Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 12th October 2021

(45 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 12-Oct-21 06:03:18

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in Brackley this morning, today my plans was originally to go and see the Bond film , but with performance times not working with bus times will wait for the DVD version .
The usual bus to Bicester only , have my coffee and snack , then shop and return home to relax.
Take Care,
Mick

Susan56 Tue 12-Oct-21 12:58:35

A bit late for a good morning post from me,been a hectic morning.

DH has developed a hernia(his third)?.I telephoned the surgery and asked for a phone appointment.He had a call within the hour and is seeing a consultant at 9.30 tomorrow.

We have been looking to book a holiday for next year and had more or less decided on North Yorkshire or Scotland.Have just shown DH your beautiful photos baubles and we are now thinking of Northumberland.I had an aunt who I used to visit in Northumberland many years ago but DH has never been.

We have also booked a couple of weekends away for the end of this month and next month.

We tend to think and think about things and then it’s all action!!

Mary,my husband is another whose phone is never switched on.He probably wouldn’t know where it is if I were to ask him??I hope you are having a restful day after yesterday’s awful hospital visit?

Thoughts with Grandmattie and harri and all with struggles?

Mapleleaf Tue 12-Oct-21 12:28:51

Just noticed my spelling mistake, should be Alnmouth ?

joyce6135 Tue 12-Oct-21 11:22:01

Morning all from a sunny East Northants. I haven’t posted for a while but delighted to see Marydoll back with her entertaining novellas! Like many other GN’s I slept badly last night so a restful day today methinks. Wishing you all a peaceful day, thinking of those with health issues and worries. Stay safe all.

Georgesgran Tue 12-Oct-21 10:55:10

P.S. - Alnmouth, which is very pretty, was the first subject of an on-going series about Villages by the Sea. It was interesting and informative.

Georgesgran Tue 12-Oct-21 10:53:18

Good morning from a wet Durham - our Indian Summer has stopped abruptly.
Absolutely love Dunstanburgh - Bamburgh is spectacular but the former so atmospheric.
Busy day yesterday trawling around car showrooms with DD2, but no further forward. Flowers and fizz later for a friend’s birthday - she’s 66 - just a young ‘un! Relieved harri is getting some assistance. ? X

Mapleleaf Tue 12-Oct-21 10:46:33

Every day is a school day FannyCornforth - I didn’t know that Val McDermid once lived in Almouth ?.

Dogsmakemesmile Tue 12-Oct-21 10:41:03

Drizzling here in Scottish Borders though better weather forecast. Still thinking about our lovely day to Kelso yesterday. We actually looked at properties in Kelso on line and thought about organising a viewing but the property is already under offer. But exciting thing to think about.
Just made broccoli soup. No idea about tea. Already had elevenses but might have another. Best wishes to all especially those with health or family problems.

Marydoll Tue 12-Oct-21 10:39:13

They did get blood eventually from my hand, that's all that mattered as it was an urgent appt. I was covered in plasters, as I'm a bleeder. I did laugh at the irony of that!
It's a minor thing in the larger scheme of things, so many on here have so much more to deal with and never complain.

Baubles, beautiful pictures. I'm envious.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 12-Oct-21 10:32:00

Good Morning all from Drizzly Scarborough, we are enjoying a coffee while waiting for the weather to dry a bit so we can hit the shops!! Yesterday we were a bit late setting off, delivering bits to DD2 then delivering the dog to DD1. We stopped in Thirsk, a lovely market town for lunch, then in Thornton - le- Dale for afternoon tea. SIL looking good, haven't seen her for over a year, but she went out bowling most of the evening (she's out bowling today)
Delighted to see Marydoll back but sad you are having so many problems

Have a great day folks!

aggie Tue 12-Oct-21 10:22:43

Good Morning all , still mild and dull here , I hope grannySomerset can keep herself and OH warm , and harrigran gets help
Marydoll they try to get blood from my left arm , I tell them my best vein is my right arm , but seems they are saving it for when they need it ?..

FannyCornforth Tue 12-Oct-21 10:21:36

Good morning everyone
Mary what a nightmare! My DH never answers his phone either. In fact it’s a miracle if he even has it on him. I hope you have a much better day today.

Thank you to those who’ve posted lovely photos.
Like you Mapleleaf, and others on here, I love the Northumbrian coast.
Alnmouth (or maybe Beadnell…) is my favourite, where coincidentally Val McDermid used to live!

Nothing at all of any interest happening with me today. Car is being serviced, Ocado shop to finalise.
I’m loving this beautiful time of year though.

