Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 15 January

(72 Posts)
Pantglas2 Sat 15-Jan-22 06:51:59

Just popping in and opening up as I’m thinking Mick might have snoozed late.....?

Pleased to read hulahoop has good tidings to report - let’s hope everyone with worries, for themselves or worse, their beloved ones, have same soon ?

Lucky Lins in South Wales having that first grandchild to look forward to....ohh I’ll never forget that rush of ?

Trotting to next town to pick up a newspaper ?- walk will do us good and we’ll get the bus home after a cuppa. I’ve got some crumpets for brunch EV ?

Catch up later folks.....

Urmstongran Sat 15-Jan-22 08:44:02

I too love to immerse myself in imaginative play with L’il Miss Grandmabatty. Your love for this little boy shines through. It certainly brings joy to both of you which is lovely. And uplifting.

I love how one bit of play just segues into another kind altogether. I just totally go with her flow - anyone listening to us would think us crazy! I can’t believe she will be 5y next week. So soon after Christmas, I’m struggling to think what present to buy for her ...

Anniebach Sat 15-Jan-22 08:44:48

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Susan56 Sat 15-Jan-22 08:45:54

Good morning from Shropshire.

DGD came home with us last night.She is having breakfast in bed at the moment and has decided we will have a pyjama day.Fine by me!

Thank you for your kind comments about our eldest daughter yesterday.Her recovery seems a long road, good days and not so good days.Your kind thoughts meant a lot to us all.

Thinking of all the others with worries about their adult daughters and daughters in law?

Hoping Mick is ok.

Take care everyone and stay safe.??

BlueSapphire Sat 15-Jan-22 08:47:53

Good morning everyone from a very frosty and foggy Northampton. No plans to go out in this today, will stay in with the newspapers and a new book. Finished 'Ariadne' yesterday, thought it was a bit Mills and Boon meets Greek myth, but it improved. Sorry, that review came off Amszon, but it's the best way to describe what I felt! A complete change next as I start a new M W Craven police crime thriller.

Had a good shopping trip yesterday, and managed to pick up all the things that Sainsburys didn't have on my Thursday delivery. Plus a chicken provencal for tonight's dinner. And a new fleecy top that just happened to fall off the rail into my basket..... Also partook of a coffee and iced bun.

Hope Mick is ok. And so pleased to hear Hulahoop's good news. Remember the feeling from when DH used to go for his twice a year scans.

Thinking of those with worries and cares.

Alygran Sat 15-Jan-22 08:48:28

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s so misty I can’t see across the field behind the house.
Washing on, bed to strip next. Coffee next door this morning then in town with friends this afternoon.
Hope Mick is ok.
Have a good day everyone.

Grandmadinosaur Sat 15-Jan-22 08:50:23

Good morning from a foggy East Yorkshire. Thank you you for opening up pantg and hope Mick is ok.

After trying all week to get to Beverley I may go today or leave till Monday . Apart from that nothing much planned. I’m trying to conserve my energy as GS is coming later for a sleepover. He is very excited and did think his 8 week old baby sister was also coming! Much as I love her she appears to be quite a night owl and I don’t think us grandparents are up to that ?

Have a good day everyone

Grammaretto Sat 15-Jan-22 08:58:42

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders. Mild again and the birds are noisy and busy. I hope they aren't being premature.
Our community open house begins today for the first time since before the first Lockdown.
I have been let off baking cakes as I still have no proper kitchen.
There's to be an exhibition of the town as it used to be when there were proper shops when we first came here.

The electrician may come this afternoon or may not

Dollie sounds the spit of you Marydoll grin with her plans and lists.

I hope to see some DGC over the weekend but everyone is so busy at school at work or recovering from their booster jags..
Such a relief Hulahoop that the news was good.

I am glad your theatre is up and running again Ashcombe
Some happy stories. May there be plenty more.

MayBeMaw Sat 15-Jan-22 09:00:06

Morning all from chilly foggy N Bucks.
Heard last night that D1 has Covid, and also D2 and her husband.
It was bound to happen I am just keeping my fingers crossed their symptoms stay mild -currently fluey and achey - and that in D1’s case, SIL and the 3 children escape. There is absolutely nothing I can do under the circs is there? Complicated in both cases, Sil2 and his father have been taking it in turns to visit his Mum in the care home to feed her as the home is so short staffed, so SIL can’t do that now, but also they are living on the top floor of his house as the work on theirs is not finished yet. So on the plus side, FIL can put food outside their door and as long as he keeps well away and keeps doors shut, my little GS can get some fresh air in the garden, but of course the risk of infection is a major worry.
D1 has three children so more for SIL to cope with which is why I really hope he swerves it for now anyway.
These things shall pass however.
My thoughts to all with worries and health issues and I hope today is kind to you.

