Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 26th October 2021

(53 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 26-Oct-21 06:04:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark , with a dry tart here in Brackley this morning, doing my usual today.
After some housework, I will go and wait for the bus to Bicester , to do my usual coffee and snack plus small shop, and a call into Wetherspoons to see if the beer festival have changed, and then bus home .
Take Care,
Mick
PS : I did watch the programme about Spoons on Sunday , it like many was a repeat .

hollysteers Tue 26-Oct-21 08:44:13

Good morning Mick and all from a wet Lancashire coast. Music club today which I very much enjoy and after that will do some mundane things like fill up with petrol, take books to the railway station ‘library’ etc. Heating on now, love it even though it’s still mild. Facing the Irish Ocean ?as I do, it gets chilly in here.
FaceTimed my DD in the south and told her about trying on a woolly hat with big fur pom Pom everyone wears these days (they don’t suit me) in a designer shop, so not cheap. As I took it off, the pom pom came away in my hand. No one noticed, so I carefully put it back with the others…
Glad your mojo is returning grandmattie and thinking of harrigran
Have a nice Tuesday.

Marydoll Tue 26-Oct-21 09:02:18

Ashcombe, my friend ended up in hospital due to low sodium levels. You were very lucky, your GP was on the ball.

In my friend's case, apparently it was caused by medication she was taking for her stomach.

Jaxjacky Tue 26-Oct-21 09:21:08

Good morning from sunny Hastings, crazy golf and a late lunch with DD and the GC’s on the agenda today.
Ashcombe good job you had the tests, I am a conundrum to my GP as my sodium levels have been lower than ideal for over 7 years, no reason found. I can’t take omeprazole or it’s ilk as it drops it lower, nothing to be done.
Have a lovely day all ??

joyce6135 Tue 26-Oct-21 09:28:25

Good morning everyone, cloudy and dull here. I think a quiet day today, cut the grass yesterday and did a few outstanding jobs, so will watch some tennis this afternoon on Prime. Thoughts are with harrigran and all those with worries and problems, wishing you all a peaceful day. I know I don’t post everyday but I always read the thread. Must say it’s lovely to have Marydoll back.

luluaugust Tue 26-Oct-21 09:33:17

Good morning from sunny W Kent, off today to a special grocers we used to visit frequently. Can't quite believe we are having a proper day out. Best wishes to all

Susan56 Tue 26-Oct-21 09:36:12

A late good morning from Shropshire.I slept in this morning, couldn’t believe the time when I looked at the clock?

We will spend today getting everything packed ready for our nieces wedding.

We moved to this house 15 years ago.We are on the edge of our small market town.We had the intention of walking into town when we bought the house but usually drive.Like mattie we had quite an isolated property before so this was a good move for us.We had thought about downsizing but having seen the plethora of equipment FIL needed in his last illness we think we will stay put just in case.Also we too could decamp downstairs if needed.Also like others we have family staying quite often.Final reason for staying is neither of us can bear the thought of moving again!

Glad your mojo is returning mattie??and thank goodness your GP is on the ball Ash.Hope you start to feel better soon.

The train trip sounds brilliant grandmadinisaur.We will be in that area later in the week but are probably to late to book now.

Have the best day you can everyone and stay safe???

singingnutty Tue 26-Oct-21 09:40:02

Good morning from Retford in Notts. Since the mornings started getting darker we are not properly up and about and breakfasted until after 9. We used to be earlier than that. I like an earlier start to the day as I seem to get more done first thing. Since Lockdown we rarely set an alarm. However, the last few weeks we have got busier - meetings are now in person not on Zoom and singing likewise. We were busy for several weeks helping DS2 and his family move house and they still need a lot of help, but now have Covid, so we can't go to them ATM. DS1 and his family live on the other side of town but he is being supercautious due to his FIL recovering from a major op. Today we are going to do publicity for our Community Choir (Facebook posts, posters etc.) and I shall probably make soup for lunch and we may go out in the garden, weather permitting and do some more tidying. The greenhouse needs cleaning out now all the tomatoes and cucumbers are finished. I shall enjoy watching Bake Off tonight. I have remembered to set it to record so that I can start watching it about half an hour after it actually starts and whizz through the ads.

Urmstongran Tue 26-Oct-21 09:49:53

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s dry and mild. I just emptied the washer and was going to put it on the maiden and saw the soft metal leg was bent. I put the kettle on for a brew and Himself was back up from Sainsbury’s with a new one just as it boiled! Great stuff.

Burford Brown eggs boiled for breakfast now with crumpets (always think of EV when I make them. I’ve got her landline number somewhere - I will find it and perhaps call her later this week). No plans so a shower, hair wash and over to see our smalls. I’ve been invited for lunch the phone went at 9am they get up early in that household! - L’il Miss is happy but full of a cold so the plan today is for her rest up. Such is half term! The Boy Wonder has football practice tonight at least he’ll get a runaround.