Thinking of those with difficulties. Have a peaceful day all x

Blossoming Tue 12-Oct-21 10:15:56

Good morning Mick and all from cool and cloudy Lancashire. It rained earlier but is now brightening up. More laundry today to line dry.

I hope you all have the best day you can.

luluaugust Tue 12-Oct-21 10:07:59

Good morning all from a dull W Kent, sun trying to come through but no luck so far. Getting ready for a flying visit from DD1 and OH, first time in two years, excitement levels are high.

Mapleleaf Tue 12-Oct-21 09:57:21

Morning all,

A rather grey and miserable start to the day weather wise, as greyduster says.

Lovely photos, Baubles. I love the Northumberland coast. We’ve had some lovely holidays up there.

Bits and bobs in store today including reading a bit more of the Val McDermid book I’ve started. She writes a good story.

Hope you all have a good day. Take care.

Nannytopsy Tue 12-Oct-21 09:53:16

Marydoll what a dreadful morning! I hope they managed to get some blood?

hollysteers Tue 12-Oct-21 09:32:09

Oops, too much going on here!

hollysteers Tue 12-Oct-21 09:29:12

Good morning Mick and all from a dull Lancashire coast. Now widowed, I sometimes wish the cat could bring me a cup of tea, that would be nice!
Work on house next door, so banging etc, can’t complain as I practise my songs etc. Music club this afternoon and practised yesterday. Going to try a backing on YouTube for the first time.
Pics of my little trip to Port Sunlight Model Village, very nice.
Harrigran GrandMattie ?

Greyduster Tue 12-Oct-21 09:10:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s grey and dreary in South Yorkshire this morning. We had a long day yesterday and I was exhausted by tea time, not helped by tackling the jungle of a flower bed next to our drive, which I have been putting off for too long. Shopping and ironing to do today.
Baubles your photos took me straight back to our holiday in August. The first thing we did when we knew we were going was to book dinner at the Jolly Fisherman?. Good job we did or we wouldn’t have got in!
Hope someone somewhere has some sunshine. Enjoy your day all.

Anniebach Tue 12-Oct-21 08:38:42

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrandmasueUK Tue 12-Oct-21 08:31:47

Good morning all from a dry Greater Manchester. Only plans are sorting kitchen cupboards with my tetris ability. I can't get down easily to the bottom ones or up high to the top ones. The middle ones should be a breeze though!
Have a peaceful day. Thoughts go out to those with troubles and ills. thanks ??

Gingster Tue 12-Oct-21 08:30:17

Good morning all and it’s chilly here but calm and dry here in Essex.

One of the twin gs’s has Covid - he doesn’t feel too bad but I expect it will spread through the household. His brother shares a bedroom with him so not much hope for him not getting it.

Lots of really bad colds doing the rounds with everyone saying’ ‘never had such a bad cold’. I’m keeping clear. ?

Bridge club this afternoon and I’ll finish my book club book sometime today.

Lovely pics baubles. This is such a beautiful country.

Keep well, all ????

BlueSapphire Tue 12-Oct-21 08:27:05

Good morning everyone from a dull and overcast ☁ Northampton. Glad I got the grass cut yesterday.

A friend phoned yesterday to say she'd been "pinged", and was just warning me to be on the look-out. She had apparently been exposed to Covid last Monday, 8 days ago, and I was with her on the next day. However, I have had no symptoms and neither has she, and I tested negative on Saturday. She is planning on isolating the rest of this week. Shall do another test this morning, and I have just sent for another pack of tests.

Not much planned for today; will probably change the bedding, and have a tidy round. May put the fruit to soak overnight for my Christmas cakes, then I can bake them tomorrow.

Lovely photos baubles; love Dunstanburgh castle, happy memories of a holiday with DH in Northumberland....

Have a good day everyone.

Jaxjacky Tue 12-Oct-21 08:23:37

Stunning pictures baubles thank you.

Kim19 Tue 12-Oct-21 08:11:35

Morning all from here in the north. Haven't nose peeked the curtains yet but daylight is beginning to break through. Highlight of my day will be having double jabs around lunchtime. Don't think I'm going to share if I have any adverse effects. My friends and family have done this and,, for the first time ever, I feel a little bit nervous. Remainder of day will be pampered self indulgence. That's my excuse anyway! Hope everyone finds their personal high today.

kittylester Tue 12-Oct-21 08:09:04

Good morning all from a grey North Leicestershire.

Not much happening here today which is good as yesterday was very busy one way and another. We are the delivery point for stuff for the village library and, apparently, there is something coming today but that looks like the only excitement.

Sending love and strength to all who need it.