Gransnet forums

Chat

Lipstick

(36 Posts)
Aveline Sat 14-May-22 08:40:52

I always used to wear a very neutral colour of lipstick and only out of habit really. Obviously, no need for it while masking up for the past two years. I thought I'd probably stick with the no lipstick look. However, one day while only ward volunteer duty I met a very old lady about to be discharged. We chatted and then she produced a bright red lipstick and applied it. I was astounded at the transformation. She looked wonderful.
Yesterday I went to Boots and chose a bright red lipstick for myself. I'm not sure if I can live up to it but I'm going to try. (If only DH hadn't laughed so much!)

Lexisgranny Sat 14-May-22 13:37:27

teabagwoman if all else fails I think Amazon do Lipcote in packs of three. BeEmerald I’m with you….I would love to wear red lipstick, but have never found one to suit.

Macgran43 Sat 14-May-22 13:46:47

I always wear lipstick or lip gloss as my lips become very dry. I wear Avon Twinkle Pink and No7 Pink Lemonade.Both of these are very reasonably priced.I read in magazines about lipsticks costing £30 or more and wonder who would pay that .My Avon one I buy on offer at £5. I think bright red lipsticks are awful.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 14-May-22 13:48:10

Thanks for that comment MacGran.

dogsmother Sat 14-May-22 13:55:33

I always, always use lip liner and tinted lipgloss or lipstick I too have several, if I go out I put one in my pocket. I not a handbag person.

Aveline Sat 14-May-22 14:11:09

Don't worry germanshepherdsmum she's obviously not seen the positive transformation that red lipstick can lead to.

teabagwoman Sat 14-May-22 14:17:13

Thank you Lexisgranny, pack of three ordered.

Chocolatelovinggran Sat 14-May-22 15:20:12

Red lipstick is a bit marmite, I'd say - it suits other people, but I don't like it on me at all.
But, certainly all hail, GNers to the power of make up for uplift.

Aveline Sat 14-May-22 15:58:36

There are many shades of red of course. It was interesting that lipstick was considered so important during the war. A recognised morale booster.

rafichagran Sat 14-May-22 16:12:21

Lucca

I hardly ever leave the house without earrings and lipstick. Maybelline usually shades of pink/plum. I look awful,without it,,

Earings and lipstick for me, no other makeup required. I have a pale skin and lipstick brightens it up.

Hiraeth Sat 14-May-22 17:03:24

Same as me serendipity22told my kids don’t put me in the box without lipstick on and a box of teabags !