Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 21st October 2021

(49 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 21-Oct-21 06:00:12

Good Morning Everyone,
From a dark and wet start here in brackley this morning.
My usual day of going on the bus to Bicester , hopefully no situations involving the journey there .
But usual coffee plus in my bakery cafe, then a small shop prior to coming home .
Will be watching the world cycling track championships unfold to see if tam GB get medals .
Take Care,
Mick

Curlywhirly Thu 21-Oct-21 13:18:26

I don't often post, but do read this thread most days. Just wanted to offer my condolences to Harrigran after reading the sad news she shared with us yesterday. Take care Harrigran thanks

Blossoming Thu 21-Oct-21 11:19:16

Good morning all from bright, sunny Lancashire, where it’s currently 8°C. There’s a fresh breeze, such a change from the soggy rainy weather! Today Mr. B is taking me to Morrison’s, such an exciting life I lead. After all the (still unresolved) problems I have changed my nominated pharmacy to the one inside Morrison’s. The store has just had a major revamp so I will take the opportunity to have a look round. I have hung all the laundry out so the shopping trip will probably use up the rest of my ‘spoons’.

Thinking of harrigran after yesterday’s shocking news. I hope the promised bed arrives GrannySomerset.

Have the best day you can, wishing for some respite for all with troubles. May we all find a few ??? today.

EkwaNimitee Thu 21-Oct-21 11:11:20

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. It was dark when I got up so didn't raise the blinds, therefore when I got downstairs I was surprised by a clear sky and a perfect full moon hanging between the two houses behind me. I was even more surprised to go out an hour later and find my car windscreen well iced up, the temperature being only 3C. When I went to bed on Tuesday night, it was 17C at 11pm so quite a change. Time to turn off and drain the outside tap.
I went out on my fortnightly trip to Sainsburys for a top up between my Tesco deliveries. The top up gets bigger as the deliveries get lighter due to stuff I wanted getting increasingly unavailable. What one store hasn't, the other usually has. Not worried though, starvation isn't imminent. I'm more concerned about the possibility of DS2 not being allowed out of or back into Australia over Christmas due to the increasing covid cases. We've bought our air/train tickets and are keeping fingers crossed.

My thoughts are with you harrigran, I hope you have your family around you.

Auntieflo Thu 21-Oct-21 10:39:55

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
Had a disturbed night. Maybe it was the curry. My digestion tends more to the very bland these days.

Harrigran and her family are in my thoughts. Hoping you have a stress free day.
GrandMattie, never mind the day mix up, it happens a lot here.
Sorry to hear that your DH is in hospital Greyduster.
We are waiting in for a roof surveyor, and have no idea of when he will come. I did wonder whether he phoned while I was on the phone, for 15 minutes, trying to get a chemo blood test arranged.
Then a chap is coming to pick up a card table that we no longer use.
So, a bit of a nothing day ahead. DH is just going to make a 'noise', music going on, . I will sit and do a bit of knitting, and be lazy, after hanging out the washing in the cold sunshine.

nanaK54 Thu 21-Oct-21 10:28:36

Good morning, don't usually post here, just wanted to offer my sincere condolences to harrigran, sending kindest thoughts to you and your family flowers

dustyangel Thu 21-Oct-21 10:25:31

God morning everyone from a bright sunny Algarve, only 18° at the moment which struck me as chilly when I hung washing out. Don’t worry I know that’s ridiculous! grin

It’s a day of waiting around for us as we too have a mattress being delivered today, oh DH has just come off the phone and said that it should be delivered “no later than 11.30am.” I haven’t read all the posts to see how Kitty and her husband have got on with their mattress but I do hope we sleep well on ours.

BlueSapphire Thu 21-Oct-21 09:54:58

I have only just seen the post about dear harrigran's DH; my sincere and deepest condolences at this sad time. flowersflowers

Grammaretto Thu 21-Oct-21 09:51:58

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. Bright, very cold and sunny 3°C
I hope Harrigran has her loving family around her.
I hope to see my DGC today, they are staying with their other DGP who have invited me for a cuppa this afternoon. I was trying to get the ballet cardigan knitted ready for the first class after half-term but I don't think it will be.

OD back in Blighty Ash will this be for the winter or just a short break?

I hope you get MrGD home soon Greyduster
and that the bed arrives at your house Grannysomerset

We had one for DH and it was wonderful. I have videos of the wee DGC making it go up, down, high, low and back all on it with grandpa
and Dragonfly I hope DH is OK.

Have the best day you can everyone

Nannagarra Thu 21-Oct-21 09:47:32

Hope your DH is soon home and on the mend Greyduster.

Urmstongran Thu 21-Oct-21 09:41:40

X posts GrannySomerset. Hope all goes well today and you get sorted. It’s been very stressful for you and hopefully you will get chance to recharge your batteries. x

Urmstongran Thu 21-Oct-21 09:37:12

Special thoughts with you harri this morning.

It’s beautiful here today what a nice surprise - most unexpected. It really doesn’t do sometimes to look at the weather forecast! ‘Just open the curtains’ says Himself ‘and take it from there’. I like to remember there’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothes!

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we’re lunching out with my stepfather today. He chooses where we go and it’s the restaurant at Sale Water Park today, so it’ll be rib eye steak for me!