Newquay Sat 15-Jan-22 09:06:12

Morning from a frosty and cold Staffs. I love seeing your post Gweinisgrear from
Harrogate where our DD2 lives.
Saturday morning our DG has an outdoor tennis lesson in Harrogate.
I once watched her play once as a very black cloud came over. I commented to DD that we’d have to call it a day. She said “Mum if we stopped here for weather we’d never do anything!” and, in heavy rain, the lesson just carried on!
You’re obviously tougher oop north ?

Grandmajean Sat 15-Jan-22 09:06:15

Morning all.
Slept late as couldn't get to sleep last night.
Haven't seen a post from Hulahoop but gather her news is good. Must be such a relief.
Will read page two of this thread later. Need to make a move.

Nannytopsy Sat 15-Jan-22 09:08:11

Good morning everyone. It grey here in Suffolk and a bit damp, which is a change from our beautiful sunny, frosty days of late.
Floors to mop then spare bedrooms to sort here too, ready for a house full of family next weekend. There are two rugby matches this afternoon which should see me through the last of the ironing.
Yesterday I cleared away all signs of our poor old cat, who made his last journey to the vet on Thursday. He was almost 18 and had a good life.
Mick has had internet and GN problems in the past, so hope it’s technical issues again.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

EllanVannin Sat 15-Jan-22 09:40:26

Good Morning All x.
Aw, no sun this morning but cloud which denotes no frost. A bit of a breeze whipping up so neighbour's washing will be dry having been out a couple of days smile I'm not going to speak too soon, but we seem to be getting away with a bad winter so far.

I too am hoping Mick's okay and that it's just a blip with his PC. As I'd said yesterday, my own had been a bit skew-wiff until it settled. It's actually been a bit iffy this morning too so I don't know what goes on.

Just finished a sneezing fit grin , thought I'd have a fall of soot ! Anyway it's stopped now, thank goodness for that.

I might just have a visit today as the children are off school. What I must do just in case, is display the coloured stones that I was presented with last time they were here or they'll think I don't care about them. Stones found on the beach and painted with sparkly pencils----wow ! I can put them on the mantlepiece--if there's room--, then take them off after they've gone. Aw, bless them, a lot of work went into them,koff.

Chicken Korma for today's dinner and by the amount of chicken slices I took out of the freezer, it'll do for tomorrow as well---trust me !

Hoping all the poorly girls aren't feeling too bad and the good news from hulahoop was encouraging.
A rest day for Marydoll I hope after yesterdays excitement as I know how RA reacts to overdoing it and it's not nice to see, believe me.

Another giggle at Matt, Urms , I look forward to them. Subtle and clever.

Time for the crumpets now, they fill a hole and I do enjoy all the butter running down my chin grin Scrummy.

Take care everyone and stay safe whatever you'll be doing. I'll hang around and make sure Mick's okay. xx

hulahoop Sat 15-Jan-22 09:40:34

Good morning from a very frosty and foggy Yorkshire ,thanks again for all your good wishes ,I was sorry to read how many are worried over ac let's hope they are soon on the road to recovery .nannytopsy your cat lived to a good age you will miss him.Take it easy today all who did a lot yesterday we tend to push things don't we ?

Georgesgran Sat 15-Jan-22 09:41:35

Good morning from Durham where it’s misty, and (indeed we are tough Newquay) very cold.
Better news for Hula and Susan56.
Nursery rang yesterday to say DGS1’s class couldn’t open, due to staff shortage, so I was ready for Granny duty, when DD1 tested him and he’s got Covid, so all plans cancelled.
Still have DD2’s dogs here, so will walk and take them back later and return home to dust and mop the hard floors.
Royal Mail ‘say’ they’ve delivered a parcel this morning - they haven’t. Yesterday DHL left 2 parcels when there should’ve been 3. Never have this bother with Amazon!
Have the best day you can.

Chrissielou Sat 15-Jan-22 09:45:09

A grey, very foggy morning, frosty too in my little rural spot in Oxfordshire. Lots of cooking today and trying to get jobs done. Collecting a load of logs this morning too so we will be very cosy later! Hope everyone has a happy Saturday flowers

harrigran Sat 15-Jan-22 09:46:54

Good morning from a dry NE.
Slept late this morning, must have tired myself tootling and faffing last night. I was gathering together a large pile of unworn clothing and shoes from DH's wardrobe to be taken to the local soup kitchen where they distribute to those that require help.
Sister and BIL will visit for our weekly chat and drink and DS and family will come this afternoon and stay for dinner.
Spoke to my neighbour yesterday, he had covid at new year even though he is triple vaccinated, he has gone back to work (72 hmm) but feels vulnerable as he caught a cold as soon as he mixed with others.
Look after yourselves.

