Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone a member of The Joy Club? Worth joining?

(11 Posts)
Tina49 Thu 10-Feb-22 15:31:00

Casdon

I’m not a member, but there’s an article about The Joy Club on a blog I follow online, chicatanyage. She talks about her experience with it, and it does sound good. I’d also be interested to hear from anybody who has joined too.

Yes, that’s where I read about it!

Visgir1 Thu 10-Feb-22 14:32:01

Sago

Sounds a bit rude!
I clicked the link it’s not rude!!
Looks good if you’re happy doing everything online.
£5 a month seems reasonable.

My thoughts... Not a good name!

Casdon Thu 10-Feb-22 10:55:43

I’m not a member, but there’s an article about The Joy Club on a blog I follow online, chicatanyage. She talks about her experience with it, and it does sound good. I’d also be interested to hear from anybody who has joined too.

Pepper59 Thu 10-Feb-22 10:51:33

Tina, I misunderstood. I thought it was £5 per month.

Tina49 Thu 10-Feb-22 10:21:26

Pepper59

If you go onto Eventbrite there is so much you can do for free, or for a small fee and you only have to pay once. Futurelearn also has some free courses. To my mind this organisation could work out expensive, an initial fee then a class fee on top. I think I will pass.

As I understand it, you pay £5 then all events are free.

Pepper59 Thu 10-Feb-22 10:06:43

If you go onto Eventbrite there is so much you can do for free, or for a small fee and you only have to pay once. Futurelearn also has some free courses. To my mind this organisation could work out expensive, an initial fee then a class fee on top. I think I will pass.

Tina49 Thu 10-Feb-22 09:57:20

I think you can pay £5 a month and join in everything, or just pay £5 for anything you fancy watching. I think the first month is free. I probably won’t bother now the weather’s getting better - be out more. I was just interested to know if anyone had tried it.

Oopsadaisy1 Thu 10-Feb-22 09:22:14

You don’t have to pay, you can join free and pay for events separately. So it says…..
The only computer I have with a camera is my iPad so it would be a faff if I have to log on and be on a zoom type event.
But it looks interesting.

Tina49 Thu 10-Feb-22 09:16:11

Yes, I agree the name’s a bit ambiguous!

Sago Thu 10-Feb-22 09:09:35

Sounds a bit rude!
I clicked the link it’s not rude!!
Looks good if you’re happy doing everything online.
£5 a month seems reasonable.

Tina49 Thu 10-Feb-22 09:00:43

Read about something called The Joy Club - thejoyclub.com/?ref=josephinelalwan - through a blog I look at sometimes - www.chicatanyage.com/meet-like-minded-people-and-learn-new-skills/
Wondered if it was worth it?