Gransnet forums

Chat

So worried about husband

(66 Posts)
Fidelity2 Thu 27-Jan-22 05:44:42

Husband taken to hospital about 12.30 am. Had severe pain across the top of his abdomen. I Can't sleep but so tired. He vomited his food back. We ate very late, as we had been to
hospital appointment related to kidney problems. (I was allowed to go with him for that appointment) .There is nobodyI can talk to .Our son lives hundred miles away.

crazyH Fri 28-Jan-22 13:37:40

Hope you've had some news by now. And I hope your husband is comfortable. Best wishes ..

Grannmarie Fri 28-Jan-22 13:29:07

Hello, Fidelity, just popping in, hoping that you have a clearer picture of what's happening with your DH, hope you got some rest. Can you get some telephone support from your family, I realise they are at a distance?

maydonoz Fri 28-Jan-22 10:35:22

Hi Fidelity
Am just catching up on GN and wanted to say I'm sorry to hear of your husband's sudden bout of illness. Hope he makes a good recovery and comes home to you soon. Of course it's a very worrying time for you but try to take some comfort in knowing that he is being well cared for.
Please let us know on here when you have some news.
Wishing both of you all the best.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 28-Jan-22 09:04:19

Hello again Fidelity. I do hope you had positive news yesterday and were able to get some sleep last night.

Doodle Thu 27-Jan-22 19:38:58

Fidelity2 sorry your husband is in hospital. Have you had any news yet? Hope he’s ok. What a worrying night you must have had.

V3ra Thu 27-Jan-22 19:32:41

Oh Fidelity2 what a worrying time for both of you, especially as you can't keep in contact with him yourself. I hope the staff are taking good care of him especially with his extra needs. Try and be brave xx

Grammaretto Thu 27-Jan-22 19:26:56

I hope you have managed to speak to him by now and that he is comfortable. You cannot relax at times like these can you.
Sending virtual hugs.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 27-Jan-22 17:04:05

Just read your post and I hope you have had some sort of sleep. This is a worrying time for you but he is in the best place and will get the care he needs. Remember to look after yourself by eating and sleeping. Please keep in touch if this helps.

Hithere Thu 27-Jan-22 16:56:52

Thinking of you

hollysteers Thu 27-Jan-22 16:52:37

Hope things have settled down Fidelity and you have had some rest.???

Grandmajean Thu 27-Jan-22 16:52:27

Just read your post Fidelity and wanted to add my good wishes for a speedy and positive outcome. Please let us know.flowers

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 27-Jan-22 16:13:51

Thinking of you Fidelity x

Marydoll Thu 27-Jan-22 15:33:04

Fidelity, I hope you get some news soon. So difficult for you not being able to see your husband and for your husband, not being able to contact you.

A similar thing happened to me, my husband wasn't allowed to come with me and was told he must wait four hours, before phoning for an update. He was frantic with worry.
I didn't see him again, until I was discharged and it was difficult.
However, staff were very good at providing updates and took excelent care of me, despite being swamped and short staffed.
Fingers crossed for some positive news soon. ?

Wheniwasyourage Thu 27-Jan-22 15:25:12

Best wishes to you both. flowers

Grandmadinosaur Thu 27-Jan-22 15:16:46

What a stressful time for you Fidelity I do hope you have been able to get an update on any news.
Yes you must take care of yourself to be able to cope with looking after him. Thinking of you both. Take care ?

lavendermine Thu 27-Jan-22 14:38:49

Thinking of you and your husband Fidelity, hope you will soon have some positive news flowers.

sukie Thu 27-Jan-22 13:43:40

I'm thinking of you Fidelity and hope your husband is getting good care and that you'll soon have answers. The worry as the hours drag on is difficult. I hope knowing that so many here are thinking of you helps even a little. flowers

Nana56 Thu 27-Jan-22 12:22:06

Thinking of you. Hope he's soon on the mend.

Coolgran65 Thu 27-Jan-22 12:18:15

So sorry. Have you phoned the ward to ask about diagnosis and how he is. There is often a mobile ward phone where the staff can give you the number and let you speak with him.
I hope you get to speak soon.

Rosalyn69 Thu 27-Jan-22 12:10:09

So sad for you. I hope your husband gets better soon. Try and stay strong.

Skydancer Thu 27-Jan-22 12:08:44

Take comfort in that he is in safe hands. Of course you are worried but let's hope it's good news today for both of you.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 27-Jan-22 12:08:06

I’m so sorry he’s blind Fidelity. So was my Dad. It must be even more worrying for you and difficult for him. I do hope you get an update soon. Thinking of you.

Fidelity2 Thu 27-Jan-22 12:05:15

Thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to reply..He had to wait hours in A&E, waiting for a bed on theAcute Medical Unit. Telephonist told me this,he doesn't use a mobile phone as he is blind.

Callistemon21 Thu 27-Jan-22 10:07:57

Fidelity I hope your DH gets a diagnosis quickly and that treatment can begin asap.
I know just how you feel as DH was ill last year. We set up a family WhatsApp group so that I could update them as only one person was allowed to contact the hospital.

? for some positive news soon.

Shelflife Thu 27-Jan-22 10:03:07

Thinking about you Fidelity and sending good wishes to you and your DH. Such a distressing and frightening time for both of you. Please do try to eat a little and get sufficient fluid . GN is so amazing when things like this happen, do keep posting , everyone here cares. Don't hesitate to contact the hospital for news. Sending ' hugs' ???