Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 18th January 2022

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 18-Jan-22 05:58:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but dry and cold outside here in brackley.
Yesterday was an interesting day as to getting my appointment in Oxford using buses , did in 3 buses both ways.
They looked at the ear, cleaned up and bandaged again ,so my surgery ill remove next week .
But today , usual tidy up and go to Bicester for usual .
Take Care,
Mick

Gingster Tue 18-Jan-22 07:49:07

Good morning all and it’s even colder and frostier here today in Essex. I’m glad I haven’t got to take little DGD to school today. One of her friends mums is taking her ?.

Yesterday afternoon was glorious and warm in the sunshine. I took little pooch across the fields , without a coat , just a body warmer, and got quite hot. ?.

Today I was meant to meet a friend for coffee but she’s poorly . She suffers from Pernicious Anemia and it’s starting to affect her organs, heart etc. She goes at life at 100 miles an hour and is always ‘doing’ for other people. She has worn herself out. She is my oldest pal. We started school together aged 5 and she is the kindest, loveliest soul . I’m worried about her. ?

So, I will do some errands for DD and then go to Bridge Club this afternoon, to cheer myself up. ?.

Get well wishes to all who are poorly and those with AC who are suffering too. ❤️

Keep safe, we’ll and warm ??

cornergran Tue 18-Jan-22 08:02:18

Morning Mick, morning All from a frosty corner of Somerset.

A beach walk under a blue sky settled me yesterday. Today it’s on with some financial admin - Mr C will be a second pair of eyes for the transfers - and some ironing. May venture forth to return a couple of jumpers, one too big the other too small.

Our friend remains in hospital, more surgery tomorrow. Suspect a request to deliver more undies will arrive soon. Will check her home once it’s warmed up outside. Our granddaughters mum feels rough but is coping, fretting because she can’t visit her mum who is many miles away and has fallen and broken her wrist.

Hope all goes well dragonfly. Thinking of everyone with worries of any kind. A wish that Tuesday will be gentle with us all

Gingster Tue 18-Jan-22 08:03:45

Lots of bad backs about. Mine’S sore this morning too. It’s often ‘the straw that broke the camels back’. Have no idea what I’ve done . A few mild floor excercises and being careful might help. ?. Hope yours is better soon GG.

NannyJan53 Tue 18-Jan-22 08:05:44

Good morning from a very frosty Black Country,

MrJ is supposed to be on a group cycle ride this morning. They usually cancel though when it is this frosty! So there goes my 'empty' grin

It was a lovely sunny day yesterday for our group walk, we managed 6 miles. The photo shows what wonderful countryside we have witin 10-15 minutes walk from our town.

Spent a frustrating half an hour in the afternoon, trying to book Panto tickets for half term for DGD's. It kept saying my card wasn't authorised! Will have to walk into town today to the Box Office to see if they can help.

Wishing everyone who has medical appointments well today. Special thoughts to your DD Ashcombe I hope she feels well soon flowers

Marydoll Tue 18-Jan-22 08:15:47

Good morning all from a chilly Glasgow.

Glad to hear that no further intervention is needed, regarding your ear, Mick. I'm sure you must be relieved about that, the mention of plastic surgery must have worried you.

Dragonfly, sending my very best wishes for today. I suspect you may be feeling a bit anxious, but if this is related to your GP appointment yesterday, he/she is certainly on the ball.

My only plan today is to pick up the meds, which I had to chase up yesterday. My car needs a run, so I will go alone, rather than ask DH. He is not in the good books at all.
He continued the garage clear out yesterday and unfortunately he has surpassed himself, causing chaos as usual, because he refuses to admit he has a hearing problem. He has now started saying Yes to everyhing, to cover up his poor hearing, it is causing all sorts of misunderstandings, which of course are all my fault!

