Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 21st February 2022

(80 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 21-Feb-22 06:04:29

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its twilights outside this morning but dry and there is some wind here in brackley .
Today , nothing planned but watch cycling on TV late morning from the UAE .
Otherwise a quiet day ,and planning for next weekend .
Take Care,
Mick

Nannagarra Mon 21-Feb-22 18:50:50

Scentia ?

gillgran Mon 21-Feb-22 18:08:04

Scentia, flowers

emilie Mon 21-Feb-22 17:27:44

FannyCornforth,I feel for you.Please keep your husband hydrated.Drink,drink,drink.

handbaghoarder Mon 21-Feb-22 17:01:43

FABULOUS boots Ashcombe. How will you “ style” them. ( In other words, as I would say, what will you be wearing them with? ?)

luluaugust Mon 21-Feb-22 16:36:41

Scentia flowers

GrannyGravy13 Mon 21-Feb-22 16:30:16

Scentia (((hugs)))

dustyangel Mon 21-Feb-22 15:50:08

So sorry to hear your husband’s news Scentia. Many of DH’s family have had stents successfully put in, including his nephew, who called in this morning. Nephew was only about 40 at the time as far as I can remember, and seemed a very fit young man, when he blacked out while driving along a fortunately deserted country road. Obviously he was taken to hospital where they discovered the cause and told him that he could either go home and wait till he got to the top of the list or stay in for a week and they would do it then. He opted to stay and wait for the week, which as he was the fittest in the ward he spent helping others wash, get out of bed, eat etc. Had the operation, was in for a very short time and made a complete recovery. Almost 30 years later he now has other health problems but nothing to do with the stents fitted so long ago.
I’m sure your husband will do well and his previous good health will stand him in good stead.

brook2704 Mon 21-Feb-22 14:18:18

Sorry to hear that news about your DH Scentia I hope he recovers well and is back fighting fit very soon ❤️

monk08 Mon 21-Feb-22 14:13:08

Sorry news wasn't good Scentia my DH had 5 stents and a quadruple bypass December 18, he then had a backup ICD fitted in 2019. I know it's hard but try not to worry to much he's in the best place.
Fanny glad your feeling more relieved with your DH

cornergran Mon 21-Feb-22 13:50:04

Good luck to your husband scentia and to all poorly folks.

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 21-Feb-22 13:45:19

What a worry Scentia, he's in the best place possible and I'm sure all will be well very soon.
You, too, Fanny - our DHs do give us a lot for concern don't they?

Grannmarie Mon 21-Feb-22 13:42:16

Scentia ??

Grandmadinosaur Mon 21-Feb-22 13:04:52

So sorry the news wasn’t good Scentia but be thankful he is a fit man which will help with his recovery ?

FannyCornforth Mon 21-Feb-22 12:43:23

I love your drawing Holly

FannyCornforth Mon 21-Feb-22 12:41:58

Thank you all for your kind messages x

FannyCornforth Mon 21-Feb-22 12:41:20

Hello Scentia I’m so sorry to hear about your husband.
My dad had a double heart bypass in December 2019 aged 73. Like your DH he was very fit and healthy. The op went brilliantly and he is still fit and healthy.
It’s so so worrying though isn’t.
Always the bloody worrysad

My DH is okay. It seems as if it’s a straight forward UTI. Much relief all round. Chest and oxygen levels fine, which is always Worry Number One.

I’ll be thinking of you all day Scentia thanksbrew

ShazzaKanazza Mon 21-Feb-22 12:38:31

Scentia your DH must be so upset and you of course. He’s kept himself so fit all this time. What life can throw at you eh! ??. We just don’t know what’s around the corner.

EkwaNimitee Mon 21-Feb-22 12:37:34

Scentia what a nasty shock for you both. I’ve known people have stents in, he’ll come out the other side of this good as new.

Blossoming Mon 21-Feb-22 12:31:57

Thinking of you and your DH Scenntia

Marydoll Mon 21-Feb-22 12:25:35

Scentia, I'm so sorry to hear your news. X

Grandmabatty Mon 21-Feb-22 12:25:33

Scentia I'm sorry to hear that. My brother had stents put in his heart twelve years ago and is absolutely fine.

Scentia Mon 21-Feb-22 12:19:31

It’s not great news on the DH front. Looks like he will need a heart bypass, he was so upset on the phone I didn’t want to ask too many questions. I will go and see him later when he is on a ward. I just think if this can happen to a man who keeps himself as fit as he does, he would probably have been gone long ago without his healthy lifestyle. Poor, poor man ❤️

hollysteers Mon 21-Feb-22 11:57:25

Good morning Mick and all from a blustery northwest coast.
Bad night as the hoolie seemed to upset the cat, jumping all night on the bed and miaowing on and on, fed her, opened the door on the unwelcoming wind, but nothing pleased her.
My close friend has a detached retina and will shortly have the other eye operated on as a preventative. He’s very worried he will lose his sight. As he is a pianist and artist, it’s very worrying for him. Well for anyone of course.
A quiet day today, some singing and drawing.
Thoughts to Scentia and anyone with worries. Will read through later.
Spanish young man I drew.

Mapleleaf Mon 21-Feb-22 10:25:27

Morning all from yet another blustery day in South Yorkshire. It got wild through the night again. At least it’s dry today.

Sorry to read about poorly DH’s and I hope that they are soon well again.

I’ve a cupboard to tackle today in the kitchen, as it’s becoming a mess and items are getting awkward to retrieve. I think some serious culling may be in order!

Well, whatever your plans for the day, I hope it’s a good one.
Take care.

Blossoming Mon 21-Feb-22 10:04:28

Good morning Mick and everybody. It’s dr6 in my corner of Lancashire this morning, currently 8°C.

The wind was so noisy last night and I slept poorly. Still blowing now, but seems a little calmer. Fortunately the only thing in my diary for today is the Healthier You zoom meeting. My weight has remained annoyingly the same for the past 2 weeks, but I have lost 3 inches off my waist so I’m pleased with that.

Hope your DH is OK Scentia and yours too Fanny.

What a scary experience GrannyDinosaur

Hello Hymnbook and welcome.

Hope you can get something for the pain dustyangel.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?