Gransnet forums

Chat

Lipstick

(35 Posts)
Grandmadinosaur Sat 14-May-22 09:38:22

I never leave the house without lipstick either.

A few years back I was trying to find a red one that matched up with an outfit. Even red shades can vary. I found a Clinique one that suited my skin tone. It does make me feel sassy when I wear it ?

Lucca Sat 14-May-22 09:35:02

Germanshepherdsmum

Another daily earring wearer here.

Feel weird without. Mostly dangly and colourful but hoops for tennis.

Aveline Sat 14-May-22 09:24:38

That's something I'll need to get back to as well. I stopped wearing earrings as my mask strings used to catch on them and I nearly lost one once.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 14-May-22 09:14:22

Another daily earring wearer here.

Lucca Sat 14-May-22 09:13:15

I hardly ever leave the house without earrings and lipstick. Maybelline usually shades of pink/plum. I look awful,without it,,

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 14-May-22 09:08:37

I have recently started to wear red lipstick every day. A light, bright red, not a dark one. I have pale skin and it really stops me looking washed out, also makes teeth look whiter and makes me smile!

Serendipity22 Sat 14-May-22 08:55:05

Lipsticks..... obsessed with them. I have, at 1 time, in my bag 5 lipsticks.

I always wear lip gloss, never matte. I don't need mirror, I've had enough practice haha!

1 of my instructions is, for goodness sake make sure when I'm laid in my box, I have some lippy on.

I am not fussed which i buy cheap/expensive, I've had that many that Ive forgotton.

Brilliant thread. ?

foxie48 Sat 14-May-22 08:53:54

As we get older our lips get thinner and paler, I find a little lipstick makes me look so much more cheerful. I wear a pale raspberry pink or a coral.

joannapiano Sat 14-May-22 08:45:10

I’m quite a pale complexion and have fair hair so I have worn Boots No7 lipstick, Plum Beautiful for many years and feel I don’t look so washed out!

Aveline Sat 14-May-22 08:40:52

I always used to wear a very neutral colour of lipstick and only out of habit really. Obviously, no need for it while masking up for the past two years. I thought I'd probably stick with the no lipstick look. However, one day while only ward volunteer duty I met a very old lady about to be discharged. We chatted and then she produced a bright red lipstick and applied it. I was astounded at the transformation. She looked wonderful.
Yesterday I went to Boots and chose a bright red lipstick for myself. I'm not sure if I can live up to it but I'm going to try. (If only DH hadn't laughed so much!)