On Saturday, DS1 took the child seat from my car and installed it in DH's car, as Dollie had outgrown the one in papa's car. So far so good. DH, true to form, misheard and told me that charity shops are unable to take car seats, as they cannot confirm the provenance and this very expensive car seat from his car had to go to the tip. ☹

DD phoned around her friends ​and one was very keen to take it. Roll on a couple of hours later and I found TWO child seats in the garage. ? Why did we have a total of three seats and two cars? DH of course knew nothing!
After contacting DS, I discovered that the car seat, DS had removed from DH'S car was NOT to be disposed of, it just required to be adjusted to fit Dollie. and would go in my car , once DS had time. The other seat I found was the original seat, I had for Dollie a few years ago. Are you following? It's difficult to keep up
DD was not amused, when I told her that the car seat was no longer available. Fortunately her friend will take the other seat, which I will need to steam clean first.
He, of the selective hearing, denies any wrong doing and involvement in this fiasco. Why I am I not surprised? ?
#very frustrated of Glasgow.

Yesterday, I received a copy of the very long letter to my GP, from the cardiologist I saw on Wednesday. He had advised me that he would do this, so that I could contact my GP, if I hadn't heard from him.
In the letter, he detailed my heart diagnosis at last and outlined a new treatment plan. It was carefully worded, but politely noted the fact that no-one had been monitoring my heart condition.
It was also stressed that if there was no obvious improvement, I should be referred to the clinic of the professor, who is running the research on condition, and bipass my local hospital, cardiology department.
Although the news wasn't great, I actually felt better that, finally someone was taking action!
I spent ages, Googling all the medical abbreviations! I wish I hadn't bothered, it was a bit unsettling. However, I am grateful that the cardiologist took the time to do this, when it wasn't actually clinical appointment, but a research one.

Thinking of the poorly daughters and DILs and sending best wishes for a speedy recovery
I haven't read all the posts yet, so I shall go back and catch up.

Enjoy your day, everyone.

GrandmaSeaDragon Tue 18-Jan-22 08:26:54

Good morning everyone, greetings from Rutland, -1 and frosty. Since I’ve been reading here, the pink sunrise has changed to a pale yellow. The moon looked beautiful last evening. Hope the sun will appear again today, it makes such a difference.

What a journey to get to hospital for you Mick, hope your ear heals naturally and plastic surgery will not be required.

This morning I have the second appointment with a new hairdresser. No colour since last May and not sure if I will stay natural or revert! Had hoped “natural” would be the silvery white I so envy, but it isn’t! This afternoon, a telephone appointment with a different Consultant.

I couldn’t understand where the flamingos came from grandMattie until one sleepless night I was reading past threads and saw about the find in a box of Lego. What a brave girl, hope her next surgery is successful.

Time to face the day now, hope those with illness and worries find some relief. And I hope soop is feeling well happy today.

Grandmabatty Tue 18-Jan-22 08:30:32

Good morning all from Polmont. Grey skies this morning and 3° although it feels colder. I had an unexpected visit from dd and dgs2 yesterday morning for a coffee and a blether. Then another friend sent me a photo of her baby gd wearing the outfit I had bought her. Lots of earache yesterday which is quite wearing. Today will be more of the same, I think. Have a good day all.

Urmstongran Tue 18-Jan-22 08:30:49

Out here in Spain, doctors prescribe a mild dose of diazepam for a week or so as a muscle relaxant for back spasm. Last time our daughter got it she said it was the only thing that helped ease her symptoms. She said she wished UK doctors would allow it - it made such a huge difference to her acute pain.

Grammaretto Tue 18-Jan-22 08:31:50

Good Morning from the Scottish Borders. It's milder than Malaga!!!
I did LOL at the Matt cartoon Urms, so true. KS always looks depressed.

Well done Mick for navigating the buses and getting sorted at the hospital. I bused to IKEA yesterday to source a new kitchen worktop but they no longer sell real wood. I am shocked.
Today a long lost cousin is coming for lunch. I hope she can fill me in on some family secrets.

Lovely walk NannyJan. Mine with the U3A was equally nice but 6 miles was a proper workout and it was a 15 minute drive to the start..

Hoping everyone has a relaxed day without worries.

Susan56 Tue 18-Jan-22 08:32:22

Good morning from chilly Shropshire.It’s -1 degrees?

