Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 4th May 2022

(65 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 04-May-22 05:56:08

Good Morning Everyone,
A grey but dry start here in brackley this morning, at the moment.
Also noticed the days seem to be getting milder.
Usual routine of small shop , TV etc .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 04-May-22 16:36:53

Pittcity ??

Grannmarie Wed 04-May-22 14:41:56

Thank you, Blossoming and Grandmadinosaur, I just wish I had the body to go with the bikini!
Happy Anniversary, Mr and Mrs Pantglas. ❤
Thinking of Grandmattie and family, hoping that their day is going as well as possible.

NannyJan53 Wed 04-May-22 13:20:21

Good afternoon from a drizzly Black Country.

Still feeling rough and testing positive. MrJ still is after 9 days!

I should be on my way to Stamford now, to stay with my friend for a few days. Trying to be upbeat about it as so many others have much more to contend with, and I can visit some other time.

Thinking of grandMattie today on such a poignant day

Pittcity Wed 04-May-22 12:00:16

Urmstongran

Looks like an Ale-Hop shop Pittcity?

Indeed Urms. I resisted temptation but my Mum and sister didn't.

Jaxjacky Wed 04-May-22 11:55:46

Excellent find Urmstongran bet that’s made your day.

Nannagarra Wed 04-May-22 11:54:23

I’ve only read grandMattie’s post but I’d like to offer a hand hold to steady the wobble.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 04-May-22 11:15:29

Wonderful news you’ve found the ring Urmstongran. X

Sorry you are going through stress with your poor Mum Chris. It’s terrible you can’t visit but I can really get on my soap box with this subject at the moment but won’t on here. ?wishing her well.

gillgran Wed 04-May-22 10:56:47

Good Morning to you all from an overcast Cambs., Although rain was forecast today, it was dry here, until I put the washing machine on, now it's raining! We had 2 spots of rain yesterday but it didn't even settle the dust! Hopefully today we get enough to water the garden, (& local crop growers will be grateful).

I'm relieved that you've found your ring, Urmstongran, ( there are advantages to me being a late poster!)

Happy Anniversary, Pantglas to you & your DH.

Thinking of you, especially today, grandMattie.

Hope you have better news about your daughter, GG13,
& good wishes to our other,(at least 3), GM'ers, who have worries for their DDs.

Good luck to all with dentist & doctor appointments.

Warm wishes to you all, flowers for those that need them.

Auntieflo Wed 04-May-22 10:56:33

Good morning Mick, Annie and all. I love the "May the 4th be with you" greeting. Hadn't heard it before. I know, I live in a dream these days.
I had such good intentions of steam cleaning the kitchen floor, but as I feel so wiped out after just getting washed and dressed, that's gone by the by. At least for today, as later I am having my monthly infusion and next lot of chemo tablets. So, maybe, I will be infused with some energy ?. JaxJacky, I use the volunteer drivers for my trips to hospital and they are a wonderful organisation, so thanks to you for being a part of it.

I am so pleased that you found your mum's ring Urmston, I was about to suggest that you said a prayer to St Anthony, (is that the one?) For lost things.
GrandMattie you have such a supportive family around you at this sad time, but enjoy the tree planting in Philip's name, and well done to Iris for her charity walk. Brave girl that she is.

Sending heartfelt thoughts to all the mums who are supporting their daughters through difficult treatment times, love and hugs.
Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary, to those who are celebrating today.
Have a good day one and all.

Litterpicker Wed 04-May-22 10:55:46

Good morning all. I am now back in West Sussex after a lovely two weeks in East Lothian, enjoying the company of DD2, DSiL and twin DGSs. Our little flat is a great base for us when we visit but no Wi-Fi there so had to catch up on all your news with a quick read at DDs later in the day.

I had my shingles vaccination yesterday and woke up with a headache and general achiness (autocorrect wanted to change that to ‘a Chinese’ ?). A paracetamol has banished the headache now. Lots of catching up to do in the garden and allotment. My lovely neighbour kept all our seedlings alive and growing while we were away.

Thoughts with Grandmattie and family. May the trees flourish.

Blossoming Wed 04-May-22 10:26:06

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s raining in my corner of Lancashire, currently 11°C but feeling much warmer.

So glad you found your lost ring Urmstongran, you must be over the moon.

Today must be a day of mixed emotions Grandmattie, great fundraising by Philip’s friends and what an amazing wee girl Iris is.

Happy Anniversary to Mr&MrsPantglas, will you be having a chamber pot of champagne later?

I think your volunteer drives are wonderful Jaxjacky you must make such a difference to those clients.

How frightening for you and your DD GrannyGravy, l hope it’s subsiding now.

Happy Birthday to your DD Marydoll, hope the dentist visit goes well.

Happy Birthday to your OH Granmarie, have a lovely day.

Safe journey and happy holidays Grandmadinosaur

Sorry for your loss Hollysteers flowers

A warm welcome to any new members I have missed recently.

Thinking of all our grans going through difficult times.

Wishing everyone the best day possible with a ?or two along the way.

May the Fourth be with you

GrannySomerset Wed 04-May-22 10:23:40

Picking up normal life after the excitement of the wedding. My two very supportive neighbours are both out of action - one with a back problem, the other with a cracked hip after a fall - so it’s my chance to repay so many kindnesses. I am delighted to have the chance though sorry for the reason for it.

