Gransnet forums

Chat

?? Come to my Shindig!??

(73 Posts)
FannyCornforth Wed 19-Jan-22 09:45:58

You are Cordially Invited to my Birthday Party!

I am now of sufficient age to officially join Gransnet; I of course await my laminated membership card; car sticker; an copy of the much loved Talk Guidelines

Said party will be held at Tarn Castle, located on the southern shore of Loch Ness; or if not, at The Panther, located just down the road, opposite the hairdressers.
(Both premises are dog friendly, many of you will be glad to hear ?)

Bring Your Own Bottle (the hallmark of a good booze up); squeeze of your choice smile; and, of course Fancy Dress is mandatory!

So, crucially, what will you be wearing and who will you bringing?
(I am not imposing a no-pressie policy btw)

I haven’t quite decided yet…
(Do you remember when you used to talk endlessly with your best mate about what you were going to wear on a night out?)

Please do join me! ??

BBbevan Sun 23-Jan-22 13:31:24

I’ll be there in a sec. Oh! My beating heart .

FannyCornforth Sun 23-Jan-22 12:50:24

Henetha
Yes, I can see that it could be an issue…

FannyCornforth Sun 23-Jan-22 12:48:41

Thank you NotaGran!
That looks fabulous, dog friendly too!

FannyCornforth Sun 23-Jan-22 12:47:16

BBbevan

Well where is everybody?

Well, this chap has just arrived.
Casually attired this time…

henetha Sun 23-Jan-22 11:39:46

I hope it was a lovely birthday FannyCornforth.
I'm sorry we couldn't make it. Because of the bird flu epidemic Wiggy has to self isolate. She refuses to wear a mask.

NotAGran55 Sun 23-Jan-22 11:19:44

Happy Belated birthday Fanny. ? My gift enclosed, lunch for 2 for when you get to Northumberland

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g8318584-d14193973-Reviews-Rocking_Horse_Cafe_Gallery-Rock_Moor_Alnwick_Northumberland_England.html

BBbevan Sun 23-Jan-22 11:19:04

Well where is everybody?

FannyCornforth Sun 23-Jan-22 10:21:36

Ah bless you AGA
Now that DH and I eventually seem to getting somewhere with our health issues, it could be that a long stay in Northumberland may be ever closer ♥️?

AGAA4 Sun 23-Jan-22 10:15:31

A belated Happy Birthday Fanny? I hope you had a lovely day. My gift to you is thoughts of Beautiful Northumberland. I know you love it there too.

bikergran Sun 23-Jan-22 07:07:54

Another one here delayed, any Vodka Jellies left hmm

" Happy Birthday" smile

BBbevan Sat 22-Jan-22 13:38:21

Puffing along. Got delayed by a surprise visit so a bit tired . See you all soon though. ????

FannyCornforth Sat 22-Jan-22 12:34:43

Glad to see that things are still in full (ish) swing!? ?
I hope that BBbevan is okay…

GrandmaSeaDragon Sat 22-Jan-22 12:28:07

Gosh Georgesgran, virtual life is so much better blush in this instance!! Haven’t laughed so much in ages. Bet you vowed never to do that again -sorry, couldn’t resist that!!

Georgesgran Thu 20-Jan-22 20:29:18

GrandmaSeaDragon. That reminds me of 45 years ago, when I went to a fancy dress party, dressed as a nun and locked myself out of my car.
I can still hear myself explaining to the breakdown service that I’d be beside a yellow Vauxhall, in a nun’s habit, swinging a crucifix!

FannyCornforth Thu 20-Jan-22 14:55:58

You never know, Bbb, he may surprise you! ♥️

BBbevan Thu 20-Jan-22 14:52:34

Hope you had a good party Fanny. I’ve only got as far as Chester. Still onward and upward. It’s not easy cycling in a full ball gown and high heels. Might get there by Sunday. You know who couldn’t come as he is filming. ❤️❤️❤️

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 20-Jan-22 08:35:20

I’m at Crewe! Got a lift from an off duty Fireman! No probs with wood burning stove he gave it a quick service when he dropped me off.
Waiting for my next lift, save me some cake….

GrandmaSeaDragon Thu 20-Jan-22 07:54:21

A very happy special birthday to you fanny. Sorry we haven’t joined you yet. Am bringing my dog as he is keen to meet up with new friends too. Donned best outfit and grabbed bottle and jumped in car to head north. Don’t know where we are now but car has broken down somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Breakdown service apparently on the way. Boy, do I feel stupid dressed in a pink tutu and tights waiting at the roadside. It’s jolly cold too!

Gwyneth Thu 20-Jan-22 07:27:27

Happy Birthday Fanny . I will be bringing my dog and my cat if that’s ok. They absolutely love birthday parties just like me. We will be travelling up from Northumberland and should be arriving shortly albeit a day late!! See you soon. ???

BigBertha1 Thu 20-Jan-22 07:24:45

Happy Birthday for yesterday. If the party is still going can I pop in probably in my nightdress for comfort. Just a big mug of tea for me as its Dry January here. I am the only person left in the UK without a dog or a cat but I have a very nice handpainted stone that's been with me for years Ill bring that.

cornergran Thu 20-Jan-22 07:19:58

A belated happy birthday fanny. I’m here in my tartan pj’s to help you get value for money. Very comfy it is here too. How are you this morning? Head OK?

FannyCornforth Thu 20-Jan-22 07:11:49

Stay as long as you like Feelingmyage!
Tarn Castle is (from!) £24,000 for two days, staff included.
So fill your boots! We need to get our money’s worth! ?

Feelingmyage55 Thu 20-Jan-22 06:52:55

I’m still here. Been dozing in a corner. Will finish off this wine then totter home. Happy happy birthday.?

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 20-Jan-22 06:08:23

Belated Birthday Greeting Fanny don’t know why this didn’t pop up yesterday.

I’m still on my way up to you, will the party still be going? Hopefully it’s a 3 day (at least) bash, cos I’m bringing my insulated yurt and the stove is proving to be difficult to carry.

Hitch hiking isn’t much fun when your old……and the bottles I’m bringing do tend to clank a bit.

FannyCornforth Thu 20-Jan-22 05:12:35

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes!
You really are a lovely lot! ♥️