Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 12th May 2022

(55 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 12-May-22 05:56:29

Good Morning Everyone,
Its with a blue sky start to the day here in brackley this morning.
Up to my usual bus trip to Bicester for usual coffee etc.
i notice as to bus journeys Stagecoach no longer require passengers to wear facemasks .
My afternoon will be following Tour of Italy on TV its a 3 week race but its early days yet.
Take Care,
Mick

Susan56 Thu 12-May-22 08:36:52

Gingster and Chrissielou, thoughts and prayers to you and your daughters???

Taichinan Thu 12-May-22 08:44:50

Good morning all - and I won't even bother to mention the weather on the Angus coast! More sad news yesterday as another friend passed away. He was the widow of one of our little art group members who herself passed away several years ago. A lovely man, quite a character, who used to pop in to our little gatherings every couple of months or so "to make sure we were keeping at it". I know the Grim Reaper has a job to do, but two in two days is a bit much.
Off to tai chi in a little bit to take my two classes. No matter how tired I feel, that always picks me up. As does reading about everyone's happy times (and sunshine!)
That fatigue after Covid seems to be quite something Marydoll. I too suffer from what sounds like something similar, and also lack of a sense of taste - but I can't remember having had Covid itself. I wonder if I had it without knowing? Now, must dash and get the washing out on the line before I go out. Safe journeys, welcome home, better days (GM flowers) and continued happy days to all x

Grandmabatty Thu 12-May-22 08:46:11

Good morning all from Polmont where it's 9°. We have a mixture of blue skies and cloud so I'm not sure which will win out. I hope your husband has a better day Grandmattie. My thoughts are with all of you who are struggling. ?
Yesterday was a mixed day. Mum is having issues with a neighbour who is doing some very dangerous things. The police have been involved on a couple of occasions. It's quite worrying but my brother,who lives with her, will do nothing. I then had a good time at my art class and produced a pastel drawing which wasn't too bad.
Today I will tidy up the garden if it stays dry. Chicken curry for tea. Have a good day all.

brook2704 Thu 12-May-22 08:46:31

Great to hear that good news Gingster ?
And to your DD too Chrissilou ?

harrigran Thu 12-May-22 08:57:04

Good morning from a sunny NE ?
I am delighted to say that the house opposite me has had the ivy taken down and the garden tidied, we have been complaining to the council for five years, such an eyesore and apparently the back garden was even worse. I would like to think he came to his senses but I think it may have been a court order.
DS visiting today and the GDs after school. It is my birthday so we may go out somewhere.
Happy Birthday to Marmight flowers
Have a good day everyone.

ShazzaKanazza Thu 12-May-22 09:04:01

Have a very happy birthday to you both harrigran and Marmite ???

Grandmabatty Thu 12-May-22 09:05:17

Happy birthday Harrigran. Have a lovely day x

aggie Thu 12-May-22 09:08:42

Good morning everyone from a lovely sunny Co Armagh, the sun wakened me even though we have blinds and blackout linings on the curtains , not really a worry
My youngest sister is visiting today , she wanted me to go shopping with her , as in either I trail after her , or do my own thing and then find her sitting in the car with a “ what kept you“ look on her face , I declined , so she will come in and display her purchases for my delight ?

luluaugust Thu 12-May-22 09:10:35

Good morning, sunny day here in W Kent. Happy birthdays to harrigran and Marmite.
Off to art group a bit later. Successful day out in London yesterday, complete lack of masks anywhere, very strange to wander around Covent Garden again, I recommend a visit to the actor's church if you haven't ever been in, friend and I recognised so many names.
Best wishes to all.

Nannagarra Thu 12-May-22 09:14:54

Good morning from sunny Sefton.
Having my nails done, meeting friends this afternoon and a swim will keep me busy today.
Happy birthday harrigran and Marmight. Without individually naming you, my best wishes are sent to all facing troubles and worries. Have the best day possible.
?

Pepper59 Thu 12-May-22 09:18:41

Hello everyone. Just want to tell you all I hope you have a good day.

brook2704 Thu 12-May-22 09:35:35

Happy Birthday harrigran and Marmight hope you both have a lovely day ???