So today it’s the supermarket and perhaps the garden, though I still have post covid fatigue and find I just have to stop suddenly. Meanwhile my thoughts are with grandM, Marydoll and Chrissielou and everyone with a tricky day ahead. Hope everything goes to plan.

Ashcombe Wed 04-May-22 10:23:01

What happy news regarding the ring, Urmstongran! You’ll be smiling for the rest of the day now! ? ??

And here’s some ☀️ for Sars53 to warm her corner of France! ?

Urmstongran Wed 04-May-22 10:19:01

Totally dragonfly! ?????

dragonfly46 Wed 04-May-22 10:16:51

That is great news Urms I know exactly how you felt as I too hate losing things. Finding them though is a great relief!

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 04-May-22 10:15:50

Good Morning all from dull Harrogate
Hope that ring turns up Urms most frustrating for it to get lost!
Happy Anniversary the Pantglases wine
Hope there is an improvement with the DDs Chrissielou and Grannygravy. Condolences Hollysteers
I actually have a face to face appointment with the doc this pm and my turn for the dentist tomorrow. I should be sorted after that!
Have the best day possible folks!

dustyangel Wed 04-May-22 10:13:30

Good morning from a beautiful bright Algarve. We eventually had our downpour yesterday after a day of grey clouds gathering and as we closed up the house to go out to eat it was wonderful to smell that fresh clean scent in the air.
We had to eat out because having had our two sofas/settees shampooed and waterproofed they felt absolutely soaking.
Now having left the heating on low overnight the upholstery feels slightly stiff but I expect it will soften again with time, at least it’s given it another lease of life and cheaper than a new suite.

Thinking of you today grandMattie and that the day will remind you of happy times you had together as well.

Urmstongran I lost my Mum’s wedding ring too some years ago. I’d taken it off together with my own and my engagement ring because I had an irritation on my fingers and think I had them stupidly in my bag that day. DH suspects a somewhat light fingered visitor that we had at that time but I blame myself. The thing that upsets me most now about it is that I won’t be able to pass them on to my own daughters.

Chris3 Wed 04-May-22 10:08:56

That is good news urms ???

Chris3 Wed 04-May-22 10:07:28

Good morning from South Yorkshire. A quiet day today I think as I've been up half the night with my mum who is now in hospital with renal failure. There is no visiting allowed at the moment so don't really know what's going on now ☹️
We are supposed to be going to the pictures tonight to see Downton abbey... If I can stay awake!
Thinking of you today Grandmattie ??? and a massive well done to little Iris ?
Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Pantglass hope you have a lovely day.
Oh that's very upsetting urms but you are right... Your mum would not want you to be upset by it.
Wishing all a lovely day xx

Urmstongran Wed 04-May-22 10:06:43

Goodness. *seams of course
And I forgot to say ‘thank you’ to all you lovely peeps who posted about my upset at losing it! Duh.

Grandmabatty Wed 04-May-22 10:05:43

That's good news Urms.

Urmstongran Wed 04-May-22 10:04:52

Oh, grans - deep joy! I’ve found my ring! Honestly I’m beyond happy.

I took out my cross body bag. Emptied it completely. Felt carefully around all the seems and discovered a tiny tear. I shuffled the lining with my fingers and felt the tiny circle of the ring. Gentle scooting back to the hole and what slipped in reappeared!

I shan’t use that section for tiny stuff any more. The more illustrious and capable amongst you would probably put a couple of stitches in place. Hmm.
#lazybuthappygran

aggie Wed 04-May-22 10:03:55

Good Morning all from Co Armagh , it’s quite bright .
I’m in a quandary , we are getting a polycarbonate greenhouse but , a month later it’s in its boxes in the garage , i optimistically sewed cucumber and tomato seeds , all growing now on my bedroom windowcil , but the cucumber is putting out tendrils looking for support! There isn’t really room now
I might pot on the cucumber and dump the wispy tomatoes …sigh
DH kept changing providers years ago and we lost so many email addresses but , with great difficulty , hung onto our landline number , it’s such a palaver , I really ought to change now as I hardly use Sky , but can’t face it !

hollysteers Wed 04-May-22 09:52:56

Good morning Mick and all from a damp northwest coast. It’s always damp when I go to the hairdresser, who managed to rearrange my appointment.
Nice afternoon singing yesterday and enjoying the homemade cakes.
DD in Barbados for friends birthday. I always have it mixed up in my mind with Bermuda so looked it up on the map. It looks so tiny plonked in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
So pleased to have my voicemail working again, the change over from Sky for broadband etc has been a bother, wish I had just stayed where I was, having to pack up the Sky stuff etc and so many things affected.
Thoughts to grandmattie chrissielou and anyone with worries.

EkwaNimitee Wed 04-May-22 09:41:39

Good morning Mick and everyone from rainy Carlisle.
I had my fourth jab yesterday morning...in church! It was Moderna this time, no Pfizer but it works in the same way. I have a sore arm but that's it so far.
A bit of housework and a lot of admin today as I wrestle with the demands of the holiday insurance company.
A happy Anniversary to you Mr&MrsPantglas, best spent in the sun of Spain methinks.
You're having a worrying time GG13, I hope your DD is on the mend.
And my thoughts are with you all on this difficult day, grandMattie. You are all together to support each other, that's good.