Kalu Sat 15-Jan-22 09:52:53

Good morning all, it’s damp and grey this morning in Glasgow.

I have no idea how it happened but I have twisted my side somehow. It feels more like a nerve rather than muscle causing sharp pain when I breathe so heavy duty pain relief, which will space me out, is on the cards today.

Fingers crossed we may see the northern lights tonight, what a glorious sight that would be. ?

Have fun with Dollie mixture today Marydoll. Another forward planning girl, I like it. ?
Hope your DD’s have a mild case and a quick recovery Maw
Phew! What a relief for you Hulahoop. Pleased to hear you got the all clear.

Best wishes to all, especially those with health issues or other worries in their lives.

Urmstongran Sat 15-Jan-22 09:55:38

I just sat here thinking about a birthday present for L’il Miss when my phone went.

L’il Miss “Grandma? Guess what? (love how littlies always say that!). - mummy is taking me to a ballet class this morning!”
Me: “Ooh lucky you! What will you wear?”
L’il Miss: “Just leggings at first. Mummy says see if I like it then I could have a ballet tutu, tights and ballet shoes”.
Me: “What a good idea. Is mummy there?”

I’m buying the ballet costume - comes as a set in Sainsbury’s. Sometimes life just presents a solution just by sitting and pondering.
#lazygran
?

EllanVannin Sat 15-Jan-22 09:56:05

Aw, your poor cat nannytopsy, not a bad age though. Which reminds me, when I started feeding the old stray Tom 16 years ago, he was ancient then so goodness knows how old it is now.
He lives in a cosy kennel outside my garden door---in all weathers.
I always expect the worst when he appears later than the norm, but he's obviously just slower ( like many of us ) but eats like a horse !

Mummer Sat 15-Jan-22 09:57:14

Just enough blue in Lancashire sky to make some matelots breeches! So we may get a hazy sun? Spent yesterday in mystical Morecambe and Heysham, what a wonderful magical atmosphere, surprisingly quiet there's a stillness on the bay that's somehow uplifting. Had a fantastic meal home-made steak and ale pie to start ,followed up with to-die-for syrup pud! Can't tell you where we were.....it's just become our secret eatery! The shore and distant sea has a special effect on me somehow?, I've lived near the sea in 90s during a sad time and it helped me cope. Actually the first day out AT ALL since the beginning of the pan. Loved it, and the first run for a new car acquired last September!! Well first long run.......must make efforts to get out and about so easy to stodge about.

luluaugust Sat 15-Jan-22 10:04:04

Good morning from a foggy W Kent, hope it picks up later as I want to clear the hall of bags for a local charity shop. Going to try a GF orange cake recipe from a friend this afternoon.
Best wishes to all

brook2704 Sat 15-Jan-22 10:21:00

Yep we’re on holiday without a car Urms too far to drive down here so we’re getting about by train and walking. It’s a long story but we’ve been walking the South west coastal path on and off for a while now so just doing a bit more. A bit like you walking the Malaga paseo but obviously not as sunny or Spanish! That’ll come later for us …
Hope L’il Miss enjoys her ballet!

We’re at Dawlish Ash I don’t know exactly where you are but probably close by. Got a lovely Airbnb with a gorgeous sea view but a bit grey this morning

Serendipity22 Sat 15-Jan-22 10:25:21

A very good morning to everyone. Its a frosty morning here in Yorkshire, the poor sheep dont seem to mind as they nibble the cold, cold grass brrrrrr.

I am just having a nice cup of tea, i have been sewing various projects which have come before breakfast.

My DD and GC are coming this afternoon, fabulous, i see them all about 3 tines a week, love it.

I will video call my son in Canada, dont know how they cope with their temperatures -23 other day... BRRRRRRRRR.

Here's a photo of my neighbours eating breakfast !!!!

Enjoy your Saturday everyone x

Grandmadinosaur Sat 15-Jan-22 10:27:36

Have a lovely time Brook .
We always stayed at Dawlish on holiday when I was a child. I saw it was on BBC breakfast news yesterday talking about the new wall next to the train line that’s now in place after the storms of 2014. Our flat was in a large house overlooking the railway line. My brother and I thought of ourselves as The Railway Children! Happy days.

Michael12 Sat 15-Jan-22 10:28:06

Good Morning Everyone,
Its cold and foggy here in brackley .
I have a reason admitted to Horton Hospital last night , had a nightmare which causes what happened , in the nightmare I was on a railway line ,and a railway wagon was coming towards me in the nightmare, but two tank steam engines moving on other track so I jumped the rail , in other words fell out of bed , cutting my right ear with heavy bleeding pulled cord ,ambulance turned up to take me to hospital , bandaged up .
More later ,
Take Care,
Mick