Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 29th December 2021

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 29-Dec-21 05:59:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but looks dry outside here in brackley .
I must start to get my weight down again having put it on over xmas , so I plan to get the bus to Bicester ,and do my usual there .
Otherwise sorting things out in the flat.
Take Care,
Mick

EllanVannin Wed 29-Dec-21 11:57:28

Good Morning All x.
A sort of half bright day still damp and mild.

Still laughing to myself at Fanny'sFunnies, just what's needed.
Changed the bedding ready for the machine now. Regardless of the time of year some things still have to be done smile --
If only to shake-off the sluggishness.

I love hearing about everyone's doings. I'm still coping with the little bedroom TV as I rather think that it was a Bank Holiday yesterday so a bit futile ringing the aerial man. First of all I'll have to ring the bank ( if they're open ) and do a transfer as I don't keep a large amount in my current account unless I have a large purchase looming, then I'll see if there's any joy with the aerials.

Had an enjoyable film-watching day yesterday, old repeats but good ones in their day. " Suspicion" to start with then "Evil Under the Sun" and finally " Murder on the Orient Express ".

Preparing a salad for today so will be doing my own potato salad and salad dressing. It'll make a nice change from all the cooked meals I've had these last few days, then I'll polish off some more chocs.

I can't believe it was a week ago when I was busy loading up in M&S's, and I haven't seen a soul since. Spoken on the phone of course but not physically seen anyone. Can't be helped with these strange times, but the main thing is that I've remained well, thank goodness.

I wish everyone else well too and to hope you enjoy your day.Take care when travelling, stay safe and look after yourselves xx

Kalu Wed 29-Dec-21 10:57:56

Good morning all from a very wet Glasgow where it is bucketing down at the moment.

East, west, hame is best Maw and grandM. My, even short breaks away are still on hold and I am now beginning to miss any trips to France to catch up with friends……one day. ?Once done, I then enjoy being home in my own surroundings.

A stay at home day happily faffing about, may even start a new jigsaw! Oh, the excitement of it all but I confess to being quite content at home, cosy and warm with lamps lit on a miserable day doing whatever I please.

DH had, what I would describe as a, stinker of a cold which lasted for a week before he began to improve baubles. Hope your DH is on the mend soon.
Hope you will be feeling a bit better soon Marydoll?

Best wishes to all for a good day and again, hoping those with worries, poor health or feeling flat have a brighter day.

Mapleleaf Wed 29-Dec-21 10:34:21

Good morning all.

HAZBEEN Wed 29-Dec-21 10:16:30

Good morning everybody from a wet Ashford near Heathrow.
Just a quick visit, I haven't long been out of bed! I am working on my lazygran as per Urms !
Got a call yesterday and booked my fourth jab for Monday. Our GPs are getting their act together at last!
Today I am expecting a delivery of chemo meds (I take 1 tablet everyday) and also a Tesco delivery so better get a wash!
Stay safe all and hugs to all in special need. x

MayBeMaw Wed 29-Dec-21 10:11:40

Good morning all and special flowers to all with sadness and worries.
I loved being with the DDs and GC but oddly was quite happy to come home and be “in control” of my own life. I know they mean well but I have just grown used to coping on my own and making my own decisions! A phone call from my near neighbour and probably best friend saying she had missed me and was glad to see my lights on again also made me feel welcomed.
Collected Rosie from kennels where she has enjoyed twice daily play with the other dogs in the field that they have. I have never seen any of my dogs quite so muddy! Mostly dried on but she was a totally different colour! I am not sure whether to just wait until it brushes out or rubs off or to try to bath her as it’s not really the weather for it.
All the driving -Norfolk and back, then Birmingham and home again - had left me somewhat wiped out despite easy traffic and both the dog and I slept through until after 7.
I now have to finish watching “Their Finest” for todays film studies - a lovely film with great period detail and superb dialogue.
So it’s back to normal, after a fashion , and I suppose I ought to try to shift some of the lbs I am bound to have gained. I wish it was easy as Mick seems to suggest in his OP but I think it will take more than the bus to Bicester or even Buckingham grin

Chris3 Wed 29-Dec-21 10:06:07

Good morning. Another wet day in South Yorkshire. Yesterday, happily, did involve a coffee and a trip to dun elm where a bought a bright yellow furry bean bag for more than half price so very pleased with that. Today serious housewifery is planned...I know how to have fun ???
Have a good day all

henetha Wed 29-Dec-21 10:03:15

Dull and rainy in south Devon. I'm getting restless now after nearly a week indoors.

