Gransnet forums

Chat

Prince Harry.....latest

(387 Posts)
lemsip Sat 15-Jan-22 23:22:24

Give me back my bodyguards: Prince Harry threatens legal action against the government and demands return of police protection because 'it is not safe for the Sussexes to return to UK for visits'

Calendargirl Sat 19-Feb-22 11:30:07

unable to return to his home

The home that two years ago, he couldn’t wait to leave?

Maybe the old sayings ‘Absence makes the heart grow fonder’ and ‘There’s no place like home’ mean a bit more to him now, after a couple of years of self imposed exile with Meghan.

Pantglas2 Sat 19-Feb-22 10:16:16

“What's he thinking?”

He’s thinking he’s still ‘special’ Exdancer. Perhaps he needs reminding to look at the history of second borns in the Royal Family to see that they’re really not that important (Princess Margaret, Prince Andrew) and especially so when they get pushed further down the line of succession.

ExDancer Sat 19-Feb-22 09:37:35

I understand what he wants is to be able to actually hire some policemen?
The Duke of Sussex has filed a claim for a judicial review against a Home Office decision not to allow him to personally pay for police protection for himself and his family while in the UK.
This is what was published in the Independant newspaper --
"Harry wants to bring his son Archie and baby daughter Lilibet to visit from the US, but he and his family are “unable to return to his home” because it is too dangerous, a legal representative said."
As it stands our police aren't for 'hire' - imagine the mayhem if everyone from the KrayTwins to the Queen of Tonga did the same!
What's he thinking?

Grammaretto Sun 23-Jan-22 16:33:29

Avalon Just looking at photos, I think Harry looks like Prince Philip when he smiles and William is more like the Queen. I don't see much of Diana in either of them at the moment.
Faces do change though over the years.

MissAdventure Sun 23-Jan-22 14:51:06

Poor Harry.

Chestnut Sun 23-Jan-22 14:21:31

I have always thought Harry looks like Charles especially round the eyes. Can't be bothered with all this James Hewitt nonsense, it's just malicious gossipmongers stirring the pot.

25Avalon Sun 23-Jan-22 13:35:59

My god doesn’t Harry look like Charles? Sorry if this deviates but just seen a picture of Harry in last Monday’s DM and you can really see Charles in him. If you doubt Charles is his dad take a look.

Ali08 Sat 22-Jan-22 11:55:56

It does make me laugh. They live in AMERICA fgs, and they say our country isn't safe!!
Although, I did like that HE would pay and not expect UK taxpayers to cough up!

Josieann Tue 18-Jan-22 16:14:33

Blossoming

LadyWee

I don’t usually write on these type of threads but I happened to be reading through and was bewildered by the level of vitriol that has been thrown at these people!

Me too LadyWee. One of the most vitriolic actually told me not to comment on these threads because I didn’t agree with their views!

Well yes, whoever said that was out of order Blossoming, but the H & H threads are no worse than the political ones where being called a dimwit over a comment was equally unpleasant too. There is no hierarchy of threads as I see it, but tolerance of some is often lacking.

Regarding Harry, perhaps if he went about things in a more conciliatory manner and had the patience to discuss the issue with the police and family before letting rip, I am sure a compromise could be found, as it will be. He dies appear to be a bit of a hot head after all, (sorry to any red heads, no offence meant!)

Blossoming Tue 18-Jan-22 15:38:22

LadyWee

I don’t usually write on these type of threads but I happened to be reading through and was bewildered by the level of vitriol that has been thrown at these people!

Me too LadyWee. One of the most vitriolic actually told me not to comment on these threads because I didn’t agree with their views!

Blossoming Tue 18-Jan-22 15:33:06

Do some people seriously believe that the Body Language Expert’s YouTube Channel is reporting actual true facts? ????

JaneJudge Tue 18-Jan-22 15:20:00

Graham the dog person? <adjusts waistcoat> noooo

Bridgeit Tue 18-Jan-22 15:19:21

I don’t believe that Prince Harry has come to terms with many of his feelings & thoughts regarding the loss of his Mother
So very Many folks loose loved ones leaving them with devastating & lasting affects.
The circumstances around Princess Diana’s death are multi faceted ,Given his age at the time this is probably a contributing factor to the behaviour & attitudes he at times displays.

Callistemon21 Tue 18-Jan-22 15:16:51

Hello Graham ?

You have your facts wrong.

25Avalon Tue 18-Jan-22 15:08:48

I have just read that Prince Charles has offered for Harry and family to stay with him anytime they wish to visit. Charles and Camilla have top security protection which would cover Harry whilst with them. It seems Charles would like to see the gc in the flesh. This is according to Good to Know.

Anniebach Tue 18-Jan-22 15:08:18

Wrong thread

Harry has no connection with The Duchy of Cornwall,

Elegran Tue 18-Jan-22 15:07:51

My previous post should have read "They were born in 1982 and 1984" (William and Harry) of course.

Grany Tue 18-Jan-22 15:06:00

Dear Charles

I am writing to raise with you concerns about how you present your relationship with the Duchy of Cornwall.

In summary, the Duchy is Crown (state) property reserved, for the time being, for the heir to the throne. It is property that comes with the job, as it were, not the personal possession of you or your family. As such I ask that you have your websites updated and corrected, to make it perfectly clear that the Duchy of Cornwall is not a private estate, and that it is a benefit afforded to you in your role as heir, and is therefore part of the cost to the nation of maintaining the monarchy.

Regards
Graham Smith CEO
Republic

d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/republic/pages/434/attachments/original/1642445870/Letter_to_Charles_regarding_Duchy_ownership.pdf?1642445870

Martha48 Tue 18-Jan-22 14:49:06

Some fair comments there, Elegran

Elegran Tue 18-Jan-22 14:47:08

It is indeed very sad, Martha and everyone was very sorry for both the boys, William and Harry, when their mother died so suddently and so dramatically.

However, they are no longer boys. They were born in 1982 and 1982, so they are 40 and 38, and have had access to experts in minimising the effects of such events, and the support of their family.

Harry blames the royal family for her death, though he can hardly be unaware that Diana had dismissed her bodyguard that night, and that she and Dody Fayed were not wearing the seat belts which would have saved their lives when the car they were in was driven at high speed through a narrow tunnel, and crashed into another car. Because he believes as he does, he can't seem to stop himself relating everything that makes him anxious to the trauma he felt at that time, and linking it to the royal family who he thinks caused it all to happen.

William had exactly the same experience, but he doesn't relate every problem and setback in his life to his mother's death. Perhaps that is because he was 2 years older, perhaps because of an innate difference in personality.

Anniebach Tue 18-Jan-22 14:43:16

He even said his mother was killed when with a non white man
and he feared the same would happen to Megan.

No mention that his mother had a 2 year relationship with Hasnat Khan with no problems

He does play on his mother’s death.

maddyone Tue 18-Jan-22 14:32:36

I’m sure it was terrible for both the boys when their mother died, but my husband used to work in a school for 11-18 year old children, and I was surprised by how many of the parents died whilst their children were still at school. My son’s best friend’s mother committed suicide when he was 15. It’s absolutely terrible for a child to lose a parent but most are not airing it to the world more than twenty years later. I’m sure those children who lost a parent at that age will carry their memories forever, as should Harry, but it should not be used as a stick to beat the rest of his family.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 18-Jan-22 14:31:56

Yes but he uses her death Martha. That’s what I mean.

Martha48 Tue 18-Jan-22 14:23:55

Message deleted by Gransnet. Quotes deleted post

Iam64 Tue 18-Jan-22 14:22:58

Message deleted by Gransnet. Quotes deleted post