Gransnet forums

Chat

So worried about husband

(66 Posts)
Fidelity2 Thu 27-Jan-22 05:44:42

Husband taken to hospital about 12.30 am. Had severe pain across the top of his abdomen. I Can't sleep but so tired. He vomited his food back. We ate very late, as we had been to
hospital appointment related to kidney problems. (I was allowed to go with him for that appointment) .There is nobodyI can talk to .Our son lives hundred miles away.

Serendipity22 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:09:18

Thinking of you and your husband Fidelity.

He is certainly in the right place, yes it is huge worry for you both. They will do tests on him and rectify the cause..... thoughts with you x

Coastpath Thu 27-Jan-22 09:12:55

Thinking of you this morning Fidelity and hope that you get good news from the hospital soon. Make sure you look after yourself.

Grannmarie Thu 27-Jan-22 09:15:57

Thinking of you and your DH, Fidelity.
I hope you manage to get some rest, and get news from the hospital soon.
It's the waiting and not knowing that make things harder, once you have a clear picture of what is wrong with your husband and what can be done to treat him, you can begin to cope with it.
???

Yammy Thu 27-Jan-22 09:23:28

Thinking of you Fidelity. You must be frantic. I hope when you phone this morning you get some good news.
If you only get nurses on the line you can request a talk to a Consultant ,it might be on line but will reassure you your husband is being made comfortable and getting the appropriate treatment.
I hope you manage to get a sleep.flowers

Luckygirl3 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:26:44

I am sorry this has happened and hope very much that there will be a clear diagnosis and plan of action soon.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 27-Jan-22 09:29:52

So sorry Fidelity. As someone said earlier things are always worse in the night. Now it’s light and I hope you’re drinking plenty of tea, perhaps a piece of toast to keep you going. I hope you get some good news when you phone. Do keep in touch and let us know how things are, there are always friends here to talk to.?

glammanana Thu 27-Jan-22 09:39:48

I'm so sorry to hear this Fidelity hopefully they have managed to ease the pain and find the problem,hopefully you have managed a few hours sleep.flowers

Shandy57 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:44:35

Best wishes to your husband Fidelity2, I hope he is comfortable.

Smileless2012 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:45:10

Hopefully you'll find out what the problem is today Fidelity and you'll be able to catch up on some sleep today.

Best wishes for you and your DHflowers.

Aldom Thu 27-Jan-22 09:45:50

Keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and hoping for the best. It's the not knowing that is so hard isn't it. Let's hope that in a few hours you will have some information to help put your mind at rest. flowers

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 27-Jan-22 09:46:05

Hello Fidelity I am so sorry you have had such a frightening night. You will be shattered. I hope you have managed to contact your son by now. Perhaps you may have been able to get an update from the hospital. Look after yourself today . Try to eat some small meals. Thinking of you.

seacliff Thu 27-Jan-22 09:46:44

This is when Gransnet comes into its own. Support and a virtual hand held, when no one else is around.

Hope you hear soon and it's good news thanks

Witzend Thu 27-Jan-22 09:50:00

Thinking of you, Fidelity, and ?? for some reassuring news very soon.

Jane43 Thu 27-Jan-22 09:59:36

He is in the right place. I understand your worries, we had a similar experience with DH last year which turned out to be a gall bladder problem. There was no visiting but we were able to speak on our phones. You will feel better when you know exactly what the problem is, take care.

Redhead56 Thu 27-Jan-22 10:02:10

Fidelity2 I hope you manage to get some sleep your husband is being looked after in safe hands. Keep us updated on anything it’s easier if you share worries or concerns.?

Shelflife Thu 27-Jan-22 10:03:07

Thinking about you Fidelity and sending good wishes to you and your DH. Such a distressing and frightening time for both of you. Please do try to eat a little and get sufficient fluid . GN is so amazing when things like this happen, do keep posting , everyone here cares. Don't hesitate to contact the hospital for news. Sending ' hugs' ???

Callistemon21 Thu 27-Jan-22 10:07:57

Fidelity I hope your DH gets a diagnosis quickly and that treatment can begin asap.
I know just how you feel as DH was ill last year. We set up a family WhatsApp group so that I could update them as only one person was allowed to contact the hospital.

? for some positive news soon.

Fidelity2 Thu 27-Jan-22 12:05:15

Thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to reply..He had to wait hours in A&E, waiting for a bed on theAcute Medical Unit. Telephonist told me this,he doesn't use a mobile phone as he is blind.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 27-Jan-22 12:08:06

I’m so sorry he’s blind Fidelity. So was my Dad. It must be even more worrying for you and difficult for him. I do hope you get an update soon. Thinking of you.

Skydancer Thu 27-Jan-22 12:08:44

Take comfort in that he is in safe hands. Of course you are worried but let's hope it's good news today for both of you.

Rosalyn69 Thu 27-Jan-22 12:10:09

So sad for you. I hope your husband gets better soon. Try and stay strong.

Coolgran65 Thu 27-Jan-22 12:18:15

So sorry. Have you phoned the ward to ask about diagnosis and how he is. There is often a mobile ward phone where the staff can give you the number and let you speak with him.
I hope you get to speak soon.

Nana56 Thu 27-Jan-22 12:22:06

Thinking of you. Hope he's soon on the mend.

sukie Thu 27-Jan-22 13:43:40

I'm thinking of you Fidelity and hope your husband is getting good care and that you'll soon have answers. The worry as the hours drag on is difficult. I hope knowing that so many here are thinking of you helps even a little. flowers

lavendermine Thu 27-Jan-22 14:38:49

Thinking of you and your husband Fidelity, hope you will soon have some positive news flowers.