EkwaNimitee Tue 26-Oct-21 09:51:35

Good Morning Mick and everyone from dark rainy Carlisle. Definitely not a gardening day as I believe it's due to last some time.
I've been doing a bit of housework already and a bit more to come, then, apart from ironing, that's going to be it for the week.
I've been in my current house 6 months and moved here from a remoter part of Cumbria. Mainly so that I could be more accessible to my family. I can't afford to move near DS1 down south and the Australians won't have me so here I am! It's not quite as convenient as I'd hoped, the bus stops are 10 or 15 minutes walk away depending on which route I go for, and one route only has a bus every two hours. But who's going to go for the bus when they can drive into the centre and easily park within 10 minutes? When I can't drive I shall get a nice big mobility scooter and be the terror of the district. I hate the phrase 'forever home', I like to remain flexible in spirit so, stressful as it is, I'm prepared to move again if circumstances advise.
I hope you are sorted now Ashcombe. Diuretics completely laid me out once though it was the low potassium levels they caused not sodium .
Good to hear you are having better days grandMattie. I hope we all are.

EkwaNimitee Tue 26-Oct-21 09:54:43

I've not seen you before singingnutty, are you new? Greetings if so!

Grammaretto Tue 26-Oct-21 09:54:58

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders.
Like Dragonfly I am still in the big house but with plenty of space for visitors carers. It's very convenient and I have neighbours who are friends so although I have looked into moving, I am not tempted.
Well done grandMattie to move when you did and to be feeling better.

I must finish knitting the bolero/cardigan I'm making for DGD. She wants to wear it on Thursday at Ballet class. Just the ties to do and the ends to sew in.

Have as best day as you can everyone.

Blossoming Tue 26-Oct-21 09:56:01

Good morning Mick and all. It’s currently raining here in Lancashire but is forecast to be dry this afternoon. Mr. B and I will be doing a few jobs in the garden then. We had some good news last night, one of our lovely nieces is engaged to be married. No date yet, something to look forward to.

Enjoy your day, may you find a few ??

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 26-Oct-21 09:57:02

Good morning all from drizzly Harrogate
We moved from Aberdeen 1993/4 to Harrogate to a large 4 bedroomed house with a large garden, which was so convenient for shops, town, trains, buses. We tried to leave our daughters in my flat there, but it didn't take long for them to fly down after us (I wouldn't have it any other way)!
However unbeknown to me DH had been scammed out of a lot of money (which he is still trying to get back) and we were forced to downsize to a small 4 bedroomed bungalow with a far more manageable garden, a small handy Co-op and good buses. Walking is difficult because it's the hilly side of Harrogate, and my breathing is not good. Our drive is very steep, so I hate getting the car in and out of the drive.
Good to hear you are feeling more yourself GrandMattie.
It always amazes me that our DHs forget how we like a good natter Marydoll something we have sorely missed during this pandemic.
Harrigran flowers
Hope everyone has the best day possible

aggie Tue 26-Oct-21 10:16:26

Good morning everyone, overcast with the threat of rain !
I was up early but still sitting in pjs, I blame my iPad ! I’m worse than the kids
We have two lovely Acer trees . I can see the tiny one from my chair
I hope GrannySomerset has got some relief for her backache
marydoll I love a good matter !

aggie Tue 26-Oct-21 10:32:50

Natter !

Susan56 Tue 26-Oct-21 10:47:29

Urms, if you speak to EV please give her my best wishes.I think of her often and hope things are better for her family.

mamaa Tue 26-Oct-21 11:22:25

Good Morning to all, I'm usually a reader rather than a poster on the GM thread but just wanted to say 'hello' and also send along my best wishes too please Urms if you do manage to speak to EV. Thankyou x

AGAA4 Tue 26-Oct-21 11:32:01

Good morning from North Wales. I have just returned from town where I did some shopping for the weekend.

I will spend this weekend with my daughter who is not at all well at the moment. Nursing is a very difficult job now and she has been exhausted for months.
Have a good day everyone.

PollyTickle Tue 26-Oct-21 11:57:05

Good morning, rushing in while it still is, from an overcast Anglesey.
Had a lovely day yesterday when old friends from Cullompton phoned to say they were in the area and we met up for lunch in a well ventilated pub. I was delighted to see them.
Soo much excitement kept me awake until the wee small hours, then slept the sleep of the just until now.
Wishing all you good folk a nice day ?

PollyTickle Tue 26-Oct-21 11:59:44

AGA, hope your daughter feels better soon. Nursing is tough enough but this last two years have drained so many.
I’m sure we’re all more grateful than ever to our wonderful nurses.

PollyTickle Tue 26-Oct-21 12:01:59

Urms, I do hope you get through to EV, please let us know and please send her my very best wishes.

Grandmajean Tue 26-Oct-21 12:19:58

Your post gave me a laugh Hollysteers as I always look longingly at those hats but when I try them on my family fall about laughing ! Think it might be a combination of my age and my small stature that causes the hilarity. I could get huffy but am bigger than that ( not in height )

singingnutty Tue 26-Oct-21 12:32:18

Thanks for the welcome EkwaNimitee. I am not altogether new - I joined a while ago but haven't taken part for a bit. I am thinking that I need to use Facebook less but I do enjoy talking to other people online. Having found this Talk Forum I am really enjoying reading other peoples' posts.

AGAA4 Tue 26-Oct-21 13:07:01

Thank you Polly. I know she would be grateful to feel appreciated.

Marydoll Tue 26-Oct-21 13:58:58

I'm another one, who misses EV. She used to PM me on a regular basis. I liked her no nonsense approach. Please give her my best regards too.

AG, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope, with your support, she will start to feel better soon. I witnessed the stress staff were under, when I ended up in Coronary Care in the middle of of the Pandemic. Family members were also working in Covid ICU.
No matter how short staffed and exhausted they were, they remained professional and treated me with the utmost respect and kindness, which I will never forget and be eternally grateful for.