Gransnet forums

Chat

Silly Questions

(11 Posts)
Luckygirl3 Mon 21-Feb-22 21:27:36

"How do you feel?" ... such a damned silly question and usually wholly inappropriate.

There was a radio programme yesterday where a victim of the PO cock-up was taken back to Holloway to see her old cell etc. - the poor woman was in tears and guess what the presenter asked her ......... ? Give me strength!

Florencelady Mon 21-Feb-22 20:45:23

Just on Saturday l heard a football presenter ask the guys who comment..what does this team need to do to win this tihis time aid? He said they need to score goals! Wow l bet they never thought of trying that!!

Squiffy Fri 18-Feb-22 12:04:40

Football commentators, after losing a match, discussing at length what went wrong and the answer was that they needed to score more goals. You don’t say! ??

GillT57 Fri 18-Feb-22 12:00:06

Where did you put it? when I can't find anything.
What did you do that for? when I have dropped something/hurt myself.

Tizliz Fri 18-Feb-22 11:34:00

“Oh, just come back from your holiday? Did you go anywhere nice” As if you would go somewhere horrible.

Kim19 Fri 18-Feb-22 11:09:04

I'm more irritated by the silly and dangerous position weather reporters are put in just to prove how windy or snowy the weather actually is. Quite disgraceful for them and insulting to us who actually know what specific adverse weather conditions look like. Okay, they thrive on sensation but please give us weather from remote cameras?

BigBertha1 Fri 18-Feb-22 10:44:56

I agree it drives you potty doesn't it but not as potty as sports commentators and their dozy questions 'So you won the Gold medal. How do you feel? Duh

Calendargirl Fri 18-Feb-22 10:04:57

And asking a bereaved person “How do you feel?”

Gongoozler Fri 18-Feb-22 09:52:48

“They” drive me mad, stating the flipping obvious.
Thanks OP for letting me get that off my chest!

Maggiemaybe Fri 18-Feb-22 09:46:09

It always makes us laugh when they ask their silly questions in the noisiest spot imaginable, with traffic thundering past or wind howling so that they have to shout.

Oldwoman70 Fri 18-Feb-22 09:10:21

I think this has been covered before but is anyone else sometimes amazed at the silly questions asked by radio presenters?

I am in a red weather warning zone, everyone is being advised to stay indoors and not travel unless it is absolutely necessary - a spokesman for the local bus company was on the radio explaining that bus services have been suspended. Radio presenter: "Why have you made that decision" !!!!!

Another thing, we are being told to stay away from the coast because of the danger - local radio have sent 2 people there to "measure the strength of the wind" (one is doing so by holding a plastic bag in the air)