EkwaNimitee Thu 12-May-22 09:37:30

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny but still rather breezy Carlisle.
Yesterday I did get my lawn mowed, I only have a small one in the front now and I'm very pleased about that! It was constant hard work on the back lawn last summer and I might not be up to it now. As it is, I can now admire my rhododendrons coming into bloom. The landscapers and my DSs have done sterling work. I might go out and plant some lavenders I bought, depends on those pesky showers which put paid to that job yesterday afternoon.
I've done the ironing already so my conscience is clear housework-wise. I need to finish off a letter of condolence, a task I find extremely difficult, I'd be much better face to face, written words by me always seem so stilted.
Are you new, Pepper? New to me, so welcome!
And Happy Birthday, harrigran, have a good day.

I'm off for another shot of caffeine after another restless night so I'll just wish you all the best possible day.

Georgesgran Thu 12-May-22 09:48:14

A late good morning from a cloudy, windy Durham. Exhausting day yesterday, then I didn’t get off to sleep until 4pm.
DD2’s dogs here today, then I’ll take them home later after a good walk and pick up DGS1 from Pre-school.
?Happy Birthday Harri and Marmite. So nice to hear better news for some of the ‘poorlies’.
Have a good day.

gillgran Thu 12-May-22 09:48:42

Good Morning from a bright, sunny Cambs., We had much needed rain for most of yesterday.

Happy Birthday to harrigran & to Marmight, cupcake wine

Warm thoughts , & flowers for those who need them.

GrannySomerset Thu 12-May-22 10:01:22

Found a new group to sing with yesterday - absolute joy, I hadn’t realised quite how much I was missing singing with others. Made my week.

Agree about post covid flatness. I am now two months down the road and still have very limited energy and find myself easily thrown by things which I would normally take in my stride. I guess post bereavement comes into it too, but it’s frustrating to say the least.

Lots of cheering news here this morning, so thank you.

Seaspray Thu 12-May-22 10:06:09

Good Morning everyone, I'm new here. Bright and sunny on the Lancashire coast this morning. Blowy too so I'll be pegging the washing on the line. It's a housework and food shop day for me in preparation for having our DGS1 to stay for the weekend. Looking forward to it, he's a poppet.
Have a good day!

ShazzaKanazza Thu 12-May-22 10:19:08

Good morning to Pepper59and Seaspray??

henetha Thu 12-May-22 10:27:26

It's cooler this morning here on the edge of Dartmoor. Too many clouds and not enough sun, yet.
A new baby was born last night at about 1 am. She is my step great granddaughter. Mother and baby are doing well.
I am so pleased.

monk08 Thu 12-May-22 10:28:51

?welcome to the newbies and happy birthday harrigan and Marmite??

Grandmadinosaur Thu 12-May-22 10:32:03

Congratulations on the new baby Henetha enjoy cuddles if you can.

Happy birthday harrigran and marmite ??

Ali23 Thu 12-May-22 10:35:25

A late ‘Good morning’ all from me. Mr A is out on a bike ride so I have had a big clean. Time for a cuppa and a walk now then I’m off to do some sewing with my friend’s daughter this afternoon.

Wishing you all a happy Thursday.

Grammaretto Thu 12-May-22 11:21:51

Good morning from the Scottish. Highlands.
DGD has a sickness bug . It's not so bad that she was able to tell me how her nursery pals also have it. She is sleeping now.
We had a joyful day yesterday, collected the eggs and played outside. I wish I lived nearer.
Sorry to hear that some of you have more serious sickness in your families.
Happy birthday to Harrigran and Marmight
Have a nice day wherever you are.

Grandmabatty Thu 12-May-22 11:22:39

Congratulations henetha. Many cuddles ahead.

hollysteers Thu 12-May-22 11:23:50

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny northwest coast
Massive cold easing up, but will have to cancel singing/art tomorrow as still coughing like a heavy smoker.
I also need to speak to the doc as I had rather a dramatic incident at the train station on Monday waiting for the train home after weekend away. I stood up after sitting on a bench for some time and my left thigh went into such a painful spasm I screamed out loud and carried on screaming as haven’t felt pain like it (for cramp) before. Brought me to tears and my friend thought he should take me to hospital! Wore off after a while.
Had a lot of severe cramp recently and maybe it’s connected to my statins? Don’t fancy another recurrence of that…
Wot wif with one fing and another, I still haven’t unpacked my weekend bag?
Thought to grandMattie chrissielou gingster and anyone whose troubles make mine look like chicken feed???