We had a lovely day with DGS yesterday.He seems to have grown up so much since starting pre school.

Nothing planned today.I am enjoying these #lazygran days we are having.Once the weather warms up DH will be out in the garden but at the moment with all indoor jobs completed we just take the day as it comes which mainly involves household jobs first then reading for me.

Thank you for the continued good wishes for DD.She is definitely much better than she was but having to rest again as she did a little bit too much at the weekend and is not back to square one but has definitely overdone it.I think it’s going to be a long recovery for her.

Thinking of everyone else who has worries about their adult children and other family members and hoping all appointments go well today???

Take care and stay safe and warm??

Lins1066 Tue 18-Jan-22 08:33:17

Good morning Mick and all from a cold and grey S Welsh coast.
Hope everything goes well for you this morning dragonfly I will be thinking of you.
It is good that you are having more clarification along with a treatment plan Marydoll
Enjoy your painting Beauregard
My bad back dates from the time of DS's birth, I'm sure the way it was handled wouldn't happen now.
Mr Lins has his pre assessment later this morning. The fish man is calling, hope he brings the skate I ordered.
Hope everyone will have as good a day as possible.

EllanVannin Tue 18-Jan-22 08:33:31

Good Morning All x.
My word it went cold last night, but my 21 degree heating soon remedied that. Equally as cold this morning with fog as well to add to the mix. A pink wintry-looking sky right now.
It ended with quite a pleasant day yesterday with lengthy sunshine.

Don't intend to do so much today really and even have some mince left to rustle up another dinner for later so no preparing as such. I might pop along to the butcher's for some of his nice sausage to have with mash for tomorrow.

A pleasant surprise after having read my gas meter and handed it in online. £133 ! That'll do me grin I'll get a letter with an estimated electric one, but there's no heating attached to that so it'll be low as well.
I don't bother with heating in the daytime you see, hence the low bill as it's a flat, not a house. Makes a difference.

I'll be thinking of you today Dragonfly so I hope all is well.x
What a journey Mick, I think you've done well indeed.

Another good laugh at Matt Urms I love them, my own sense of humour.

Lovely pic. of St Ives which took me back to my holidays there. I've lost count of the many times I was there over the years.

Tum's growling for the crumpets and hot choc. and no doubt an audience of one cat in case there's a drop of butter.

Thinking about your DD so far away Ashcombe and hoping things improve for her. I can't imagine if it was my D there and poorly too. She's in Sydney.

Take care everyone if you have fog, especially those who have appointments. Thoughts to those under the weather and struggling flowers Stay safe xx

Alygran Tue 18-Jan-22 08:45:50

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s very frosty this morning. I have booked a slot at the arboretum for a walk. I shall need my big coat!
I must book a train ticket for tomorrow. I’m off to York to do some shopping and have lunch with my step granddaughter who is at University there.
Hope all the poorly DDs and DILs are recovering, that appointments go well and you all have the best day.

EkwaNimitee Tue 18-Jan-22 08:51:47

Good morning Mick and everyone from bright non-frosty Carlisle. You must be a bus timetable expert, Mick, I hope you don’t have to wait too long in the cold between buses.
Yesterday I fetched more sacks of bark mulch from the garden centre and spread them. They don’t go far. The garden is looking more like a garden instead of a green desert and I’ve ordered more shrubs for the new borders. I still have a generous garden centre token from DS1 to spend too. I want to get rhododendrons and shrub roses, rather expensive so the token won’t buy lots.
DS2 is off to catch up with a friend today so I will catch up with the ironing and maybe be out in the garden later removing more turf. That seems to be a popular activity round here though the neighbours are going for more hard surfaces not shrub borders. Rather like my last estate where we gardeners were also a small minority.
Wishing you all the best possible day.

Anniebach Tue 18-Jan-22 08:52:30

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Jaxjacky Tue 18-Jan-22 09:01:23

Good morning from a very frosty S Hants. I admire all the work you’re doing in your garden EkwaNimitee I hope you’ll have before and after photos.
Have a good day all ??.

