Gransnet forums

Chat

Empty glasses.

(40 Posts)
Mollybest1 Thu 21-Oct-21 11:43:57

Your outside a pub having a drink and your bus turns up. Is it ok to leave your empty glasses on the table ?

MissAdventure Mon 25-Oct-21 11:18:39

Honestly, don't worry about it.
I have worked in pubs and restaurants, and just collected up any glasses I found without a second thought.
They all get emptied out, whether they're full, have fag ends in them or whatever.
It's not an issue.

Mollybest1 Mon 25-Oct-21 10:38:01

MerylStreep

If your having anxiety attacks, why did you buy the drink knowing you had a bus coming?

We had half hour before the bus was due.

Mollybest1 Mon 25-Oct-21 10:36:51

JaneJudge

I once cut myself on some glasses someone had left outside the pub

Sorry, I hope you are better now.

Mollybest1 Mon 25-Oct-21 10:35:30

f77ms

Laterunner

I can't believe I've wasted time reading this thread. Stopped at first page. If that's all you have to worry about you should try my life!!

My thoughts exactly!

I hope things get better for you, sending good wishes.

Lexisgranny Mon 25-Oct-21 07:56:22

Mollybest anyone who has ever suffered from anxiety or known anyone who has, will entirely understand the way you have been feeling although it might seem like a very minor thing to some people. The lack of empathy shown by some posters is appalling, as MissAdventure so rightly said, ignore them.

I wonder if you have tried using a cd of soothing or calming music specially designed for anxiety when you feel these attacks coming on, it may help.

MissAdventure Mon 25-Oct-21 07:24:48

Mollybest,
You haven't caused any disagreement.
Some here could cause an argument in an empty room, so just ignore them.
I do hope you're feeling better, and don't be put off posting again.
flowers

f77ms Mon 25-Oct-21 06:58:55

Laterunner

I can't believe I've wasted time reading this thread. Stopped at first page. If that's all you have to worry about you should try my life!!

My thoughts exactly!

Mollybest1 Mon 25-Oct-21 00:46:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mollybest1 Sun 24-Oct-21 23:30:33

Mollybest1 Sun 24-Oct-21 23:28:11

GillT57 Sat 23-Oct-21 15:29:10

If a pub has tables outside, serves drinks outside, they collect glasses.

Joesoap Sat 23-Oct-21 15:24:33

Wandering in and out,in the way of the staff,also wandering in and out in COVID times is not a good idea.

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 13:40:47

I once cut myself on some glasses someone had left outside the pub

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 13:01:04

My husband has a compulsion for suggesting we steal the glasses hmm we never do because I am not a thief

SueDonim Sat 23-Oct-21 12:52:59

Most cafes/pubs here prefer you to leave your plates, mugs, glasses etc on the table so they know which ones need to be sanitised before the next customer. Of course, outdoors might be different but even in places like Greggs, where you’d normally clear your own table, they now ask you not to do that.

Baggs Sat 23-Oct-21 12:50:24

LovelyLady

It’s COVID time and you’re more at risk returning the glass indoors.

Good point.

icanhandthemback Sat 23-Oct-21 12:40:58

Wow, people shaming anxious people in their posts. If you suffer from anxiety, it can hit in any form not just the things that people think they should be anxious about. You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves.
Mollybest1, I think most people would reassure you that you do not need to worry about this but it does sound like you may need a little help in not overthinking the consequences of this sort of thing. We cannot control everything but as long as you have done your best to minimise consequences, you should not need to think about it any further. I hope the reassurance you get on your post, helps you cope with this issue.

LovelyLady Sat 23-Oct-21 12:13:57

It’s COVID time and you’re more at risk returning the glass indoors.

MerylStreep Sat 23-Oct-21 12:04:59

If your having anxiety attacks, why did you buy the drink knowing you had a bus coming?

Laterunner Sat 23-Oct-21 12:01:48

lemongrove Sat 23-Oct-21 11:59:01

Mollybest1

Thank you. I have been having anxiety attacks about this for 2 years. Mainly the what if sort, what if they fell over and smashed and someone got hurt, sort of things.

Anxiety attacks about leaving your glass?
That’s what pub staff do, clear tables, doesn’t matter if they are outside or inside.

Secondwind Sat 23-Oct-21 11:39:37

Under those circumstances, yes.

Hobbs1 Sat 23-Oct-21 11:36:40

If it’s empty that’s fine, but if you had just replenished your drink, would you leave that…….
Personally I’d take my G and T with me and return the glass the next day ?

Nonogran Thu 21-Oct-21 21:16:31

Not worth even thinking about. That’s what the bar staff are meant to do. Collecting glasses is their job. Kind to take them back yourself but relaaax. Stop thinking about it.

Shelflife Thu 21-Oct-21 20:56:16

Of course it is ok to leave your glass on an outside table. A nice gesture if you can take it inside but pubs don't expect you to do that !