Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk.

(1001 Posts)
soop Thu 14-Oct-21 12:58:04

Help! The old kitchen door is locked. I'm wandering hither and thither like a lost soul. Has a new kitchen been opened please? I hate being this side of the door.

Blossoming Fri 12-Nov-21 13:24:25

Oh no, poor Soop! I hope things improve this afternoon. I shouldn’t imagine she’d be fit for home if she isn’t going to theatre until 3pm.

Marydoll Fri 12-Nov-21 13:08:19

Kalu I have sent you an email.

Pantglas2 Fri 12-Nov-21 13:00:38

Just popping in to up the numbers so that Soop comes back to a new kitchen ? and wish her all the best this afternoon ?

Marydoll Fri 12-Nov-21 12:53:23

Soop has just phoned me. She is going to theatre at 3pm. She has had an awful time. Even if she is allowed home tonight, it will be too risky to drive home in the dark and awful weather. Trying to sort something out. She will message me later.

Kalu Fri 12-Nov-21 11:10:13

Hoping the medics can sort you out dear Soop. Everything crossed for a positive outcome for you. ???

brook2704 Fri 12-Nov-21 11:05:05

That’s good news Urms hope L’il Miss is feeling much better soon

mumofmadboys Fri 12-Nov-21 11:00:53

Hope all goes smoothly for you Soop x

MayBeMaw Fri 12-Nov-21 10:43:26

Good news Urmstongran there are some evil cold/flu type bugs around but however unpleasant, this is still a reassuring result.
Blossoming you make me feel very guilty- weight gain, sedentary lifestyle, enjoying all the “wrong foods” blushblush
?? to you for grasping the nettle.

Blossoming Fri 12-Nov-21 09:57:59

Good news on the PCR test.

Urmstongran Fri 12-Nov-21 09:51:10

I too think the kitchen is busier than it used to be. Just as comforting and friendly though.

Urmstongran Fri 12-Nov-21 09:49:34

Good news. The PCR est was negative. Mum hoping to be able to take her to see a doctor this afternoon, before another night ... and the weekend.

kittylester Fri 12-Nov-21 09:46:53

If we don't get a new kitchen started before we hear from soop then her news will be at the end of the old one.

Blossoming Fri 12-Nov-21 09:44:31

I do think the kitchen is busier these days. Some nasty bugs going round Urms, hope the little one is soon on the mend.

Best wishes to soop, hope there’s some positive news.

Charleygirl5 Fri 12-Nov-21 09:39:10

soop will be returning tomorrow- sore, uncomfortable but hopefully with some good news.

Grannmarie I managed 9 hours last night but I was up to the loo I think twice. Seriously I have no idea how I manage it because I do next to nothing here. Admittedly my brain is not in overdrive with problems thankfully.

baubles Fri 12-Nov-21 08:41:27

Just popped in to give soop my warmest wishes, my thoughts are with you dear lady. Sending a virtual hug. thanks

Nannytopsy Fri 12-Nov-21 07:43:09

She does sound poorly Urms. Ours had a cough a while ago which lasted ages, but she tested negative.

Urmstongran Fri 12-Nov-21 07:40:17

What a good idea kitty! When you think, this thread was started on 14 October and it’s 14 November this Sunday. A thousand posts in a month! Is this usual or has soops become busier do you all think?

Awaiting the PCR result for L’il Miss who was poorly last night, coughing and burning up. Mum took her into bed with them so she could keep a better eye on her. She’s off with her today and will take her to the doctor so someone can listen to her chest. I’m relieved mummy is staying with her. It’s a big responsibility looking after a poorly four year old.

I’ve said I’ll go over mid morning though to provide some company and take coffees for a caffeine hit for the shattered mum!

Nannytopsy Fri 12-Nov-21 07:40:17

Kitty we haven’t seen her since Saturday, so I think we are ok. No symptoms.

kittylester Fri 12-Nov-21 06:50:30

I think we should try hard to get a new kitchen underway before soop gets back.

kittylester Fri 12-Nov-21 06:49:29

It's all going on here even with out soop.

Good luck to your DD Topsy and I too hope your DGD gets no worse. Do you now need a test? Hope Li'l Miss is ok*urms*.

Personally, I think giving up cake for any reason is a bit extreme!

Hoping to hear good news from soop. TOYA

Nannytopsy Fri 12-Nov-21 00:30:03

? for soop!
DGD (5) has Covid but her only symptom is a sore mouth. I hope it stays that way. The maternity unit is so stretched that Mum still has to go to work with frequent PCRs.
DD has reached the scans and injections stage of IVF - its all getting very real now.
Night night everyone. Sleep tight ?

Blossoming Thu 11-Nov-21 23:56:31

We can give up cake together Urmstongran smile

Grannmarie Thu 11-Nov-21 22:51:12

Hoping and praying that all has gone well for Soop today and that she can rest now.
Fingers crossed ?for Li'l Miss, poor wee lamb.
Dogs, Granddog and I do enjoy a digestive or three.. and it's a fight when I try to brush his teeth, even though his tooth paste is liver flavoured!
Charleygirl may I sign up for your sleep tutorial?? I get off to sleep fine, after reading awhile, but often wake very early, then toss and turn and worry....
8 solid hours would be wonderful!
TOYA, NNGB. ???

Charleygirl5 Thu 11-Nov-21 22:34:58

BladeAnnie I do not know what you are feeding Duncan but please may I have some too? He really does look handsome. Does he realise he has a fan club?

I do hope that the rootling around has been successful and soop is given good news for a change.

I slept for around 8 solid hours last night with not even a trip to the loo. I intend to have a repeat performance shortly. I can give lessons next week if anybody is interested?

SueDonim Thu 11-Nov-21 22:29:29

First of all, I hope all has gone well for Soop today and that she has reassuring news.

I hope the PCR test is negative, Urmston. My GD has had several. She’s been v accepting but if it’s nose-only now, that’ll be a whole lot easier. Though hopefully she won’t need any more!

I’ve been down to see the 5wo Chonky Baby - my goodness, he’s getting heavy! We’re getting nice smiles now and he’s stretching his sleep times at night so it’s going in the right direction. I must say, dd1 looks positively blooming, which is lovely to see!

I’ve been gathering Xmas presents together, as I need some to be ready in two weeks time and others in four weeks time. I seem to have bought myself a handbag, too. How odd! grin

Peaceful dreams, everyone. Xx

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion