Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's open-all-hours supportive kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 18-Jan-22 16:38:36

Here we are again
happy as can be
All good pals and
jolly good company...

Welcome! Buffet is ready and the bubbly is chilled. Come on in and enjoy each other's companionship. flowers

Marydoll Tue 18-Jan-22 20:17:58

Just popping in to say I am glad your appointment went well, Soop and you made it safely home. Not an easy road at the best of times, let alone in the dark.

Doodle Tue 18-Jan-22 20:35:19

Great news about the date soop . Not too far away.
Thanks for all the food everyone.
Kitty those boys look lovely. Can believe how big Wolfie is. Happy birthday Bertie,
Sar I’m sorry you’ve had troubling news about your GD. Hope things turn out ok.
Jaxjacky hope Imogen feels better soon.
Muse fabulous cake. Thank you.
corner sorry this is a sad time for you and your family. flowers

TillyTrotter Tue 18-Jan-22 20:36:11

More good wishes for Imogen from me Jaxjacky,
and soop ‘s news could not have been better. I’m sure the journey took it out of you and Mr soop and I hope you have taken things easy today.
I am sorry for grans with worries and sad times in their families. The more we love, the more we hurt.

A cold day with lots of sunshine is forecast tomorrow and I have a short drive over the hills to keep a lunch date with my sister.
I’ll accept any invitations that prevent me having to stay home and de-clutter ? but I do admire those who have got to grips with the task.

Urmstongran Tue 18-Jan-22 20:50:07

‘Evening All’

We’ve had a lovely day. I got my hair cut at the salon downstairs, very spur of the moment. Im not precious about my hair. My dear dad used to say “the only difference between a good haircut and a bad one is about six weeks”
?

I came back at 5pm from LWW with 2 ladies. We met the men in ‘their’ bar ? (hehe) and of course they bought us all a drink. I’d had the slow cooker on with a chicken curry so I invited everyone up to ours to eat, as you do. We had to squish around the table a bit but we all enjoyed the evening. I do love impromptu gatherings don’t you? No expectations ... they’re the best.

Coffee and dark chocolate to finish - ‘bye bye’ ... and now we are both on our iPads, pots washed, kettle’s on plus pj’s, at 9:40pm. Life’s good.

Great news soop ?

Jaxjacky Tue 18-Jan-22 21:03:31

Daughter got in from school with our GS, Imogen was hoovering, had run a wash, hung it up and finished her school work. Your good wishes worked!
Soop's kitchen is magical!

Blossoming Tue 18-Jan-22 21:20:05

That’s amazing Jax smile

Kalu Wed 19-Jan-22 00:57:07

So pleased to hear you have a date now Soop. It’s all finally happening, I am delighted for you. x

GrandmaSeaDragon Wed 19-Jan-22 09:10:43

Ah! Found you all again! Read soop’s positive message last evening, then stopped for dinner and when I came back, the door was gone. Needless to say, I got sidetracked looking for it.

Rest awhile, enjoy visits to your studio and build up your strength soop, the days will fly and things will get better as spring comes along.

All the cakes look lovely, I will sneak a bite (of each) on the way out. Found some leeks yesterday and what started as leek and potato soup ended up as leek and carrot. It’s on the side, with crème fraise and croutons if anyone wishes to add. Veg based stock used!

Trying to reset my body clock in an effort to avoid listening to midnight news, I retired earlier last night but was wide awake at 5.15 this morning! Sun just appearing now, makes us all feel so much better, doesn’t it. Good day everyone.

hulahoop Wed 19-Jan-22 09:22:05

Sar53 sorry didn't see predictive text jump in yesterday .

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 19-Jan-22 09:58:35

Morning everyone. Stunning winter's day here. Unexpected day off so determined to make most of it. And if that involves coffee and digestives so be it.
Made leek and potato soup too Seadragon though mine has stayed leek and potato. Three washes on.
Take care everyone. x
We need the soup! Cherry scones and flapjacks for you guys.

Yiayia4 Wed 19-Jan-22 12:31:51

Hello new kitchen it’s been a long time.
No chance of catching up but have been thinking of you all.
Very pleased to hear you have a date Soop onwards and upwards from now on.

It’s been a difficult few weeks,a big flare of P.arthritis for me.
DH has had a very bad vertigo attack so both not able to do much at all plus DS1 on antibiotics again for cellulitis after a knock on his a leg,it’s a big worry being an amputee.
Sorry lots of moaning not like me really,January blues!!
Anyway I have just seen my hip surgeon and I’m on the waiting list but he doesn’t know when (could be a long wait)in the meantime I’m to see my rheumatologist for more medication.

I hope your all well and keeping safe from the virus.
I well leave you with chocolate fudge cupcakes topped with smarties??

soop Wed 19-Jan-22 12:53:50

Good afternoon to you lovely lot.

A bright day here in Kintyre with a chilly wind whipping up the waves.

Some better news today. smile Also thinking of Corner who has sad memories to deal with. Gentle [hugs] for you.

Yia Please may I add my good wishes to you and your family as you wrestle with trying times. flowers

Grandmabatty Wed 19-Jan-22 13:00:33

Yiayia it sounds like you are having a hard time. All my best wishes to you and your family. ? I made it to mum's who was in bed sleeping ? so a wasted visit. Then I nipped in to dd and had a blether with sil. He was paid off a couple of weeks ago but is looking on it as paternity leave and there is some work coming up in a couple of weeks. It's just the nature of what he does. I've learned not to worry unduly about it. The minestrone soup was even nicer today. I'm going to have a cuppa and then clear out the spare room wardrobe. I have you to thank Suedonim! Have a good afternoon kitcheners.

muse Wed 19-Jan-22 13:02:09

I’ll have a cup cake please Yia.
It’s so lovely ? to see you’re posting. Missed you. Sorry about your January blues and I hope February is the turning point upwards for you and the family.

BlueBalou Wed 19-Jan-22 13:45:32

Hello everyone, it was a lovely sunny day but the clouds are piling in now.
I have been to the opticians, all’s well, then pottered around getting a few bit and bobs. Very pleased that Tesco’s had their turkey leg joints in, two are in the freezer now.
I’m supposed to be getting on with decluttering and tidying the house but my get up and go has gone..... I have cooked lunch, DH took Ddog for a long walk and both of them are asleep so perhaps I’ll just sit and read for a bit!
Hope you all have a lovely afternoon x

Grannmarie Wed 19-Jan-22 16:13:13

Good afternoon, Soop and lovely Kitchen people, the new kitchen is very cosy and welcoming, full of tasty ? treats.

I'm delighted to hear that you have a date in your diary Soop, and a Highland holiday to look forward to! Things can only get better ??

I'm sitting with my feet up after a few days away providing childcare for DGS2. It's easier to stay over, rather than face an early motorway drive in the mornings. He is nearly 2, chatting away, such good fun. We walked around their new estate to see the diggers and dumpers and cranes working on the next phase of the development, it's a wee boy's dream!

Sorry to hear of Kitchen folk with illness and/or worries, I'm hoping and praying that these improve soon. Thankfully, I'm beginning to feel a bit more human on my newest HBP medication.

Enjoy the rest of Wednesday, TOYA.

soop Wed 19-Jan-22 16:34:39

Grannmarie I smiled when I read about your stroll with your wee grandson. Inspecting diggers, dumpers and cranes is, as you say, a wee boy's dream. Lovely memories of times spent with our grandson when he was about the same age.

BlueBalou Your grand dog appears to be suffering (ever so slightly) from over exertion. Have you no shame? wink

Grandmabatty Learning not to over worry is an art form. You are doing well. smile

Marydoll I thought of you as we drove to Ross Hall. You are right...the journey home in the dark was most unpleasant. However, we did it. grin

Have been water colour painting and now need to clear the decks. I so wish that I could muster the energy to de-clutter. Alas, I am far too busy with other stuff. hmm Excuses galore!

My good wishes to you all for a pleasant evening. I shall return to our kitchen tomorrow.

Grandmabatty Wed 19-Jan-22 16:39:56

Grannmarie I did a similar walk last summer when dgs1 was nearly two. Last year was all about buses, diggers, lorries etc. This year, the craze is for animals and dinosaurs. It's such a lovely time, isn't it?

brook2704 Wed 19-Jan-22 17:25:57

Just popping into the warm kitchen to say hello and to cosy up by the fire.
It’s good to see you posting Yia but sorry to hear you’ve had a tough few weeks. I really hope things get better for you soon and thank you for the cakes, they’re delicious
Lovely picture BlueBalou that doggy looks worn out - A bit like me really after a long days walking!
Lovely memories made with DGS grannmarie enjoy every minute as they really do grow up too quickly
DH has just gone out for takeaway fish and chips so I’m going to put the kettle on and get the plates ready - will pop back later!

Urmstongran Wed 19-Jan-22 17:57:48

‘Evening All’

Well here we are an hour ahead and it’s almost 7pm. It’s only just getting dusk. The days are definitely lengthening here.

The photo is where we’ve been this afternoon. Sat out on this Metro Bar terrace after strolling along La Carihuela for an hour. The Mediterranean was a sparkling aquamarine and the little green parakeets were chattering noisily in the palm trees overhead. The beaches are pristine waiting (and hoping) for more visitors. Many bars are closed - some in the process of decorating/freshening up in preparation for the season to come.

We shared a pizza this afternoon and a salad, plus a bottle of chilled Viña Sol (as you do on a Wednesday afternoon). We got a taxi back up. Himself has a Man. Utd game to watch this evening. I shall contentedly immerse myself in my Kristen Hannah novel ‘Wild’. Life’s good and we count our blessings. x

Feelingmyage55 Wed 19-Jan-22 18:03:53

Hello all. soop I am so pleased for you that you have a date.
Yia nice to see you. January can be so hard; I hope your consultant can help. I’ve taken a cake to have after my meal, thank you.
suedonim you inspired me until I was diverted by the tennis.
TOYA (Panache ?)

Grannmarie Wed 19-Jan-22 18:11:08

Thank you, Soop, Grandmabatty and Brook. Yes, I am treasuring these moments.??

Charleygirl5 Wed 19-Jan-22 18:26:32

BlueBalou that poor dog has obviously overdone the exercise. He really must be better cared for. What is his name? He is gorgeous.

Jaxjacky Wed 19-Jan-22 18:52:50

Lovely to see you Yia but sad you’re having a tough time, hoping everything improves very soon.
Imogen looks full of health, I doorstep dropped some lft’s today, in usual times she’d have gone to school.
Busy day on the voluntary phone and one drive, so I need to do a double walk tomorrow.
Memories of small GC’s marie and batty, precious.
Have a good evening all x.

brook2704 Wed 19-Jan-22 19:55:53

Looks good Urmston pleased you enjoyed your day
It sounds like you’ve been super mum again Jax - well done with looking after the family as well as all the volunteering work you do, you’re an inspiration and it’s so kind of you to help so many other people
I’ve just taken this picture of the moonlight reflecting on the sea from the where we’re staying. I thought it looked lovely and magical. It’s still strange to think that we’re all looking at the same moon wherever we are in the world!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion