Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 13th March 2022

(54 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 13-Mar-22 06:01:04

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet outside here in brackley tis morning.
Today , a general clean up this morning before lunch and then settle down to watch cycling on TV .
Yesterday , I went got the bus straight to Bicester ,as the Buckingham bus driver was late again , but had a god couple of hours.
Take Care,
Mick

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 13-Mar-22 16:04:34

The shoes look very comfortable Grandmadinosaur

Jamie Sun 13-Mar-22 13:47:33

'Happy Birthday' Maw Hope you are enjoying your special day.cupcake
Glad you managed to get some patches for your hubby grandMattie and that they are a big help.flowers

Jaxjacky Sun 13-Mar-22 12:36:28

A very late good morning from cloudy S Hants, just a quick hello with my best wishes to those with poorly family, or not so good themselves.
Have a gentle Sunday with the odd pleasant ??

bevisp1 Sun 13-Mar-22 12:22:11

For 2 days now we were forecast rain down here Portsmouth area, it never happened so it’s nice to have sunshine and light days, apart from taking the dog out having a day in and catching up with tv. Had a late night last night as we went to see Texas in concert at Bournemouth - great gig!

Doodle Sun 13-Mar-22 12:03:00

Many happy returns Maw ??? Hope you have a nice day and Rosie is on the mend.

cornergran Sun 13-Mar-22 11:40:01

Happy Birthday maw. Covid makes gatherings unpredictable, pleased you’re happy with your day.

You share your birthday with a granddaughter who has somehow got to be 16.

gillgran Sun 13-Mar-22 11:26:35

Good Morning from an overcast but dry, N.,Cambs.,

Birthday greetings to you Maw, I hope your dear Rosie is recovering.

Kind thoughts for you all, especially those with extra problems.

flowers for all in need

Blossoming Sun 13-Mar-22 11:24:17

Good morning Mick and everybody. Sunny skies and strong breezes in my corner of Lancashire this morning, currently 11°C.

A lazy morning, bacon butties for brunch then I really need to get on with a few things!

I have a couple of boxes of craft stuff to sort out. I haven’t managed to do it yet as I always get distracted by the contents and end up putting everything back in the box. As I would need to live to the age of 175 to use everything I really do need to be ruthless and realistic. A short walk may be in order if the weather holds.

I haven’t looked at the news properly yet, a quick scan shows many Russians are seeking to flee Putin’s repressive regime and sanctions are beginning to bite. I pray his own people will be able to remove him from power, and soon. The world doesn’t need another mad dictator.

Bit of a palaver with the prescription Grandmattie, I’m glad you got it sorted. I hope it eases your husband’s pain.

Happy Birthday Maw, a day in cuddling Rosie sounds good to me flowers

Beechnut glad it helped, would love to see the result smile

Sounds like an enjoyable, though tiring, time with Dollie Marydoll, now rest!

Sounds like a successful evening Ashcombe good that you enjoyed yourselves and your DH is improving.

Love the shoes Grandmadinosaur, sounds like a very successful shop. I have a little crossbody bag and a leather belt that I bought in Rome many years ago. Happy memories whenever I use them.

Enjoy the rugby Sar hope the weather is kind.

GrannySomerset flowers it all takes time, don’t beat yourself up about it.

Wishing you all the best possible day. Hope all the Covid sufferers are soon well. ??

LauraNorderr Sun 13-Mar-22 10:56:08

Good morning from a cold and very windy Anglesey. The sky is blue with fluffy white clouds so there is hope.
Very happy birthday Maw, enjoy your day with Rosie and your friends.
Keep posting happy stuff Pant, I agree with Kim it helps to lift the spirits when some are a bit low.
Lovely heartwarming touch on the zebra crossings Urms.
I’m enjoying the holiday snaps and tales of faraway places, helps to transport me to sunshine and beautiful scenery.
Hope the twins get something good from their meeting Gingster and that your daughter is doing okay on her difficult path. Same to Gymstagran and Chrissielou travelling that road.
I know that you of all people grandMattie will somehow find a random flamingo in your day and hope the same for all goodmorningsters ???

Gagagran Sun 13-Mar-22 10:47:29

Happy Birthday Maw and hope Rosie is improving today. flowers

hollysteers Sun 13-Mar-22 10:33:41

Good morning Mick and all from a blustery northwest coast.
Another quiet day thankfully and my DS is coming over on his motorbike later (don’t like the bike…) he’s very good company and I have my little list of jobs waiting as he’s very handy.
Painted a sympathy card yesterday and caught up with phone calls, one of my close friends lost her sister in law the other day. Not only was she family but they were close friends too and went on holiday together. Only 63, perforated bowel followed by sepsis, very sad.
Thoughts to grandMattie and Lauranorderr ?

Chris3 Sun 13-Mar-22 09:52:36

Good morning from South Yorkshire where the sun is currently trying to get out.
Glad you finally have the drugs Grandmattie and hope they do the trick.
Happy birthday Maw
Today I am planning to emulsion 2 walls in the kitchen them cook Sunday dinner... What could possibly go wrong ?
Have a good day all x

Marydoll Sun 13-Mar-22 09:47:44

Happy birthday Maw!

