Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 18th March 2022

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 18-Mar-22 06:00:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its daylight here in brackley, but also signs of early morning mist or fog .
Today, I will do a small local shop ,and then get the bus to Bicester for a couple of hours and a browse and maybe get a beer as well as a coffee .
Return , another beer hopefully , followed by a nap and cycling on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

Blossoming Fri 18-Mar-22 18:02:48

Bless you madeleine45 flowers

madeleine45 Fri 18-Mar-22 17:56:57

Today would have been my wedding anniversary and of course I miss him very much. But at least it turned out to be a sunny day, and I have no more cannulas in. Leg painful but a bit better than before and I managed to do some washing and even went out for a simple lunch where a friend picked me up so wasnt driving . Paying for it a bit now, Lot of pain but grateful to have had a day to enjoy and to hang onto hoping that other days will be better too. Lots of miniture daffodils out and I am grateful for a day with something other than injections and being stuck in a chair or bed. May all those struggling with things be given a little relief from stress and pain.

Megs36 Fri 18-Mar-22 14:37:05

Good morning all or rather good afternoon, dentist today finished extractions and’tried on’ future denture, which, after several weeks with no top front teeth , looked wonderful. It will be a while til I actually have it fitted but getting there.
Best wishes all in pain or suffering.

Grandmabatty Fri 18-Mar-22 10:39:34

Oh Nannytopsy poor wee lamb.

ShazzaKanazza Fri 18-Mar-22 10:38:23

Have a happy birthday Hulahoop

gillgran Fri 18-Mar-22 10:31:20

Good Morning from a cold, bright, dry, N.,Cambs.,

Thinking of all of you with illness, cares & extra worries, take care of yourselves.

Good to see the photos of the big Glasgow Meet Up, I've only 1 or 2 clues to who is who! (I love weddings & I watch "Call the Midwife")!! wink

Birthday wishes to Hulahoop. cupcake

ShazzaKanazza Fri 18-Mar-22 10:29:12

Good morning Mick and everyone from a beautiful sunny Hull. I am sitting in the hairdressers with colour on my hair so I saved the GM thread to have something to read instead of a load of celebrity rubbish.
Loved reading all your posts.

grandMattie?

Ashcombe hope you feel better soon, when we had covid we’d have a good day then couldn’t get off the sofa the next so expect that to happen. The flowers are cheery. ? from me too.

Chrissielou it was lovely to hear your positive post about your daughter and Kitty hope your DDs consultant appointment goes well.

Loved seeing your pic of all the grans Marydoll. I hope one day we can have something like this in Yorkshire.

Looking forward to meeting up with Grandmadinosaur later. I’ll have my hair curled in honour of that meeting lol
Today also picking DGS up from school he was so proud to go in a red Gruffalo tee shirt for Red Nose Day. Tonight we are out for a curry and a few drinks.
Take care everyone and hope Friday brings moments of joy?

dustyangel Fri 18-Mar-22 10:19:23

Happy Birthday Hulahoop, have a lovely day. ???

Susan56 Fri 18-Mar-22 10:00:46

Thank you Grandmabatty.Hope your son in laws MRI goes well and he gets some answers.

Blossoming Fri 18-Mar-22 09:57:58

Good morning Mick and everyone. Sunshine in my corner of Lancashire again this morning, currently 8°C.

We had a lovely afternoon out in the sunshine, I slept like a log last night. Another walk later, around the marina.

What a busy day Grandmattie, and another in prospect today. Hope everything goes smoothly and your DH is more comfortable.

Wonderful news about your DD Chrissielou, she still has a fight on her hands but is in a much better position to beat this.

Beautiful flowers Ashcombe, how thoughtful of your son, and nice that your DH got to meet the florist he’s been dealing with. Hope your symptoms subside.

Enjoy your lunch and the forest drive Jaxjacky.

Enjoy your lunch and natter Shazza and grandmadinosaur.

Fingers crossed for your DD kittylester.

Hope the meds get sorted Marydoll and you soon feel a little better. Thanks for the pics, there seem to be some very young grans in Glasgow!

Happy Birthday hulahoop flowers.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

Nannytopsy Fri 18-Mar-22 09:31:06

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s a beautiful morning here in Suffolk and I plan to be outside, washing off the Sahara then clearing out the greenhouse.
Happy Birthday Hulahoop. ?

Chrissielou - brilliant news for your DD and of course you. I hope Kitty’s daughter gets good news too.

Ash - I do hope you feel a better each soon. DD’s family are gradually testing clear although the littlest has it now, at only 3 weeks. . Poor lamb has not had a good start to his little life.

GM - such a difficult time for you. As others have said ‘look after yourself’.

I am afraid I have missed much of what is going on lately but best wishes to everyone and fingers crossed for England tomorrow. DH is outraged at the somewhat bizarre team that has been chosen though.

hollysteers Fri 18-Mar-22 09:26:05

Good morning Mick and all from a brightening northwest coast.
Proper tired of this rumbling tum, but off to art group and then singing run through. Just made delicate cucumber sandwiches worthy of Downton to see me through.
Rearranged the G&S show for Saturday as felt so queasy.
I’m due to see my close friend down in the dumps after detached retina op (double vision) on Sunday, but have to see how I feel…
Good news chrissielou you deserve it and thoughts to GM at a difficult time so many of us know about.

Grandmabatty Fri 18-Mar-22 09:25:24

Ekwa a headache was how covid started in my daughter. Be careful.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 18-Mar-22 09:22:18

Happy Birthday hulahoop enjoy your day ??

EkwaNimitee Fri 18-Mar-22 09:19:34

Good morning Mick and everyone. Here in Carlisle it is a lovely sunny day with a light frost early on.
I've still got the headache I developed after lunch yesterday, I'm sure it was caused by planting a small shrub in the garden yesterday morning....it was in the part with worst ground conditions, heavy clay full of stones and builders rubbish. Not only did I need my trusty mattock but also had to resort to one of my crowbars to heave a very large stone out. So no planting out today, I shall probably go for a stroll in the country park instead after my Tesco delivery and lunch.

You are constantly in my thoughts grandMattie, I hope you both have a better day today. It's good that you are getting ready support and not having to fight for it.
And indeed best wishes to all dealing with the ill health of themselves and loved ones.

baubles Fri 18-Mar-22 09:14:50

Harrigran ? glad I’m still recognisable after what, ten years?

Auntieflo Fri 18-Mar-22 09:11:00

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. It is sunny here now, but was misty/ foggy when I woke up.
Yesterday I had my hair cut, but am none too pleased with it at the moment. On the other hand, our car looks so much better for her wash and wax, after the Sahara landed on her on Wednesday. We had lunch out, and although I only had a toasted panini, my tummy felt 'churny' all afternoon and evening.
Such good news Chrissielou about your DD, and fingers crossed that Kittylester's DD also receives encouraging news.
GrandMattie, all our thought are with you as you overcome each day's problems. Lots of ? and ? for you and your DH.
Best wishes to all who are in need of a {{{hug}}}
Have a good day one and all.

luluaugust Fri 18-Mar-22 09:03:31

Good morning all from sunny W Kent. Off for little light shopping towards DH birthday coming up soon. DD2 still covid positive and in pain, so I can feel a load of ironing coming on!
Happy birthday hulahoop
Best wishes to all trying to cope with difficult situations.

Grandmabatty Fri 18-Mar-22 09:02:34

Happy birthday Hulahoop. Have a lovely day.

LauraNorderr Fri 18-Mar-22 08:53:22

Happy birthday ? hulahoop. Have a super duper day ?

GrannyGravy13 Fri 18-Mar-22 08:52:14

Morning Mick and all

I haven’t read the thread as it’s all go here, I will read it later when The Imp has his nap.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

LauraNorderr Fri 18-Mar-22 08:51:13

Good morning Mick and all from a beautiful, sunny, blue skied Isle of Anglesey.
What good news Chrissielou, I’m so pleased for your daughter, that must have lifted her spirits and will make facing her long chemo journey more bearable.
Kitty I hope your daughter receives a straightforward treatment plan and the reassurance she needs going forward.
Thoughts with you too Gingster for your daughter.
grandMattie, what can I say. So much love and support for you on gn, I hope you can take some strength from it as you keep on keeping on.
Like Merlotgran, I don’t comment on everyone’s anxiety but do read, don’t always know what to say but think about you all.
I hope we get to see a pic of the finished pergola Merlotgran.
Lovely pic of happy looking grans in Glasgow, a good time had by all it seems.
Wishing you all the best possible day ???

harrigran Fri 18-Mar-22 08:51:05

Happy Birthday hulahoop, enjoy your day.

Kim19 Fri 18-Mar-22 08:50:06

Morning all! Such a balanced mix of difficulty and joviality on here is just life blood to me. Thank you all for contributing from your own little acres. ? to all those struggling and ? to those who are appreciating happier times. I've moved in to 'high' territory for the next few days. Collected son1 from railway station late last night. He will be here until Monday evening. It's been a long year. It's his birthday tomorrow and we're celebrating by going to a football match of his choice (gulp). The things we do for love! Luckily the weather forecast is promising. I look for my positives where I can! I wish you all at least one recognisable high spot today. Enjoy!

Grammaretto Fri 18-Mar-22 08:49:59

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders,
A quiet day today I hope.
Whilst I was out yesterday my young helper found the barometer was leaking mercury which frightened her considerably. She was chasing it around the floor to try to gather it up. She had the sense to phone an expert who calmed her and today we may take it for repair.

Sorry and glad in equal measure when I read your news, grandMattie, Chrissie and Kitty. We are lucky to have such a wonderful health service most of the time
Get better soon Ash
Happy birthday hulahoop

Take it easy Marydoll and thanks for Tuesday!