Gransnet forums

Chat

What has made Gransnet angry this week?

(146 Posts)
GagaJo Wed 01-Dec-21 21:39:51

I'll start!

A child in a covid suit.
Asylum seekers being picked up by the RNLI.

Calistemon Fri 03-Dec-21 15:39:30

Josianne I think our granddog would have that off in a flash and either trot round with it in his mouth, spreading his Covid germs everywhere, or eat it!

Josianne Fri 03-Dec-21 15:45:59

Ooops just in case anyone gets the wrong end of the bone, I was poking fun at the thread about dogs spreading covid. Dogs do NOT spread covid.

GagaJo Fri 03-Dec-21 15:56:39

A festive snipefest! I love it, just words, although idea is fun too.

A bit like an anti-Christmas card.

lemongrove Fri 03-Dec-21 15:59:15

Calistemon

Josianne

The cats and dogs are to blame for spreading covid thread.

Did I miss another fun thread?

Too busy Christmas shopping.

Me too, although it doesn’t sound like fun.

AGAA4 Fri 03-Dec-21 17:09:12

As there are a lot of dogs around where I walk I have ordered a hazmat suit and a . gallon of sanitiser.?

mamaa Fri 03-Dec-21 20:07:59

EV’s lifetime ban- no justification for it at all. Made me so cross- I post rarely as I’ve nothing of interest to say but this really did annoy me…can you tell?

Ali08 Sat 04-Dec-21 04:58:34

1 - When reading the news online, like upday, and you decide to watch one of the short videos with the subject you're reading but can't see a quarter of it because the paper has it's name tile over it - why bother putting the video on?
1 - That that poor little boy Arthur lost his life to such cruel people. That really p'd me off big time!!!!!!
3 - Yes, pop-up adverts over my screen. 99.99% of the time they're nothing I'm remotely interested in!

Ohhhh URMSTON GRAN - what on earth did that poor woman do to get a lifetime ban?
I hope she's come back under another name & email and just hasn't said anything!!

MayBeMaw Sat 04-Dec-21 08:26:06

AGAA4

As there are a lot of dogs around where I walk I have ordered a hazmat suit and a . gallon of sanitiser.?

Whatever for?

Josianne Sat 04-Dec-21 08:49:08

I took it as a joke like the dogs wearing masks! I don't think either was meant seriously. grin

MayBeMaw Sat 04-Dec-21 09:13:01

Phew!
Apologies AAGA4 ?
After infoman s provocative suggestion, I was feeling very protective of our four-legged friends ?

AGAA4 Sat 04-Dec-21 13:40:43

No problem MaybeMaw? I feel the same as you about dogs and am happy they welcome me when I am out walking.

Mollygo Sun 05-Dec-21 13:16:49

Away from dogs, what made me irritated this week was going for new specs. I chose some, tried them, answered the ‘ Do I want varifocals again and what sort? ’ questions, agreed that I could expect to wait 2 weeks then he said,

“Do you want to pay for them now?”
“Oh, can I just put a deposit and pay on collection?”
“No, sorry. If you have varifocals you have to pay up front.”
Grrrrrrrr! Why ask then?

Sarnia Sun 05-Dec-21 17:39:04

Calistemon

Kate1949

Knowing that there are still people out there abusing and terrorising children (little Arthur).

Yes indeed.
And the short sentences these people get for crimes against children.

? that may change now, thanks to little Tony.

And the step-mother refusing to appear in court for the verdict. Just pick her up and take her. Why does she have a choice? She made damn sure Arthur didn't.

Yammy Sun 05-Dec-21 17:43:26

MaizieD

Also the way the Gnet site keeps timing out and going AWOL angry

I thought it was only my computer. GN often will not even load.

sodapop Sun 05-Dec-21 17:58:00

Same here Maizie just had to access GN in a very roundabout way after trying for most of the afternoon. Then several attempts at posting before being successful grrrr.

Calistemon Sun 05-Dec-21 17:59:52

Yammy

MaizieD

Also the way the Gnet site keeps timing out and going AWOL angry

I thought it was only my computer. GN often will not even load.

My suspicious mind makes me think that GN is struggling and we'll all be exported to MN before long.

The Error message happens every day now and the site is so sloooooooow ?

sodapop Sun 05-Dec-21 18:15:38

Must admit I have been thinking along those lines lately Calistemon . I don't want to use the MN site though.
That only took 20 tries to post.

Calistemon Sun 05-Dec-21 18:27:26

At least it only appeared once sodapop ?

Musicgirl Fri 10-Dec-21 20:24:04

Pleased to see EllenVannan back on a thread today.

lemongrove Fri 10-Dec-21 20:28:47

Yes, well done to GNHQ cupcake wine for them.tchsmile