Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 15 January

(72 Posts)
Pantglas2 Sat 15-Jan-22 06:51:59

Just popping in and opening up as I’m thinking Mick might have snoozed late.....?

Pleased to read hulahoop has good tidings to report - let’s hope everyone with worries, for themselves or worse, their beloved ones, have same soon ?

Lucky Lins in South Wales having that first grandchild to look forward to....ohh I’ll never forget that rush of ?

Trotting to next town to pick up a newspaper ?- walk will do us good and we’ll get the bus home after a cuppa. I’ve got some crumpets for brunch EV ?

Catch up later folks.....

Urmstongran Sat 15-Jan-22 10:36:34

Goodness Mick that must’ve given you a right jolt! Glad you were able to summon assistance. I hope you have some paracetamol for today. Rest up. You were missed!

grandMattie Sat 15-Jan-22 10:46:28

Glad that apart from bleeding ear, you are ok,*Mick*. Rest and take lots of painkillers.

EllanVannin Sat 15-Jan-22 10:53:06

Oh dear Mick sorry to hear about that, how scary indeed. It just goes to show what can happen. Did I note that you were last diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation ?
Anyway, rest up and hope you are okay. Further tests, eh ?

Everyone missed you and were hoping for a tech. problem.

Beechnut Sat 15-Jan-22 11:13:55

Crikey Mick. I wasn’t expecting that. Take care ?hope you don’t mind the flowers.

gillgran Sat 15-Jan-22 11:14:10

Good Morning from a "now not so foggy" Cambs., Although fog has lifted a bit, forecast is for a cloudy day here.!

Pleased to see you back Mick, hope you recover quickly.
All your "followers" were concerned for your well-being.

Take Care everyone, especially those with added worries.

Alizarin Sat 15-Jan-22 11:22:42

Oh Mick!!! Rest well.

Ashcombe Sat 15-Jan-22 11:22:58

I’m in Babbacombe, Torquay, brook2704, which is about 10 miles away, but we visit Dawlish occasionally by train or bus! There are some fabulous views en route (A379) especially from the top deck of the 22 bus. I imagine you will experience these along the Coastal Path.
Enjoy!

farview Sat 15-Jan-22 11:23:47

Glad that you're ok Mick...and welcome to you Mummer...

Aldom Sat 15-Jan-22 11:27:15

Sorry to hear about your accident Mick, but thankful to know you are being taken care of. Best wishes. flowers

muse Sat 15-Jan-22 11:33:01

Good morning Mick. That sounds like very prompt action from the ambulance response team. Excellent. Hope the ear heals quickly. No more nightmares ?please. ?thank you to Pantglass for opening.

Good morning to all other Morningsters. I love your collection of emoji’s Ashcombe. Brings cheer to my day.

Boiler engineer discovered a capacitor had blown in the boiler fan. MrM watched carefully! Two years left on our 7 year warranty so he’s priced up a new fan in case it goes again!
He’s now tackling the Dyson. Parts ordered and on their way.

I’m researching for a settee (new house). Fabric or leather is the first question.

Grey day mid Cornwall but dry ?. Mya will enjoy her walk after my coffee. ☕️ ??

Take care everyone. ????☕️?

Purplepixie Sat 15-Jan-22 11:34:18

Good morning from a freezing cold and foggy East Midlands. Kitchen light has been on all morning.

Grandmabatty Sat 15-Jan-22 11:42:16

I hope you are ok now Mick. Take care

Pantglas2 Sat 15-Jan-22 12:15:47

Gosh Mick, I was convinced your ‘puter ?was playing up or you were simply lolling abed?!

Take care and don’t worry about the Good morning thread - I’m sure you’ve got enough deputies trained for the morning shift...?

dragonfly46 Sat 15-Jan-22 12:28:21

Mick what a shock for you.
I hope you feel better soon and have a restful day and we see you again bright and early tomorrow.
The day is out of kilter when you don't open up!!

Scentia Sat 15-Jan-22 12:34:56

Oh dear Mick you take care of yourself❤️

Susan56 Sat 15-Jan-22 13:09:59

Oh Mick, sorry to hear about your accident.Hope you’ll be home and feeling better soon??

Grandmadinosaur Sat 15-Jan-22 13:24:41

Gosh Mick sorry to hear about your incident . Take it easy today

Jaxjacky Sat 15-Jan-22 13:42:10

Pleased you’ve been fixed Mick you were missed.

Auntieflo Sat 15-Jan-22 13:58:18

A late Good Morning from me.
Mick so sorry to read of your accident, just take it easy and rest today. It must have been a very vivid dream/ nightmare.
Annie, good morning to you to, hope you are well.
It started off quite foggy here, then cleared, but is not looking very tempting outside.
Our Radio Times was nor delivered on Tuesday, as it normally is, so as DD is coming later, I asked her to pick one up for us. Murphy's Law, an hour later the postman popped it through the door.
I sorted out some knitting earlier. Two sleeves being done together, but the pattern had gone awry by one row, so unpicked it and it is OK now.
After DH fell over a coffee table yesterday, I looked on line to see if I could find something I like to replace them. Found some, but they are Out of Stock! Why can't they put that info at the top. Another botheration is that you could perhaps go into the store and Collect, but they cannot deliver. I am giving up and have asked DH to watch his step. He has a very sore shoulder, poor chap.
Have a good day one and all.

Grammaretto Sat 15-Jan-22 14:11:20

Crikey Mick that was a very exciting dream! I hope you are being well cared for and returned to your own home soon.

I just read that most of your clan have gone down with the covid Maw I hope none of them are really unwell and recover soon.

I also wanted to mention your clever DD Dragonfly to sell and buy property so seamlessly. Can you send her to me please.

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 15-Jan-22 14:34:58

Gosh Mick I thought your Broadband had failed again, I hope they let you home soon, when they do, try to rest and take care of yourself.