Maria59 Wed 29-Dec-21 09:56:55

It's heavy rain here and very dark still have lights on. GS2 had a good night and usual team are back from Christmas break. Plan to day is to try to give him a drink and see if he is able to swallow which would be great if he can as they will then slowly progress to giving him some food in the next few days. ??

Stilllearning Wed 29-Dec-21 09:54:02

Good morning from Biggar on the edge of S Lanarkshire where I’m finishing my Christmas tour today. I’ve had a lovely few days with daughters and families and am headed home today where I hope I’ll be able to start remembering which day it is! I feel totally disoriented at the moment.

I’ve been reading every day and have been enjoying all the happy tales (and cartoons) but remembering all who have been unwell or have had family concerns?Glad to hear your DH is feeling not too bad now baubles.

After I left one of my daughter’s on Boxing Day, her brother in law and his partner came to visit, no lateral flow test done beforehand and he tested positive the next day, so I am now anxiously waiting to hear if they have been infected. Youngest DGS has a heart condition.

Wishing everyone the best day possible ???

Blossoming Wed 29-Dec-21 09:53:02

Good morning Mick and everybody. Raining heavily in my corner of Lancashire, currently 7°C. It brightened up after lunch yesterday and we had a lovely seaside walk at Lytham, just a short drive from here. Mr. B has been to Lidl for a few essentials, there were a lot of gaps on the shelves. No real plans for today other than laundry. The usual physio exercises and cycling (indoors) later.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ???

Grannyme6 Wed 29-Dec-21 09:51:42

Morning from a damp and drizzly south coast. Having a quiet day after a post-Christmas get-together at DS’s with DD as well as the other granny and wider family. 14 of us in all, including 5 youngsters. We were so lucky that everyone had tested negative. Was a good day and it feels a bit flat now.
Must shake myself up and get on with the day, need to walk into town to pick up a box of Lt tests, if there are any left, and maybe have a coffee - if I can persuade DH to come with me.
Best wishes to all.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 29-Dec-21 09:40:29

Good morning from East Yorkshire. It’s a little brighter but damp. Those poor children with bikes etc for Christmas and not being able to get out on them.

Had a good mooch around Beverley yesterday. I bought a couple of jumpers, jokey Christmas socks for a next year stocking and cards. I was disappointed that there wasn’t my shade of foundation in ( with the demise of dept stores now not many places to buy it) and I wasn’t amused that Lakeland have stopped doing the roasting bags I use. ?

No plans today. We may go across and see the family or invite them here for tea and cake. I need to join the losers on here ( weight I’m talking there!) and get myself eating better and more active. It’s hard starting after the festivities as we have lots of birthdays starting tomorrow right through till March. Add in pancake day and Valentines….

Thinking of you Grandmasue but lovely memories to look back on

Thinking of everyone else with ills,worries etc.
Take care everyone.

dragonfly46 Wed 29-Dec-21 09:31:09

Good morning - rain is tipping down.

DD and SiL left yesterday but we are keeping the dog til the New Year.
I think DD was quite upset yesterday as her dog just ignored them when they left and didn’t try to go with them. He is spoilt here.

Good to see you are okay grandMattie and hope you feel better soon Marydoll.

monk08 Wed 29-Dec-21 09:20:10

Good morning all from a wet Black country.
All these talk of diets make me think will have to take DH in check before his next meeting with his heart nurse, on his last meeting she told him you should lose weight in the summer not put it on. Unfortunately he looks at food and gains weight unlike myself who is the same as when we married 48yrs ago.
Will make some parsnip and pear soup for later and see what else the day brings.
Enjoy your Wednesday and may you all find some ?.

BlueSapphire Wed 29-Dec-21 09:19:56

Good morning everyone from a wet Northampton, but as I have no plans to go out today it can rain as much as it likes. I do not even have to put the bins out as there is nothing in them, due to me being away.

DD brought me home yesterday; we dropped my stuff off at home then went out again straight away to see DGD(14) in panto. She is a brilliant dancer (I would say that, wouldn't I?), and we thoroughly enjoyed it. So many excited children - I got so much pleasure from watching the little 3/4 yr old in front of me joining in with everything amid squeals of laughter! It was DGD's last performance this season, so she can rest for a while before school next week.