Pleased to hear Olddudders is back in England Ashcombe at your gaff! They do say absence makes the heart grow fonder. ?

Glad you’re feeling so much better now GG13 on your magic medications. Glad all those PCR’s were negative NannyJan such a relief I imagine. Marydoll glad you had a productive and yet enjoyable admin afternoon.

hulahoop Thu 21-Oct-21 09:30:38

Harrigran?

Nannagarra Thu 21-Oct-21 09:29:31

Good morning from the north west. The sun is enhancing the autumn hues as I look out.
Picked up DGD from school yesterday. She coughed and coughed but has twice tested negative. Together we had fun making a lemon mug cake. Her brother gave it the thumbs up when he arrived with daddy to collect her. It’s the cake taster’s birthday soon so, of course, the pull back cars bought for him have had to be checked in advance. ? ? ?
Thinking of harrigran and sending a supportive hug.
Have the best day you can everyone. ?? ?

Sar53 Thu 21-Oct-21 09:09:06

Best wishes for your DH Greyduster and hope he is home with you soon xx.

GrannySomerset Thu 21-Oct-21 09:08:18

Awaiting details of when a hospital bed for DH will arrive. Don’t want to take down the one he is using until certain that there will be a replacement! Need help with the dismantling but can’t find a suitable neighbour until I know when that will be. Grrr!

Great news, Ashcombe and delighted by the sound of Marydoll’s Dollie who is clearly a future star. Have a good day, all.

Mapleleaf Thu 21-Oct-21 08:44:35

Good morning all,

It’s a brighter and drier morning today, though still chilly.

Pleased to hear that OD made it home after such a long journey, Ashcombe.

Hope your DH is soon out of hospital, Greyduster.

Pilates for me this morning then I’ve no idea what I’ll be doing.

Take care.

Pittcity Thu 21-Oct-21 08:42:37

Good morning from a brightening but cold Colchester. Last night's storm consisted of one almighty thunderclap and plenty of wind and rain. It seems to have cleared the warm, humid weather.
I am doing an extra day charity shop volunteering today as somebody is ill. Jay's online quiz with family tonight.
Thinking of and sending love to all x

GrannyGravy13 Thu 21-Oct-21 08:42:09

Greyduster I hope your DH is home and on the mend soon flowers

NannyJan53 Thu 21-Oct-21 08:27:43

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

My PCR test came back negative this morning! Only went for the test at 11am yesterday. DD her DH and eldest DGD were negative too. So just the 10 year old DGD, who luckily is only mildly affected.

Having a video call this morning with Niece as she is 30 today! It is evening in Brisbane, so her birthday is almost over!

Pleased that Olddudders made it back safely Ashcombe

Thinking of harrigran and hope she is surrounded by her family flowers

Marydoll Thu 21-Oct-21 08:19:26

Greyduster, sorry to hear about your husband. ?

dragonfly46 Thu 21-Oct-21 08:18:18

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

We are anxiously awaiting the result of my DH’s PCR test. He has been quite poorly since we got back from Brighton. We are hoping it is just a bad cold.

Pleased to hear OldDudders made it back.
My thoughts are with Harrigran and sending lots of love.

Anniebach Thu 21-Oct-21 08:17:05

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Thu 21-Oct-21 08:15:28

Good morning Michael and all GNs. It’s brightening in South Yorkshire but the rain sounded like hailstones at five o’clock this morning. I am a house guest of my DD at the moment as DH is in hospital. We are hoping they will let him come home today??. It’s lovely being here but she won’t let me lift a finger so I feel a bit like a spare part.
Ash I’m glad OldD is home and dry??.
Loving thoughts to you, Harri?

Marydoll Thu 21-Oct-21 08:14:17

Good morning Mick and all from a chilly Glasgow, its only 3°C. A special mention to Harri and her family. I was so shocked and saddened to read her news yesterday, just after she had posted it.

I had a very productive day yesterday , doing all my admin. I eventually got my head round the new paperwork, made and received lots of calls, which resulted in MrMDoll having a nag free afternoon. ?
My head was birling at the end of it. I hadn't realised how much I missed human contact, albeit only by phone, until I chatted to people yesterday.

We received a hilarious video of Dollie showing off her new pierced ears. I replied, saying I was shocked, that I didn't get mine pierced until I was twenty eight years old ( it's a family joke) and I would be speaking to her daddy about it.
I then received another video, which was an impersonation of me ranting about the earrings. She then pulled off the earrings, which were actually stickers. MrMdoll was in stitches, as he said she had me to a T, right down to the accent, intonation and hand gestures. She is a wicked, little minx!!!

Another day in for me, a small supply of injections has been sourced and is being delivered, so I can stop fretting about that for another few weeks. I need to receive them in person, but it has worked out well, as other parcels are expected.

Good luck with the bloods, Beechnut. It is a worry awaiting results, but better to get them done, than not. I had a gap of eight months between mine, instead of three and had started to catastrophise, thinking something untoward would be missed.

Sar hope the doctors get to the bottom of things with your granddaughter, such a worry for you all.
For those seeing little 'uns today enjoy!
Ash, you must be on cloud nine!

Have the best day you can folks.

farview Thu 21-Oct-21 08:10:43

harrigran...so very sad to hear about your husband...my condolences and much love ???