Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 7th December 2021

(69 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 07-Dec-21 05:56:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dark , but dry start here in brackley this morning.
Today will see me catch the bus to Bicester later to do my usual shop ,and have a coffee.
Yesterday , I received the Itinerary for my Xmas trip to the IOW , a slight change to the advertised schedule but only small changes .
Mind you locally it was shown on local BBC that Brackley has an increase of this new variant , so I am also playing safe , go out but self isolate on return.
Take Care,
Mick

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 07-Dec-21 18:39:26

So sorry that you were so misunderstood Marydoll I knew what you meant plus you put up a lovely emoji !
Sorry that you didn’t have the best news yesterday I just popped back in to check up.
Happy Birthday Shelbel.
MrOops safely back from hospital, sore but still hobbling around, apparently unable to iron or hoover for a week! What’s his excuse for the last 50 years though?

Marydoll Tue 07-Dec-21 18:38:50

Thank you both! ??
Those who know me, know that I try to be kind, when I post. I'ts just my sense of humour that is strange!
It's a shame, as I'm sure Ena would find friendship here.

Susan56 Tue 07-Dec-21 18:32:52

Mary, what mattie said ?

grandMattie Tue 07-Dec-21 17:52:34

Oh, Marydoll, it’s such a shame that your efforts to be kind were taken so badly. Put all that to one side - most of us absolutely love you to bits and look forward to hearing from you, whether the news is good or not so good as it was today! Please don’t take umbrage ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Marydoll Tue 07-Dec-21 17:02:46

EnaSharples, I have tried to send you a personal apology, but you have chosen not to receive PMs, so nothing more I can do.

Marydoll Tue 07-Dec-21 16:56:03

Goodness, Ena, you have totally got the wrong end of the stick. I meant that I am boring, not you. I'm so sorry if I offended you, that was never my intention. I just prattle on, and on, and on... and I'm sure I must irritate folks, that is all I meant.

I had thought you may not have wanted to talk publicly about your conditions, I was actually trying to be kind, which I think Jaxjacky was also trying to do.
Sometimes it's good to chat to people who understand and empathise. That was my interpretation of Jaxjacky's post.
Many of us on Gransnet have learned so much about our conditions, by sharing information.

I was feeling pretty low anyway, but now feel one hundred times worse. Time to retreat again. sad

multicolourswapshop Tue 07-Dec-21 16:43:40

It’s 16.30 this afternoon and the darkness has descended here on the east coast of Fife. Thankfully once this household woke up we had good news too personal to share on this site there’s definitely a storm brewing out there and there’s my dear friend from Australia sent me a photo today of her languishing in her outdoor pool saying it’s going to be 40 degrees tomorrow wow that’s hot. I think I prefer the harshness of this weather we have in bonny Scotland at least we can wear cosy clothes and bump the heating up when it becomes cold. Nothing much can be done to cool down except air conditioning and/or a jump in the pool and who can afford that I wonder That’s the tea on, it’s pork chops tonight I’m now salivating. smile

Thank you to those who read my wittering on grin I promise I do have somethings I could be doing winkbut can’t be bothered.

Urmstongran Tue 07-Dec-21 16:16:38

I for one will be happy to see you post regularly on here EnaSharples about anything you like. It’s nice to have you join us. I witter on about all sorts every morning ...
?

Jaxjacky Tue 07-Dec-21 16:11:08

I apologise for upsetting you Ena that was not my intention.

Please do not let this stop you from posting.

EnaSharples Tue 07-Dec-21 15:58:54

That is quite hurtful. I came on here to get away from my ill health and to have a natter about lots of things. I had no intention of boring people with all my ailments. You talk about your troubles everyday Marydoll and now you only want me to talk about mine with you privately in case I bore people. I only mentioned my own ill health once to empathise with you. Then JaxJacky is telling me to start a new thread about my health. I didn't come on here to talk about just my health. I hoped to join the good morning people who seem kind and supportive of everyone, now I'm not so sure.

Jaxjacky Tue 07-Dec-21 14:55:48

Perhaps a new thread for those with similar issues Marydoll and *EnaSharples. It may help with others newly diagnosed, or living with it.

Marydoll Tue 07-Dec-21 13:50:53

Ena Sharples, we can compare notes privately. That way we will bore no-one, discussing our ailments, of which there are many! ?

On a lighter note, my new consultant asked me to confirm my age. I think he was paying me a compliment! Well I hope he was! wink

grandtanteJE65 Tue 07-Dec-21 13:27:08

Good afternoon everyone from the south of Denmark. It is snowing lightly here now.

It isn't because I am lazy that I don't get round to gransnet until now - the daily contact doesn't turn up here until after 12 p.m GMT, which is 1 p.m. here.

Spent the morning getting a parcel ready to send to DD, shopping for the Christmas roast and the joint for New Year's Eve plus various side dishes, contributing to the store's charity (you buy something that will keep until Christmas and pop it in a shopping trolley on the way out. The local church packs boxes for poor families and the store tops up with the things no-one has put in a day or two before Christmas - fresh meat etc)
Came home - reorganised freezer to fit the Christmas foodstuffs in. Freezer crammed.

Going to help DH put up his Nativity scene in sitting-room window then bake Christmas biscuits - correction help DH clear kitchen of his various tools THEN bake.