A quiet day ahead, apart from the return of the cats in about an hour's time. Must get myself showered and dressed, and unpack my suircase. Having finished my Poirot book on Monday I think I shall watch the film of it this afternoon with maybe a sherry and a piece of Christmas cake...

Wishing all a good day ahead.

cornergran Wed 29-Dec-21 09:12:44

Morning Mick, morning All from a very damp corner of Somerset

Our covid-son says he’s been hit by a bus, still working from home though. I’m not sure if I’m pleased as that means he can’t be too unwell or cross that he isn’t resting.

A quiet couple of days here as I’ve been feeling proper poorly. Many lateral flow tests assure me not covid - couldn’t blame our son anyway as haven’t seen him for a while. Much better this morning so normal service will soon be resumed. The Butler seems to be relieved. Some gentle dust removal on my agenda before the grocery order arrives. Well, assuming I get out of bed!

Pleased the travellers arrived safely, hope for the same for those setting out today. Our nearest motorway has been summer busy so I’m told.

Take care everyone. Thinking of those finding life a struggle and a hope that Wednesday is gentle with us all.

hulahoop Wed 29-Dec-21 09:11:35

Not so

hulahoop Wed 29-Dec-21 09:11:08

Ginnyand to all having a bit so good day ??

Alygran Wed 29-Dec-21 09:10:52

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s pouring down again.
I had a very good drive back from High Peak. I spent the afternoon unpacking and enjoying my bag of presents again.
Today I must go into town for some food. I brought turkey and salad for my supper to save me having to go straight out yesterday.
Sorry to hear of so many GNs and family members being poorly. Get well soon.
Have a good day everyone.

Barmeyoldbat Wed 29-Dec-21 08:59:56

Good morning everyone, it’s raining on and off ands it looks like a grey dull day. BUT I am not fooled, yesterday started the same way and it turned out to be ok with some sun. So today it’s bikes on the car and over to Wales. If if this rather continues then it will be a bit of lunch and a wander around the shops. Also going to sort my weight gain out. So have a happy day evertone

Sar53 Wed 29-Dec-21 08:58:00

Good morning from a very damp and dreary Essex by the sea.

I'm not feeling my best so DH has gone out to do a little food shopping. My LFT was negative this morning so just a normal winter virus I think.

DD2 is having her dressings changed today, good luck to your daughter Gingster.

Sorry to hear that your grandson is poorly GG13, I hope he perks up soon.

A day for doing nothing today. Probably reading and watching tv.

Have the best Wednesday you can, stay safe and warm and find that smile somewhere xxx

NannyJan53 Wed 29-Dec-21 08:56:40

Good morning from a damp and dull Black Country,

Yesterday turned out to be a dry day, and we actually had blue skies and sun on our walk around Highgate Common. I am on the right in the photo.

Finished off the Turkey yesterday, just Ham to finish now. Just the job with MrJ's homemade pickled onions.

My DS is 46 today! Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days of having a firstborn just for a few hours. He was always a lovely, placid child, and still is as a man. We are hopefully having a family get together on Sunday for his and Mums birthday which is Monday 3rd Jan.

Ashcombe there is always congestion around Bristol, we go that way often as our caravan is stored in Somerset, and breath a sigh of relief if we get past without problems.

Wishing you all a lovely day.

aggie Wed 29-Dec-21 08:52:28

Good Morning all , wet and windy here but I have plenty to do here inside , I have a raft of birthday cards to make for family birthdays in January and February, there’s crochet to finish , or I can remember where I am in the pattern and some Christmas goodies to eat before I join the weight losers !
I hope the poorly feel better soon , the brighter days are coming ?

baubles Wed 29-Dec-21 08:43:04

Good morning Mick, morning all from very soggy South Lanarkshire.

Daft dug has been walked, she really hates the rain but needs must.

DH is downstairs in the dressing gown of doom (the only time it sees the light of day is when he’s ill!), he seems a little better this morning. 7th day of our 10 day isolation.

Sorry to hear that your little one is ill GG and Marydoll, I hope you improve as the day goes on.

Wishing everyone a peaceful peaceful day.

Anniebach Wed 29-Dec-21 08:40:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x