EllanVannin Tue 18-Jan-22 09:07:35

Just looked back at Marydoll's post, laughing of course as usual as it's like being back home with mum and dad, as dad was the same. Mum called him a " woolgatherer" as he never took anything in. It was like a comedy show looking back.

However, at last, the puzzle over your heart condition has surfaced so we'll see what we'll see, perhaps.

Barmeyoldbat Tue 18-Jan-22 09:25:59

Goodmorning allfrom a grey old North Somerset. Mr B has just left the house for his weekly pilate class that he loves. He is the only male in the class but gets invited to join in for coffee afterwards. Me, well I have finished my breakfast and I am sat with a hot water bottle on my iPad. At 9.30 I need to ring my daughter to wake her up as she is having her booster today and care staff will be coming at 9.45. Then I need to ring care staff to make sure they going in early, this is the third attempt at having a booster for my daughter. Then I will have to walk to the bike shop and pick up my bike which has just had a service and a clean I hope. Then it’s off to meet my gd, have lunch and shop for something for her to wear at her mums funeral. Reckon I will be truly tired at the end of the day. Still at least I am out and not at home running up huge heating bills. Keep well, warm and safe everyone and congrats to Marydoll on getting some action on her health problem.

GrannySomerset Tue 18-Jan-22 09:31:04

Glad Marydoll is being taken seriously and hope that provides a good outcome. Am impressed with Mick’s fortitude in getting himself to and from hospital by bus - an example to the wimpish (me).

Another frosty morning with a supermarket trip with my lovely neighbours so must finish my list. So many things no longer needed as DH’s various favourites aren’t required. It’s the little things which get you. This afternoon DH’s laptop is being returned with my stuff loaded on to it. Hope it works!

Nannytopsy Tue 18-Jan-22 09:31:18

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Suffolk is cloudy according to BBC app but in fact it’s very frosty with a cloudless blue sky!
We are moving furniture around in bedrooms this morning as part of our decluttering. The table for the dolls house is a bit wonky so we have bought a new unit to sit it on, which has prompted the changes. This could be a struggle as one piece is rather tall …
Marydoll I feel your pain! Despite new hearing aids last year, DH still misses a lot. Will he go and get them tuned? What do you think?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

monk08 Tue 18-Jan-22 09:31:46

Good morning from a sunny Black country.
43 posts already so will read everyone's news later.
Slept for over 8hrs most unusual but have nothing planned so will take the day as it comes.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed enjoy your Tuesday and may you all find some ?

Blossoming Tue 18-Jan-22 09:35:28

Good morning Mick and everybody. I am still in bed drinking my tea, so I don’t know what the weather is like this morning. It’s definitely colder, currently -1°C. I successfully installed the new router so today will be packaging up the old kit to return for recycling.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

Kalu Tue 18-Jan-22 09:57:40

Good morning all, a frosty start here in Glasgow.

A busier day than usual today as it is DH’s day to join the 70’s club but the celebrations won’t begin until DD1 and the girls arrive after school. Before that I have an appointment for a cut and blow dry, collect birthday cake and meds. and must remember to buy candles for the cake, not 70 though!
Thankfully much more improvement with fewer painkillers needed.

Have a good day all.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 18-Jan-22 10:05:42

Good Morning all from frosty Harrogate. Another very bad night, this is getting to be a habit, must find a mallet tonight! Hoping for a trip to Aldi anyway, I do love a rummage in the middle aisles.
Glad you and your ear are making progress Mick that has been painful.
Good Luck with your clinic appointment Dragonfly. Glad you are finding out more about your condition Marydoll makes it much easier to deal with.
Have the best day you can, folks.

Chrissielou Tue 18-Jan-22 10:47:56

Good morning from a very frosty white Oxfordshire, it was sunny but is now rather grey. A very long gruelling day yesterday for my DD's 1st chemo session, I finally picked her up at 2130, she was exhausted, but the problems with severe pain finally sorted. So much to be thankful for, and it is one big step along the journey. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!