Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk.

(1000 Posts)
soop Thu 14-Oct-21 12:58:04

Help! The old kitchen door is locked. I'm wandering hither and thither like a lost soul. Has a new kitchen been opened please? I hate being this side of the door.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 13:02:55

Fussin' with the cushions. Empty chairs. No activity just now. PLEASE will you lovely lot pile in and put some joy into our new gathering place. I am missing you.

Jaxjacky Thu 14-Oct-21 13:05:14

Old one still open, just…988 comments on it.

Charleygirl5 Thu 14-Oct-21 13:10:37

My apologies- I was so busy looking for the old place I missed the new. I only need a welcome cup of coffee I think.

A dull day here but at least it is dry. I have done zilch, the activity is all in my head.

I am slowly getting through my "to do" list. Eyes tested, waiting for new glasses to come. They were so expensive can I afford to wear them?

Went to the dentist yesterday- Two teeth are rotting but under the gum so the only cure is extraction and as I am not having any problems I want to leave as is and worry about it if and when they do. It is a new dentist, very pleasant but has an accent and speaks very quickly. Birdbrain cannot keep up.
TOYA

muse Thu 14-Oct-21 13:59:27

993 on last kitchen now. Posting mine again. I’ll be back soop.

13:20:20
24 hrs since my last post. Taxi service to the doctors in 1/2 an hour so I’ll be back to finish reading sooo many posts.
ixion. . ??. See I can reach my toes. All that Pilates has come in useful.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 14:27:52

All together now...
Here we are again
happy as can be,
all good friends
and jolly good company.

Thank you for putting up with me. I do not deserve you lot. Certainly not when I mess up big time with the kitchen change over. wine brew cupcake flowers smile

Baggs Thu 14-Oct-21 14:52:57

Hello everybody! Just bookmarking this, so to speak, for future reference.

Baggy news? Still working on the current temari. Got some new parts for my chain saw delivered this afternoon but it's currently raining quite hard so using it will have to wait.

brook2704 Thu 14-Oct-21 15:05:59

Thank you for the lovely welcome buffet soop you do spoil us lot so much! It was good to see the new kitchen open nice and early, thank you
We’ve just dropped off DGC back home for a couple of hours, but they’re both coming back later for a sleepover. DD2 has an early start tomorrow as she’s travelling to Glasgow early in the morning for a work meeting. In the meantime I’m enjoying a rest with a cuppa, a shortbread biscuit and a catch up on here!

Blossoming Thu 14-Oct-21 15:16:42

Thank you Soop, a cushion for my poorly foot is very welcome today. Mr. B is currently serving coffee and Hobnobs, plenty to go round.

Grandmajean Thu 14-Oct-21 15:22:51

Hello - have found the new kitchen !
DH playing golf, casserole in oven so am having a lazy afternoon.
Message for Grandmafrench and anyone else dithering over "Hollington Drive" - will watch final episode now have come this far but not the greatest.
Blossoming I damaged a tendon last year. You must rest the foot. I limped on and it took a very long time to heal.

Grandmabatty Thu 14-Oct-21 16:14:22

Nice to be in the new kitchen. I had a lovely Italian meal last night and have been excessively lazy today so I'll join you Grandmajean.
Blossoming look after that foot.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 16:46:35

Charleyg By gum, when we reach a mature age, all our bits and bobs do their damnest to present us with the occasional buggeration. Be gentle with yourself. Those teeth in particular.

Grandmajean 'Hollington Drive' hmm It's passable. 'Guilt' is by far better written and acted.

brook You are a trooper. flowers

Baggs We love catching up with your news. You are a very talented lady.

I am very pleased with the shaggy dog portrait. It will be mounted and framed in good time for our neighbour's birthday.

Hellogirl1 Thu 14-Oct-21 16:47:42

This new kitchen is lovely and cosy, just right for a day like today. Can I just get near the fire for a minute please, just to thaw my fingers out?

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 16:48:30

Grandmabatty Did you have tiramusu. Forgotten the spelling. I'm sure that you will know what I mean.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 16:50:11

Tirimasu Maybe?

Grandmajean Thu 14-Oct-21 16:50:49

Haven't heard of "Guilt" - will have a look.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 16:52:51

Tiramicu most likely wink
Whatever, it's delicious.

soop Thu 14-Oct-21 16:57:36

Grandmajean The previous series was extremely clever and entertaining. The new series has just started.

We haven't been able to access our emails today. Has anyone else had problems?

Must away. Thank you for being kind and not berating me for messing up the opening of our new kitchen. blush

Until we meet again. Please take very good care of yourselves and those whom you love. smile moon

Grandmabatty Thu 14-Oct-21 17:07:51

Soop I didn't have tiramisu. I had ice cream with amaretto liqueur and chocolate sauce. It was very nice.

Susan56 Thu 14-Oct-21 17:23:00

What a lovely warm,welcoming new kitchen.

We have had a week that has been far more busy than we like so I will just find a quiet corner, a warm blanket and will have a nap if thats ok?

DH has been referred to the surgeons re his hernia.The trigger finger will have to get worse before it will be treated?

Grandmabatty, I feel quite envious of your Italian meal.DD and I have been hankering after an Italian meal for a couple of weeks but haven’t managed to coordinate our diaries as yet.

Off to Stafford tomorrow to look after B.DD has just messaged to say we don’t need to be there until 12 as he is having a morning at the nursery he will be starting after half term so no 4.45 start for us?

TOYA

Urmstongran Thu 14-Oct-21 18:58:32

‘Evening All’.

Lovely to be in your new kitchen soops.
Amongst friends. Cosy & comforting as always. x

Jaxjacky Thu 14-Oct-21 19:02:12

Hi, I’m cream crackered , three drives today for Covid boosters, all involved three wheeled machinery and delightful clients, one of 95, a lovely lady.
Off to the library, farm shop, then a call, said lady had left her purse in the back of my car, duly delivered to a very grateful person.
Charley not sure where you got your glasses, if you can next time, try Asda, they are by far not only the cheapest, but v good too. I don’t blame you for hanging on to your teeth, I’d be the same.
We’ve given up on Hollington Drive after two attempts Grandmajean, but looking forward to Guilt later.
Good your happy with your portrait soop and I’m sure you’re neighbour will be delighted too.
muse taxi to Dr???
Bkossoming pampering necessary for poorly ankles ?
Take care all x

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 14-Oct-21 19:26:53

Good evening soop and co. Thank you for the new kitchen. Baggs what do you use the chain saw for? Carving wooden sculptures? It sounds fascinating. Blossoming ankles are tricky things .I hope you make a swift and complete recovery. Lovely day here. Tomorrow supposed to be cold but sunny. I do enjoy these autumn days. Went out for a few hours today. Wonderful to meet people and hear about their lives. Had become horribly insular at times. Already in bed! Going to watch another episode of Ridley Road. Have a good evening everyone.

Blossoming Thu 14-Oct-21 19:34:10

Chocolate ice cream is medicinal, isn’t it?

Jaxjacky Thu 14-Oct-21 19:47:28

Oh definitely Blossoming especially for poorly ankles, double helpings in fact ? x

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion