Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's open-all-hours supportive kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 18-Jan-22 16:38:36

Here we are again
happy as can be
All good pals and
jolly good company...

Welcome! Buffet is ready and the bubbly is chilled. Come on in and enjoy each other's companionship. flowers

Tina49 Thu 17-Feb-22 07:30:24

Oh, Baggs that sounds really positive. Great news!

Jaxjacky Thu 17-Feb-22 07:31:50

Welcome news to start the day, thank you Baggs.

Grandmadinosaur Thu 17-Feb-22 07:42:08

Thank you and what wonderful news Baggs a great start to the day.

Brag away Hellogirl being a huge Strictly fan I’m not at all jealous! How lucky was that! I love those two boys. Perhaps I’ll remember that hotel for next year and book me and my friend in!

Marydoll Thu 17-Feb-22 07:47:34

Baggs, that is brilliant news! ?

GrannyGravy13 Thu 17-Feb-22 07:51:04

Baggs that’s really positive news, Mrsoop must be relieved, sending (((hugs))) to our dear soop

Susan56 Thu 17-Feb-22 07:53:32

Baggs, thank you for sharing such positive news of our lovely soop.Great news to start the day☺️

Grandmabatty Thu 17-Feb-22 07:54:45

That's good news to wake up to here too! Thanks Baggs.

brook2704 Thu 17-Feb-22 07:56:54

Thanks Baggs what lovely news to start the day!

BladeAnnie Thu 17-Feb-22 08:07:13

Morning everyone - Baggs that's just the best news ?

Charleygirl5 Thu 17-Feb-22 08:17:31

That was kind of Mr. soop to think of us lot. If in her own room hopefully she got some rest. All appears to be going well.

Aldom so sorry to hear about your friend- that is heartbreaking.

Hellogirl that was a trip to treasure.

Aldom Thu 17-Feb-22 08:49:52

Such encouraging news of Soop. Hoping each day brings her closer to a full recovery. At least being in her own room means she will be more comfortable and relaxed.
I slept very badly last night, thinking of my friend.
I have a Zoom meeting this morning, but don't really feel in the mood.
flowers cupcake shamrock For Soop.

Grannmarie Thu 17-Feb-22 09:00:27

Great news of Soop's progress! Thank you, Baggs.
Hellogirl, what a wonderful experience and photos to treasure smile
Fulltimenana, welcome, Soop's Kitchen is a special place. I am thankful to be involved in DGS2's childcare, it's a joy to see him regularly. You must be kept busy with your wee grandson, I hope your weather is OK and you manage your shopping on Saturday.

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 17-Feb-22 10:14:18

Thank you Baggs. Lovely news.
* Aldom* I am very sorry to hear of your friend. Do look after yourself today. Can you cancel Zoom meeting?
Stunning blue sky here and gorgeous sunshine. Twenty minutes ago the sky was black and the noise of hailstones on the window was deafening. Hope everyone ok after last night. Get ready for tomorrow people. TOYA

Kalu Thu 17-Feb-22 10:25:40

Thank you Baggs That really is positive news. I know Ross Hall well and now that Soop is in her own room she will have peace and quiet to rest while she recovers.

Gagagran Thu 17-Feb-22 10:54:09

Good news that Soop is progressing and is in her own room. Not sure she will get a lot of peace and quiet though.

DH had his own room in hospital after a stoma op. and the nurses kept coming in throughout the night to monitor his BP and check his drip etc.

There are visits from physios, Drs. and nurses and cleaners etc through the day. Hospital is not generally thought of as a place of peace and quiet! Real recovery begins when you get home and in your own bed and surroundings.

Hope Mr S is not feeling too lonely at home waiting for news and planning for their reunion asap.

TillyTrotter Thu 17-Feb-22 11:01:35

Thank you Baggs for passing on positive news of soop . As someone else says I bet the Nurses already love her as we do.
Also sending a hug to Mr soop if he is reading.
You special couple will soon be reunited.

A gentle start to the day - blue sky and just a brisk breeze but we are all under the threat of storm Eunice coming next. Please all take care if you are out and about.

BlueBalou Thu 17-Feb-22 11:15:04

So glad soop is making a steady recovery, bless her ?
Busy morning so far, done the ironing and put it all away, sorted out the beds and sleeping arrangements for DS, DDIL and DGCs who should be arriving shortly and made a tray of flapjacks so help yourselves!
I have also secured everything in the garden because we’re on the top of a hill with little shelter and the garden chairs have already been blown the length of the garden.
It’s lovely and sunny at the moment so I may potter a bit and start tidying the borders. I’m a little hesitant because I know there are overwintering insects still, though a huge bumblebee has just flown past the window!
Crocuses, snowdrops and the first daffodils are out, the Daphne odora smells amazing as does the winter sweet.
Spring must be coming despite the storm warnings!

Blossoming Thu 17-Feb-22 11:25:13

Good morning dear Kitcheners. Thanks for the update Baggs, it sounds like Soop is making great progress and will soon be home.

Sorry to hear about your friend Aldom. I hope there’s some positive news soon.

I’m hoping SueDonim is safe and still in her home after the most recent storms. Aberdeenshire has taken quite a battering this winter.

Doodle Thu 17-Feb-22 11:59:42

Good news Baggs thank you for letting us know.
Aldom sorry to hear about your friend.
annsixty sorry yo hear you might be leaving GN for a while.
As someone suggested why not just stay in the kitchen it’s cosy and friendly here. Whatever you decide take care.

SueDonim Thu 17-Feb-22 13:24:33

Thank you for your concern, Blossoming. I feel as though Kitcheners are holding me in a warm hug. ❤️

We escaped the worst of Dudley, thank goodness. It’s now breezy and sunny though raw outside.

I hope all Gransnetters are battened down for Eunice. She doesn’t sound like the kind of person we’d want in the Kitchen! Stay safe, everyone! X

Mapleleaf Thu 17-Feb-22 13:39:36

So sorry to read your news about your friend Aldom ?. I hope you hear positive news soon.
Keep safe, everyone, especially with Eunice in the way.

Mapleleaf Thu 17-Feb-22 13:40:12

On the way, that should say. ?

maddyone Thu 17-Feb-22 14:18:45

Great news about soop. Thank you GrandmaBatty.

TillyTrotter Thu 17-Feb-22 14:30:29

We will need to open a new kitchen soon Grans.
Here are the first daffodils (mini tete a tete) to come out in my garden pots.

Bellanonna Thu 17-Feb-22 14:38:04

That is indeed good news about soop. I’m sure it won’t be long before she is back home in her beloved Kintyre.
Take care everyone who is likely to be affected by Eunice. I’ve secured everything I can think of and I’m definitely not going out tomorrow.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion