Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 1st February 2022

(68 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 01-Feb-22 05:56:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Dark here but looking dry in brackley at the moment.
Usual Tuesday for me , going to bus it to Bicester and have my usual coffee plus snack , then a small shop before returning home .
And have relaxing afternoon , but first thing after some breakfast is a few household chores .
Take Care ,
Mick

Marydoll Tue 01-Feb-22 07:48:07

Good morning all from a milder, but a quite windy Glasgow, its 10°C.

I have been wondering how you are getting on with the severe reaction to your GNT spray Ash. I hope you managed to speak to someone, things have settled down and it is helping. My spray has literally been a game changer.

Yesterday's visit to Mass turned out to be an enjoyable social event, which gave me such a boost! So many approached me to say that they had been concerned at my prolonged absence. I hadn't thought I would be missed!

However, I was upset by a conversation, with the gentleman, whose disclosure check I was doing.
His wife had a liver transplant fifteen years ago, but now it is failing and he told me he could no longer face the long and stressful drive to the transplant centre, where bad news always awaited them. I felt so sad for him.
It started me thinking of the burden, our partners who are carers, uncomplaingly carry, Mr MDoll included. That made me even sadder. I couldn't manage my hospital visits, without his support, yet he never moans about trailing here there and everywhere.
I noticed a few notices at church, which have become quite tatty, because I haven't been about to tidy up. I will print and laminate some new ones today. I cannot cope with disorder!! ?

I was running late, after receiving an unexpected call from my RA consultant's secretary. Unfortunately, the doctor who had organised the chest xrays, on which I had been seeking information, was on holiday and she was unable to tell me, without speaking first to him.
I explained that my GP surgery will not give out the results of hospital tests, you must approach the hospital directly. She kindly explained that my GP had received a letter weeks ago from my consultant about it. I had heard nothing.
Yet again, I feel abandoned by my previously, extremely supportive GP. ?

Because I was running late, I forgot to disable the Monday injection reminder on my phone. Dead on 10 o'clock, as Mass started, the alarm went off, resonating and echoing around the church. Those of you on here, who go to Mass, will understand my absolute mortification. ???????

Wishing all who are struggling, a gentle day.
I'm off to read the posts and have a go at the daily Wurdle and Nerdle games. I'm not holding my breath for any success!
Enjoy your day, whatever your plans.

Gingster Tue 01-Feb-22 07:49:57

Good morning all and it’s still and warmer here in Essex.

Today I’m going on the train (only two stops) to meet my old pal for a coffee. So much easier than driving and parking and I’m two minutes from the station.
Back in time for Bridge Club this afternoon.

It was sooo cold yesterday. As I walked little DGD to school, she said ‘even my teeth are cold’.

Sar - have a lovely walk.?
Beechnut - I’m going to make Stilton and Broccoli soup today. It’s my favourite!
Scentia I hope your little Gs feels better soon.
Alizirin those paintings will be amazing. Do show us your progress.

Hoping your days are good!
???

BlueSapphire Tue 01-Feb-22 07:52:41

Welcome to Northants, dragonfly, and hope you find your shoes! Where are you planning to shop?

GrandmaSeaDragon Tue 01-Feb-22 07:53:54

Good morning from Rutland where it’s +9 and still very windy. At least the washing will dry quickly later!

2 of our DGC have 50% of their classmates off with covid - didn’t realise it was so bad. DGD1 has her 2nd jab later this week.

Trip to allotment yesterday lasted 15 mins, it was far too cold. May start to tackle rose pruning in the garden later, or maybe not….!

Wishing you all a good day especially those with worries and ills.

cornergran Tue 01-Feb-22 07:54:41

Morning Mick, morning All. Our corner of Somerset feels milder, dry at the moment.

Yesterday went to plan, a rarity here. Enjoyed a wander out in the afternoon. Ironing today, I’m hoping Mr C will tackle the bed clothes after his much needed trip to the barber this morning. Will finally order a new tv and need to discuss some decorating. Mr C wants to tackle it, I want someone to come and do it. Oh dear.

Hope today is as good as it can be for us all.

Serendipity22 Tue 01-Feb-22 07:56:45

Heck, 1st February already !

Good morning everyone from a windy, dull Yorkshire.

I am going today to a beautiful place called Knaresborough, where my friend lives. I am taking her birthday present and were going out for lunch. There is a lovely tea room in Knaresborough that was once the first ever chemist in England ( i think I'm telling you right )

Enjoy your day everyone.

smile

Urmstongran Tue 01-Feb-22 07:58:08

Unfortunately, the doctor who had organised the chest xrays, on which I had been seeking information, was on holiday and she was unable to tell me, without speaking first to him

This seems most unusual Marydoll. I worked for various hospital consultants as a medical PA for over 30 years. When a consultant goes on annual leave a member of his team (usually the Senior Registrar) takes up the reins and checks reports. As back up, consultants in specialties often “buddy up” with another - say one consultant dermatologist with another - they liaise this between them beforehand. Hospital departments do not justgrind to a halt due to holiday absences! Maybe the secretary was a newbie or unaware of protocol?

Grandmadinosaur Tue 01-Feb-22 08:05:21

Good morning one from East Yorkshire. Alexa said it is 9 degrees wow on the 1st February too! We have family birthdays around now and there often was snow around spoiling planned celebrations.

My usual meeting for coffee today. Then need to go to the village and GS here after school.

Take care everyone.

Marydoll Tue 01-Feb-22 08:10:02

Urms, the secretary is very experienced and emailed the doctor concerned, who is not my consultant. It was done on the day of the snow, when my consultant was stuck in the snow. She assured me that I have not to be concerned.
Things are very complicated healthwise at the moment and there won't be a definitive answer.
All, the RA secretaries are very efficient and helpful. If you can't contact your own one and it is urgent, the others will go out of their way to help.

The protocol is that one phones the secretary, who consults the doctor in question, then comes back with a response from the doctor.
It is just unfortunate that the doctor concerned is on annual leave.
After two years of silence from him, I have had a message saying my doctor wishes to speak to me by phone tomorrow. I hope he has his ear defenders on, he will need them!

dragonfly46 Tue 01-Feb-22 08:16:37

BlueSapphire it is somewhere out in the sticks that sell stylish wide-fitting shoes.

Lins1066 Tue 01-Feb-22 08:17:23

Good morning all from a corner of the S Welsh coast.
Saw my friend and neighbour for a chat yesterday, she has deteriorated physically but not at all mentally. She has lung cancer contracted from working in a chemical factory aged only nineteen.
My mother died thirty six years ago today, she missed out on so much.
Our hairdresser is coming at 9.30, I will give strict instructions as she is too scissor happy at times. A walk at some stage and a visit from the fish man.
Take care all.

dragonfly46 Tue 01-Feb-22 08:17:43

They are in Rushdon.

dragonfly46 Tue 01-Feb-22 08:17:59

Rushden even.

Grandmabatty Tue 01-Feb-22 08:20:31

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 10° with blue skies and windy. We've had a fairly mild winter here so far. Alizarin that's a massive painting! I like the scale of it.
Yesterday was a chiropodist appointment first then I hurried back and made leek and potato soup and chocolate and peanut butter cakes just in case dgs1 popped in from playgroup. And he did! We had a lovely afternoon playing all sorts of games. I fed dgs2 as well while dd had a cuppa. It is always lovely to see them. After that, I pottered about.
Today I intend to read up on using pastels. My art class starts up again tomorrow and I fancy having a go with pastels. Apart from that, I have nothing planned. Have a good day all.

Alygran Tue 01-Feb-22 08:32:41

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another day with a clear blue sky.
This morning I must do some tidying up in the garden. The weekend winds have scattered leaves and twigs all over. The lawn looks like it could do with a mow. Is it too early?
Serendipity enjoy Knaresbrough. It’s not far from me. Very interested about the coffee shop.
Have a good day everyone.

Beauregard Tue 01-Feb-22 08:35:52

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's rained overnight and is getting milder.

Yesterday I opened a new pack of PJ's, that I had bought back in November and put in a drawer, only to find a security tag that had not been removed at the checkout! Thankfully I have the receipt so will take them back to the store to have it removed this week.

Not much planned today, just a few odd jobs. DH wants to do some work on the veg plot so I might help with that.

Thanks for your good luck wishes for my son starting his new job yesterday Lins I'll speak to him later to see if it went well.

Have a good Tuesday all.

Serendipity22 Tue 01-Feb-22 08:44:09

Alygran

I check it out and send you a PM ...

I do it now

Blossoming Tue 01-Feb-22 08:49:16

Good morning Mick and everybody. Wet and windy in my corner of Lancashire this morning, currently 9°C.

Housework today, maybe a walk later, weather permitting.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

Anniebach Tue 01-Feb-22 08:50:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Serendipity22 Tue 01-Feb-22 08:54:29

Alygran

Here is a photo of oldest chemist in England that is now called Lavender tea room.

BlueSapphire Tue 01-Feb-22 09:02:27

Dragonfly, there are a few shoe places in Rushden, but not visited any of them. I know that Market Harborough has a good shoe factory shop, of course that's Leics. Happy shoe hunting!

EkwaNimitee Tue 01-Feb-22 09:02:42

Good morning Mick and all from bright and breezy Carlisle.
A morning of housework and admin planned here. In the afternoon, hopefully a walk. That's supposed to be the new scheme of things...gardening one day, exercise the next, alternately. My back is not taking well to digging in the garden so I'm seeing if this is the way to go. Once the turf has gone and the plants are in, life should be easier out there.
Well, off to get stuck in so have the best day possible everyone.

Alygran Tue 01-Feb-22 09:05:49

Serendipity thank you. Will certainly be checking it out. Knaresbrough is on my list to visit soon , it always looks so pretty in the pictures. I’m meeting a friend for coffee in Harrogate this month so may call on the way back…..

harrigran Tue 01-Feb-22 09:09:38

Good morning from a mild but very windy NE, the temperature doubled overnight.
When I went downstairs to make my cup of tea this morning I found I had left all the kitchen lights on overnight, spotlights and cabinet lights.
SIL and I brought crates of papers from the garage to sort, I was surprised to find that there was a dehumidifier running shock DH hadn't been in there for the last year or two before he died so how long had it been in use ?
Electricity company are coming to fit a smart meter this afternoon, my present meter is in a position that makes it too difficult for me to read.
DD still has not heard from hospital and was getting increasingly worried about her absence from Brussels but she has been reassured that she is okay for now, I should say so as she works a minimum of twelve hours a day online and is always available.
SIL is coming today so that he is here too while the work is carried out, I am concerned some equipment may need to be reset after disconnection.
DH's computer has started to malfunction so SIL ordered a new battery, the computer has a lot of important Information stored on it so I don't want it to pack in just yet.
Look after yourselves.

Chrissielou Tue 01-Feb-22 09:10:04

Breezy and dry here in Oxfordshire this morning, it feels less cold too. Bit of a dramatic day yesterday fir DD1's 2nd chemo/immunotherapy trial treatment, infusion administered too quickly resulting in an allergic reaction. Very frightening for her and it alarmed her medical team. Final outcome was good though and mission accomplished. Nothing seems to be straight forward on this journey!
Lots of work meetings today, but I will squeeze in dog walk, wordle and more cooking. Hope you all have a good Tuesday; and it seems that spring is a little closer now.