Gransnet forums

Chat

Smoking weed

(221 Posts)
annsixty Fri 03-Dec-21 17:46:36

This is a very bold question posed after reading an answer on another thread.

Do/have you ever smoked cannabis and did you like it?

I was watching a tv programme recently where people got very silly smoking it and I shocked my GD by remarking I would quite like a puff to see what it was like.

stayanotherday Sat 27-Aug-22 18:58:10

Irresponsible junkies.

Callistemon21 Fri 26-Aug-22 15:31:16

Spam
Reported

GloriaH Fri 26-Aug-22 15:10:33

Yeah, I have always thought that it's a bad habit but then I tried to smoke this garanimals strain after reading some reviews on askgrowers.com/strains/garanimals-strain-review and www.leafly.com/strains/garanimals and now I'm obsessed with it, as it helps me feel better and more relaxed as well.

GloriaH Mon 22-Aug-22 18:11:38

Yeah, I have always thought that it's a bad habit but then I tried to smoke this garanimals strain after reading some reviews on askgrowers.com/strains/garanimals-strain-review and www.leafly.com/strains/garanimals and now I'm obsessed with it, as it helps me feel better and more relaxed as well.

AreWeThereYet Fri 29-Jul-22 18:20:47

Of course - what sort of teenager didn't try it?

You tell me. What sort of teenager would that be?

I didn't. To the best of my knowledge none of my close friends or family did either, although I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of my brothers tried something at some point, but not on a regular basis. Why do so many people think that because they and their friends do something it's the norm and everyone is doing it? We had a similar comment on our local Facebook page when one of the mothers complained about all the teenage boys taking over the new children's park where they would sit and smoke pot.

alexiie Fri 29-Jul-22 17:30:25

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

henetha Tue 12-Jul-22 12:05:20

PS. To be honest, I have wondered if it would help my back pain. But I still think it's something not to get into.

henetha Tue 12-Jul-22 12:04:12

No. I've got more sense.

annodomini Tue 12-Jul-22 10:40:50

No - never. I know my sons used it as teenagers, but are vehemently against their own children taking it up. I detest the idea of any mind-altering substance which now includes alcohol.

nanna8 Tue 12-Jul-22 09:25:14

My kids used to smoke using a plastic drink bottle as a bong so I tried it then. Couldn’t see what the fuss was about. The only thing I noticed was I lost all sense of time but it was burning on my chest when I inhaled it so I never did it again. I should add that they were all over 18 when I tried it! None of them smoke it now I am pleased to say.

SamyilLoset Tue 12-Jul-22 09:21:22

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

PECS Fri 08-Apr-22 09:11:31

Yes? but not after I had children & whilst they were living with us.
Did again once DDs left home but it was not the same so not for a long while now but do have CBD oil.

Audi10 Thu 07-Apr-22 18:32:00

Never have , never will, doesn’t appeal to me at all

Pepper59 Thu 07-Apr-22 14:47:19

No and wouldn't touch it. Unless there was a medical reason. As it is I don't smoke.

Witzend Thu 07-Apr-22 13:47:22

Only once, when a student. It was given to me by future dh - I didn’t much care for it.

At 80 my mother smoked a tiny little spliff on a Caribbean beach. It was procured for her by Very Bad dds, who’d told her she had to try everything once.

It was soon after after dark, she’d already had a couple of rum cocktails, was laughing helplessly, and saying she didn’t know what on earth her neighbours would say.

Shortly after we returned home there was a family wedding where ‘Granny smoked a spliff on the beach!’ went round the room like wildfire - together with much mirth.

Robertos Thu 07-Apr-22 13:36:38

rikkon Wed 09-Feb-22 15:27:52

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Bella56 Tue 01-Feb-22 18:31:50

Yes, I recently tried Snoop Dog weed. All I can say is stay away it is so powerful. I could not move my arms or legs, and my heart was pumping so hard I thought it would come through my chest. It literally made me sick. No wonder this guy looks and speaks the way he does, his brains are fried from his weed.

wildswan16 Mon 31-Jan-22 10:14:49

Reported

AkaRasty Mon 31-Jan-22 09:24:44

Saetana Wed 15-Dec-21 03:37:09

deedee27 - Please don't spread misconceptions - cannabis in the UK is NOT cut with tobacco, why on earth would anyone do that? Some people smoke their cannabis without tobacco, or use it to make edibles, the rest of us are a happy enough adding our own. Where on earth did you get that ridiculous idea from?

Saetana Wed 15-Dec-21 03:33:03

MollyF Shoutout for the acid - had some fantastic trips back in my 20s! Some people are so po-faced about recreational drug use - if it was legal then we wouldn't need to buy from criminals, although I think many people are confusing dealers of hard drugs with those who sell weed, acid etc. I've met hundreds of people who smoke cannabis in my lift - and not ONE of them was offered hard drugs by their dope dealer! Its an urban myth - people who sell heroin and crack do not sell weed, not enough money in it.

MayBee70 Tue 14-Dec-21 18:42:29

Heck. I read that as Buddleja cannabis is implicated in psychotic breakdowns and thought back to one night in my youth when we all decided to try smoking catkins (what was all that about?). But I don’t mean to make light of it as I know several people that have been permanently affected by drug use.

Iam64 Tue 14-Dec-21 18:36:56

Buddleja

Cannabis is implicated in psychotic breakdowns for some people and it affects memory in everyone.

Thanks Buddleja. This is a largely relaxed and positive discussion on the use of cannabis. It does make pain more tolerable but the potential negative impact on mental health shouldn’t be dismissed. It does Impact negatively on memory. It is implicated in psychotic episodes. Some individuals never fully recover

Buddleja Tue 14-Dec-21 14:15:11

Cannabis is implicated in psychotic breakdowns for some people and it affects memory in everyone.