. I am so happy.

Blossoming Sun 10-Oct-21 11:06:27

Good morning all from sunny Lancashire. There’s a definite nip in the air this morning, the car park is busy with people going for walks. I’m only just up and dressed! We had a very late night, after watching 2 films, eating pizza and drinking wine. I shall definitely be taking it easy today. I haven’t read the thread yet, will do that now while I drink my tea. Wishing you all a happy and peaceful Sunday.

GrandmasueUK Sun 10-Oct-21 11:42:56

Good morning (just) from a sunny Greater Manchester. I have an 'empty' - as Marydoll would say for a while. I'm so pleased to see you posting again Mary I've missed your cheerful novellas.

I'm waiting for my Godson to call round to give me a quote for a new boiler. He is really laid back, so have no idea what time he will be here. Good job I'm not actually going anywhere.

I got an email earlier with confirmation of plane tickets for my DiL and grandsons for Christmas. My son is coming over from Portugal a few days earlier, as he has a conference in Cambridge. They will be with us for almost 2 weeks. It's 3 years since I saw them in RL and my grandsons are now 4 and 6. We Facetime a couple of times a week but it's not quite the same.

We are all very excited and I think they would have to be here for about 6 months to get through all the things we want to do!

Thinking of missing posters and wishing those in pain, or with troubles a peaceful day. flowers

kittylester Sun 10-Oct-21 12:04:04

A very late good morning from a very sunny North Leicestershire.

We have had a sad few days, our eldest son's next door neighbour committed suicide on Friday and our niece has left her husband, again! Hopefully, she will stay away this time.

Today is our 51st wedding anniversary and we are going to lunch in a new restaurant on the top floor of the stand overlooking Notts County Cricket ground. No cricket today but I'm really looking forward to it.

gillgran Sun 10-Oct-21 12:15:11

kittylester, sorry to hear you & your family have had such a sad & unsettling time.

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary, hope you enjoy lunch out. flowers

Warm regards to all on the GM thread.

Grandmajean Sun 10-Oct-21 12:18:12

Happy 51st Kittlester