Oh, parcel safely entrusted to GLS.

hollysteers Tue 07-Dec-21 12:02:33

Good morning Mick and all from the northwest coast.
Howling Gale here and had a bad night, the not sleeping is getting worse. Off to music club soon to sing again, but I don’t think I need the car, I will just climb on to my broomstick…
Will read through later and thoughts to GrannySomerset.

EkwaNimitee Tue 07-Dec-21 11:49:48

A late Good morning to Mick and everyone.
I wrote my Christmas cards yesterday and realised one needed to go to the U.S as old friends are staying on there for a while. So this morning it was off early into town to visit the Post Office before the expected storm got going. It was a lot colder out than I anticipated so I didn't hang about and came back after getting a few other necessities, in particular some netting to cover over my crocus patch aka the cat's toilet. I won't be going out there today though. As soon as I got back the wind got up, it got dark and the rain started. Indoor jobs only now which unfortunately include getting my head around some boring but necessary legal stuff connected with my LPA which, finally, has been registered. It's taken months.
Welcome to you newbies and Happy Birthday to Shelbel, remember that 60 is now the new 40!
Fingers crossed for no new storm damage....

Auntieflo Tue 07-Dec-21 11:34:57

Good morning Mick, Annie, and all. I haven't had time to read all the 'doings' yet, as it's been a morning of trying to make appointments.
When I saw the Dr last Friday, he said that I hadn't had my X ray yet! I knew he mentioned that I needed one, so presumed that I would get an appointment in the post, or emailed to me. No! Evidently you just have to book it. Who knew, not me. So that's done now. Then I held on the phone for nearly30 minutes, trying to book an engineer to come and look at my stairlift. He should have come two weeks ago, and the invisible someone was supposed to book another. All is now booked in, and fingers crossed he will turn up.
Yesterday afternoon, I had a lovely call from the Dr I had hoped to see last Friday. She was checking up on me, and made me feel heaps better.
This afternoon I am off for my infusion and collect the next tranche of Chemo tablets. It's all go here.
I will now look back and see how everyone is faring.
Have a good day one and all.

Blossoming Tue 07-Dec-21 11:28:09

Philipbraz this is not the right site for what you’re asking. Your question raises a large number of safeguarding issues, and I don’t think you’ll find anywhere that would do that.

Philipbraz Tue 07-Dec-21 11:22:21

Hi all.i just joined on behalf of my sister and husband.can gransnet connect people with families without grandparents?or is gransnet just advertising and chat?phil

Blossoming Tue 07-Dec-21 11:16:40

Sorry to read of the disappointing news from your consultant Marydoll. I know that you will make the best of things, as you always do. Keep safe, sending a socially distanced virtual hug your way.

Happy Birthday Shelbel and welcome to all our newcomers.

Blossoming Tue 07-Dec-21 10:45:07

Good morning Mick and everybody. A slow start today.

It’s very windy and raining heavily in my corner of Lancashire. Currently 6°. Yesterday’s Zoom meeting was very productive. The instructor did a quick recap, then we discussed our personal risk factors as we are all different. We began to look at what each of us could do to achieve our goals, taking into account our different abilities and challenges. I had already been thinking about this so am formulating a plan. My plans for today are sorting out Christmas cards, a little sewing, physio exercises and cycling (indoors).

Stay safe and warm all ??

EnaSharples Tue 07-Dec-21 10:41:21

Good morning from stormy Manchester. Happy birthday Shelbel, 60 is no age at all.
Marydoll thank you for the welcome. You are a medical marvel. I have the same problems as you. immunosuppressed. RA. Osteoporosis for 20 years. three heart attacks. I cant tell you how much I sympathise but I wouldnt dare do all the things you do I'm a scaredy cat. When my consultant said shield I went in to hibernation I'm not as brave as you. I did laugh this morning with you climbing in to the back of the car, I just wouldn't be able to do that with my hips, I definitely wouldnt get out again. You are so funny.
Now I've forgot what everyone else said so I'll say goodbye for now.
Have a nice day
Ena

joyce6135 Tue 07-Dec-21 10:40:17

Morning all from East Northants. I think all the UK is expecting rain today, I for one won’t be venturing out. I really enjoyed your novella Marydoll and the cartoon from Urms. Such wonderful people on here, may you all have a peaceful day and stay safe.

Shan02 Tue 07-Dec-21 10:36:09

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Nannytopsy Tue 07-Dec-21 10:29:14

Crossed posts Marydoll. I am sorry it wasn’t the news you wanted and I think you are wise to consider reducing your Covid risk again. There’s a sad story in the Guardian today ( other newspapers are available!) about an RA sufferer who was not as well informed as you.
Must away to collect leaves - once Popmaster has finished.
Look after yourselves everyone!

Grammaretto Tue 07-Dec-21 10:19:32

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders. We have been promised severe weather and lots of snow later today so I don't know if I should risk a bus journey into Edinburgh to buy some more knitting wool and all the shopping I still need.

Happy Birthday Shelbel and enjoy it.
My 60th birthday was wonderful. I retired and got my bus pass. The same photo is on it from back then - I looked so young grin

Relief that you don't have to have a new hip Marydoll but tempered with the lack of alternatives. sad You are an inspiration with your cheerfulness despite the constant pain.