Hymnbook Sun 13-Mar-22 09:31:12

Lovely to read about the times you all spend with your grandchildren. I haven't seen mine for three and a half years. I live in hope

luluaugust Sun 13-Mar-22 09:22:45

Good morning all from overcast W Kent. Happy Birthday Maw.
Off to DS and family for lunch, seems ages since we saw them, only about 3 weeks really. Youngest GS improving with Covid.
Best wishes to all struggling along.

BlueSapphire Sun 13-Mar-22 09:13:35

Good morning everyone from a dull and damp Northampton, but it is forecast dry this afternoon which is a good thing as I am off to the rugby.

Had a nice shopping outing yesterday, lunch in the Sainsbury's cafe then a mooch around the shops; used some of my Next gift card as I spied a lovely T shirt. Then home to watch rugby, so disappointing, and spent the evening watching catch up tv, as there was nothing on the live channels that appealed to me.

Must make a hotpot this morning for the slow cooker, something nice to come back to after rugby, then bacon roll for lunch. DS will be joining DD and me today, instead of DS-in-law who is over in Northern Ireland visiting his father, still in hospital after his stroke in December - sadly things do not look good for him. So DS has DS-in-law's ticket. Am thinking of wearing my new away strip shirt; let's hope it brings us luck, as my lucky socks have not had the desired effect recently...

Happy birthday dear Maw. Hope.your day goes well and that Rosie is feeling better.

A peaceful Sunday to all.

Pittcity Sun 13-Mar-22 09:02:33

Pressed post too soon before saying Happy Birthday Maw and love to all ?x

Kim19 Sun 13-Mar-22 09:02:00

S22, just love the oozing pleasure you get from life's simple things. Thanks for sharing that.

Pittcity Sun 13-Mar-22 09:01:19

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. I have been watching two bluetits pecking on emerging buds and scouting out potential nest sites. Spring has sprung.
We're a week in with Covid and are feeling fine. I've cancelled my usual outings for next week and am going to do the full 10 days indoors. It's so much easier when you're retired.
No roast today as we're working our way through our freezer (in case of Covid) stash and don't have a joint or potatoes. We do have rib eye steak, pepper sauce and frozen wedges instead!

Mapleleaf Sun 13-Mar-22 09:01:10

Good morning,

It’s brightening up a little bit after what looks to have been a damp night, but I don’t think we’re in for much sun today.

Happy birthday Maw ??.

Sending kind thoughts to all who are unwell or looking after loved ones who are unwell. ?

GrannySomerset Sun 13-Mar-22 09:01:03

Birthday greetings Maw and best wishes to the canine invalid. Greyish morning but will make myself go to church. I have felt really sad for the last couple of days which I suppose is predictable, but the thought of tackling the clothes, books and records which need to be dealt with is overwhelming and so I don’t do it. The news doesn’t help either.

Glad there is good news of families on this thread. It does to lighten the mood.

EkwaNimitee Sun 13-Mar-22 08:54:38

Good morning Mick and everyone from dreary rainy Carlisle. It's supposed to clear up by lunchtime..we'll see.
I am feeling dreary too after a disturbed night, it's as well you can't see the big bags under my eyes! I shall no doubt perk up after a second breakfast mid-morning. Meanwhile I have turned off equally dreary Classic Fm (it seems to reserve dreariness for Sunday mornings!) and put on some lively music of my own. Then down to work to find myself a hotel room for my London jaunt at the end of the month.
Happy birthday to you Maw, wishing you a pleasant day.
And the best possible day to all struggling with ill health.

Serendipity22 Sun 13-Mar-22 08:50:10

Morning everyone from a dull Yorkshire
apparently the sun is due later.

Grandmattie Flippin heck! What a carry on BUT all worked for good in the end..... Excellent.

Maw wishing you a lovely day ?.

Well, my oldest grandson zzzzzz last night because the rest of the family went to London and he didn't want to go. I was glad because it gave us our time together, as the saying goes ....... it doesn't matter where we are as long as we're together so my husband took him to a new antique shop in the village, then tea, then we sat on sofa together which was absolutely fantastic to me ( then he went off to play on his computer)

Soooooo, today i will take him home and sip coffee while my DD tells me all about their trip to London yesterday...... PERFECT SUNDAY.

Enjoy your day everyone smile

harrigran Sun 13-Mar-22 08:42:42

Good morning from a cloudy NE where the rain is just starting.
DS a d GD2 visited yesterday, eldest has a rotten cold and cough, she wanted to come but we thought it better to stay home.
Sister and BIL brought me some shopping and I gave them a pot of my carrot and coriander soup.
Happy Birthday Maw, enjoy your day.
Thoughts are with those who are poorly and caring for poorly People.

Anniebach Sun 13-Mar-22 08:34:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x